• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland - South Africa

Congratulations Scotland, great win. However it's not making the fact that Wales have stuffed up the last three opportunities to beat SA any better.

Yeah thats a point, thats two years and no wins over the Southern Hemisphere. Scotland have managed to beat one each year (which is basically Andy Robinson's target really).

If Scotland don't disintegrate in the 2011 Six Nations I think they could have Wales over a barrel!

Lol, coz the Springbok team has 15 injuries and the new look team consists mostly of Sharks players!

O really? apart from the front-row we only had 1 Shark in the line-up. The only try was scored by a Shark ;) But I see what you mean. Weird thing is that the Sharks play a completely different style then the Springboks

Just got home from work and saw the result from this game. WOW. How on earth do Scotland do it, look god awful one week, then beat the world champs the next. Mental!

"Deon Stegmann" so wtf did he do? Play big boy Alberts with Spies an Juan for this tour!!

Deon Stegmann and Zane Kirchner didn't do anything right and caused most penalties. Unbelievable.

Unbelievable alright. Well done to Scotland though have to give credit to one of the biggest upsets for awhile.

Is that the 1st time Scotland has beaten the 'boks?

I think this was the 3rd time in history after 2002 and 1989 if I am correct

To all SA fans. There are some positives from this tour. When Guthro Steenkamp, John Smit, Schalk Burger, Heinrich Brussow, Fourie Du Preez, Jaque fourie, Habana and JP Piterson come back from injuries these guys playing on this tour would have gained experience for next years RWC 2011! Secondly if (when) SA lose to England then PdV should get the chop! If I were the players I would let this one slip just to get rid of him. Bring on Jake White, John Mitchell, Heyneke Meyer and Rassie Erasmus. SA would be unstoppable with those coaches at the helm.

Steenkamp, Bekker, Burger, Brussouw, Rossouw, Habana (if he finally regains his form) du Preez, Fourie, de Jongh, Pietersen (how difficult is it???) are players who can make this team better. Smit is ready for retirement.

Well done Dan Parks and the pack, the rest of the Scotland team did naff all.

Yes, the day we finally realized. There are shitter coaches than Rudolf Straueli. Well done PdV, we didn't think you'd be able to do it. I wonder if he's also going to ask to be judged on his World Cup campaign, then it'd really be history repeating itself, if the Boks lose out in the QF we'll know.

Last edited:
SA need to get rid of pdv to have any hope of winning the WC

Wales and Ireland should really be wondering how they didn't manage to beat this team.

what is it with South African and sucking at NH Tours? every year even when they win the tri nations SA seem to fall apart on NH tours

Congratulations to Scotland. Interesting to see how they do against Argentina come WC.

Latest posts