• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Nov 22 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We just lost to Scotland? If we drop the next one Deans could be gone.[/b]

Considering Deans is the only coach in world rugby with the ******** to develop a team for the future instead of churning out the same old-same old, that would be a travesty.

That said, John O'Neil is enough of a c*** to give him the boot.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Nov 22 2009, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If we drop the next one Deans could be gone.[/b]

I hate how poor team performances more often then not are blamed on the coach.
In the end its up to guys that step on the pitch to execute what theyve practiced perfectly and to have immense pride representing their country.
Deans is a good coach and if theres anyone to blame about the lack of talent in this country then the blame should be directed at the ARU. It is their responsibilty for strategic planning from grass roots level through to proffessional ranks. I hope Deans doesnt cop the same flack mitchell got all because of a few princesses who think theyre superstars and are beyond getting pineapples shoved up their arses.
Time to pull out some pineapples......BIG PINEAPPLES!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Nov 22 2009, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Nov 22 2009, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we drop the next one Deans could be gone.[/b]

I hate how poor team performances more often then not are blamed on the coach.
In the end its up to guys that step on the pitch to execute what theyve practiced perfectly and to have immense pride representing their country.
Deans is a good coach and if theres anyone to blame about the lack of talent in this country then the blame should be directed at the ARU. It is their responsibilty for strategic planning from grass roots level through to proffessional ranks. I hope Deans doesnt cop the same flack mitchell got all because of a few princesses who think theyre superstars and are beyond getting pineapples shoved up their arses.
Time to pull out some pineapples......BIG PINEAPPLES!!
[/b][/quote]

Yep. The ARU have held back development in Australia for a few years now. The lack of a proper domestic competition is pretty disgraceful.

Australia had the players, the possession and the opportunities to easily take care of Scotland.

We don't have a decent set of locks and the backline is in total disarray... except for Ashley-Cooper.

Yeah AAC and george smith were the standouts imo for the wallabies this game.I hope cam shepherd can get thru next year injury free. we need AAC to cement his spot at outside centre.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Nov 22 2009, 05:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wjd23104 @ Nov 22 2009, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whats the record for most losses in one year by the Aussies?[/b]

1970's the Wallabies were branded the Woeful Wallabies, they lost 19 out of 20 test matches or something in one huge tour, was the low point of the Wallabies, was about 1973 I think.
[/b][/quote]

oh God 19 out of 20, even Georgian national Football team has better stats :lol:

Deans will not be dropped, there are no alternatives and besides he has done wonders for this team even if they are not winning matches. Australia have the best scrum I have seen from them in a long time and have good players from 1-15. The biggest concern for me is seeing Giteau play 10 when he has all the skills to be a 12 and is better there. Without Barnes it is a touch ask but I would still prefer Cooper at 10 and Giteau at 12.

He won't be the goal kicker any more. He missed some easy kicks vs Scotland.

Congratulations to Scotland. What a result for them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 21 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
For f***'s sake, I don't think I've ever seen a team more dominant lose a game before.

Australia scuppered between 10 & 14 with clear cut try-scoring chances. Giteau scuppered 8 easy points with his boot, perhaps even more from that DG.

A clinical team should have won that game at least 26-9; at most 33-9. I cannot believe they lost.[/b]

Are you an Australian fan or just a bitter Englishman? <_<

What a great win, looks like our first Autum clean sweep since 2002. Just hope we can follow it up with a better, smarter performance next weekend. Our tactial kicking is woeful, having Paterson on in some capacity would certainly help. What can you say about Mossy though, he's just a Scottish legend.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 22 2009, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm not wrong though.[/b]

True, but what if they lose again next year to Wales or (heaven forbid) England/France then I think a lot of people will be wondering if all this pain is worth it to build a team for a "future" it'll never reach...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Nov 22 2009, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 21 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For f***'s sake, I don't think I've ever seen a team more dominant lose a game before.

Australia scuppered between 10 & 14 with clear cut try-scoring chances. Giteau scuppered 8 easy points with his boot, perhaps even more from that DG.

A clinical team should have won that game at least 26-9; at most 33-9. I cannot believe they lost.[/b]

[/b][/quote]

A bitter Englishman. All the same, you can't deny anything I said. Scotland produced the sort of performance they normally reserve for England, they defended tenaciously and kicked all their goals. But that wasn't enough on its own. Australia lost that match rather than Scotland winning it.

To be brutally honest, I've seen the highlights and saw the mighty Australian juggernaught smash and clatter into that most imovable of objects: the reality of a very wet and windy Murrayfield.

Lets face it guys, its bloody hard to beat Scotland at home when its pouring cats and dogs close to an intensity not seen since Hurricane Andrew. The conditions are ripe for an attritional forwards contest with plenty of hardcore defence-work and not for running rugby. I don't care what you say, you're just making a rod for your own back if you turn up to a ground which is virtually a paddling pool and expect to play attacking running rugby. How Deans and co thought that they could prepare and play a running game I have no idea.

