• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Nov 21 2009, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Congrats to all Scottish fans, a day to remember. Best defensive effort since France against NZ in the WC. I thought Aus had stolen the win there at the death, but Giteau who was totally off with the boot missed the conversion................ and I cheered and jamp around as if it were Wales. For 160minutes there, I became Stottish.

Awesome![/b]

Just back from Edinburgh, can't beleive we won that. Really impressed with the defense.
I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty anyday

Wow super coach strikes again. So what are Aussie aiming for now? staying within 15 points of Wales? Who would have thought in a year where the Allblacks have lost 4 times and been pretty average in most wins, there would be no talk of the NZRU sticking with Henry over Deans. At my count the Aussies have lost seven games this year. Whats the record for most losses in one year by the Aussies?

Oh and Congrats to the Scots.

Looks like Aus picked up a couple of injuries for the Wales game aswell. Ben Robinson went off (although it didn't look to serious, and his replacement looked good). Palu must be a serious doubt for next week aswell. That would be a huge loss for Aus, as he carries alot of ball. Scrum half also went off with a slight limp, erm... can't remember his name now!

There's still serious danger sines coming from this Aus team though. Great in the scrum, good kicking game and an exciting backline (kinda). They do appear a little weak in the linout though. Doubt we'll see another performance where Aus missed so many opportunities, so Wales are gonna have to step up another gear or two to win next week. Think we can though.

Well i did not expect Scotland to win over Aussies

Seems they got some extra strength against Wallabies

Bout time too. 1st win against the Aussies in 17 games! I'd say that's a streak they're all to happy to see come to an end. Well done boys.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wjd23104 @ Nov 22 2009, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Whats the record for most losses in one year by the Aussies?[/b]

1970's the Wallabies were branded the Woeful Wallabies, they lost 19 out of 20 test matches or something in one huge tour, was the low point of the Wallabies, was about 1973 I think.

A few facts I've read from various sources:

Australia entered the Scottish 22 forty three times

Scotland made 129 tackles to Australia's 64

Matt Giteau only enjoyed a kicking success rate of 25%

Scotland had no clean breaks to Oz's 4

Scotland missed 5 tackles whereas Australia missed none

What an intriguing game, wouldn't say good as the quality was poor but by the end I was willing Scotland on with their herculean defensive effort.

You can't blame it on any one person really, Stephen Moore missed and opportunity, Quade ballsed one up for us, you can't really blame Giteau entirely, because any one of those things would have won us the game, it's just that his missed kick happened to be the last chance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Nov 22 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Matt Giteau what a douche.[/b]
He is an IRB Player of the year candidate LOL!

Good job Scotland. NZ has hardly been amazing, but we seem to be the only southern hemisphare team not getting embarrised.

Scotland won well deserved.
Giteau lost the game for AUS, missing 3/4 and giving a bad pass during the 71st minute.

[mental note]Drink in pubs with outdoor TV in future, be sure to watch[/mental note]

Wish I'd seen this one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Nov 22 2009, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Watch Giteau nail every single penalty against us next week![/b]

Isn't it always the way, an animal is most dangerous when its wounded.
by no means a classic game but what a nail bitter

Latest posts