Scotland came to Murrayfield with their A game and with a team specifically picked and drilled knowing what the conditions have been for the past week and would be yesterday and they did it perfectly. Lets not forget here that for all Andy Robinson's shortcomings as a head coach he was the guy who made England's forwards some of the most fearsome on the planet bar none. The guy saw the conditions and knew he it was his territory and that Deans wouldn't be able to reach for his play book for this one.

I mean, look at Scotland in the loose with what little ball they had were absolutely great because they played and defended using the conditions to their advantage. Every time Australia attempted to run free they were hindred by those very same conditions and seemed ill equipped for any possible attempt to grind out a try or leave Scotland's half with points whatever they may be.

I say again. You do what you have to do to win be it with a penalty, a running try, a 10m drive over the line or a drop goal. To those who say you have to build a team for the future and you have to play to your strengths, you don't do that when its a howling gale and belting down rain on a waterlogged pitch!!!! You're simply asking for a kicking and I'm going to be blunt: Deans and Elsom dropped a bo**ok.

Whilst I have been alive there has never been a darker era for the wallabies and the ARU

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 22 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Nov 22 2009, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 21 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

A bitter Englishman. All the same, you can't deny anything I said. Scotland produced the sort of performance they normally reserve for England, they defended tenaciously and kicked all their goals. But that wasn't enough on its own. Australia lost that match rather than Scotland winning it.
[/b][/quote]

No Godman missed one of his kicks at goal, im not denying Australia blew it. But we did something France,Ireland and England have failed to do this year and beat the Wallabies. Deserves a bit of credit surely..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 23 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
To be brutally honest, I've seen the highlights and saw the mighty Australian juggernaught smash and clatter into that most imovable of objects: the reality of a very wet and windy Murrayfield.

Lets face it guys, its bloody hard to beat Scotland at home when its pouring cats and dogs close to an intensity not seen since Hurricane Andrew. The conditions are ripe for an attritional forwards contest with plenty of hardcore defence-work and not for running rugby. I don't care what you say, you're just making a rod for your own back if you turn up to a ground which is virtually a paddling pool and expect to play attacking running rugby. How Deans and co thought that they could prepare and play a running game I have no idea.

Scotland came to Murrayfield with their A game and with a team specifically picked and drilled knowing what the conditions have been for the past week and would be yesterday and they did it perfectly. Lets not forget here that for all Andy Robinson's shortcomings as a head coach he was the guy who made England's forwards some of the most fearsome on the planet bar none. The guy saw the conditions and knew he it was his territory and that Deans wouldn't be able to reach for his play book for this one.

I mean, look at Scotland in the loose with what little ball they had were absolutely great because they played and defended using the conditions to their advantage. Every time Australia attempted to run free they were hindred by those very same conditions and seemed ill equipped for any possible attempt to grind out a try or leave Scotland's half with points whatever they may be.

I say again. You do what you have to do to win be it with a penalty, a running try, a 10m drive over the line or a drop goal. To those who say you have to build a team for the future and you have to play to your strengths, you don't do that when its a howling gale and belting down rain on a waterlogged pitch!!!! You're simply asking for a kicking and I'm going to be blunt: Deans and Elsom dropped a bo**ok.[/b]
Hahahaha. Oh please juggernaught, what the hell have you been smoking? they have lost seven games this year, Lets be honest how many Aus coach would survive a record like that? You can blame the ARU all you want but Deans knew what he was getting and you can't tell me he didn't have the quality of players to win this game because no one thought they would lose this game. I get the point about the players having to shoulder most of the blame but this is professional sport and a coach lives and dies by his results. How many people said Deans was a super coach at the Crusaders and how many credited the Canterbury and New Zealand Rugby Unions ? On one hand the Deans apologists want us to believe everyone but Deans is to blame for the Aus Rugby Team and on the other hand He gets a ton of credit for the Cantabs. Can't have it both ways.

Was at the game, incredible atmosphere and Murrayfield wasn't even full!!

Andy Robinson and Steadman have brought discipline and organisation to our national side. They're playing to the strengths of Scotland; using our big pack and keeping it simple.

I know a lot of Aussies are banging on about how the dominanted Scotland, but rugby is as much about what you do off the ball as what you do on it. I can understand the argument that Australia were better cause they had more ball or possession, but they wasted it. Scotland hardly saw the ball, yet registered more points that Australia. So, how does that make Australia a better side? Oz were forced into a lot of their errors by an awesome Scottish defence that smashed and battered anything in a gold jersey. How many times did we see an Aussie boy get driven back? Look at Giteu's 'attempt' at a drop goal at the end of the first half. Hit after hit after hit had Australia going backwards and we forced them into those stupid errors. Aye, Oz should've been able to complete a simple 3 v 1, but the fact that the lad didn't proves that Australia were not good enough to win the game. You can have as much possesion and territory as you want, but unless you do anything with it, you're no better than the other team and that is exactly what happened on Saturday!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Nov 22 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Whilst I have been alive there has never been a darker era for the wallabies and the ARU[/b]

Easy tiger. Australia are clearly a good team with some great players. They beat England, draw against Ireland and lose to Scotland. It might not be the most successful ever Autumn tour, but try and keep a bit of perspective here... No need to be so dramatic.

Latest posts