• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland World Cup Squad

Watson a little lucky to be included, hasn't been the same since the Lions.

Good squad, backs couldn't be much better.

Shame McInally didn't make it. We've seen the last of him in a Scotland shirt, he announced retirement after the RWC

Good squad, backs couldn't be much better.

Shame McInally didn't make it. We've seen the last of him in a Scotland shirt, he announced retirement after the RWC
Right decision but a shame, he's been a really good player and transitioned well to hooker.

Guess there's a chance he gets a game at the weekend for a farewell and to hit 50 caps?

Right decision but a shame, he's been a really good player and transitioned well to hooker.

Guess there's a chance he gets a game at the weekend for a farewell and to hit 50 caps?
Maybe

Shame for McInally as I thought he looked decent off the bench last weekend.

Has he finished his training as a pilot? Maybe he can fly the squad back to Edinburgh after the group stage is finished.

Just been watching one of McInally's best moments which was in the Calcutta cup draw

Forgot we had a Farrell special which he again got away with

God that tackle from May is shocking,
Doesn't even make McInally miss stride and makes sure Farrell can't get anywhere near as well as he swings round and Farrell has to swerve

Just been watching one of McInally's best moments which was in the Calcutta cup draw

Forgot we had a Farrell special which he again got away with

Always an emotional watch back, a literal rollercoaster of emotion and one of the most entertaining games ever seen IMO.

Price was superb that day, McInally beating 2 backs to score, Graham like a slippery eel, Johnson with his cannonball charge, (although getting caught out by Ford was a real shame), even England had some creativity further out wide and scored some great tries themselves.

Seeing it now, really have to wonder how Farrell dodged the bin, no reason at all why you wouldn't wrap in that challenge without deciding to shoulder bump before hand.

Couldn't get a more Scottish backdrop than this other than Glen Boggle

F3vtVDEWUAACJ1y.jpeg

I'd love it if Scotland got out the group. If they do they really could be dark horses. Uphill battle obviously but the way they've been playing I'm sure they'll be confident in camp that they can do something special.

Imagine Ireland not getting out the group.

I'd love it if Scotland got out the group. If they do they really could be dark horses. Uphill battle obviously but the way they've been playing I'm sure they'll be confident in camp that they can do something special.

I'd love it too, but don't see it as likely unless ....

Imagine Ireland reaching a semi!

Scotland would need a complete 80 minute performance with either Ire or SA having a bad day at the office. If we did upset one of them it would be classic Scotland to still finish third in the group. Tonga are also a potential banana skin.

It's all ifs buts and maybes and no doubt plenty will be here to point and laugh at us when Scotland dive bomb again....

But....

For the purposes of rugby club banter, me personally I think there is probably a greater chance of beating Ireland than SA. It depends how much pressure Ireland are under, SA are proven tourists and the WC is the big monkey that Ireland haven't ever shaken off properly.

Scotland made Ireland look very ordinary in the 6N for a long spell of the game, it is within them to beat the Irish but something special needs to just click on the day...

After watching SA and Ireland today I'm going to say it is entirely within Scotlands ability to beat them, play like we did v France and it can trouble both.

It's a mental group when you look at it,
I think South Africa are more inconsistent than Ireland, so would theoretically be the most likely scalp for Scotland, but then their pack is so monstrous they could just shut down a game and play 9 man rugby and squeeze the life out of any side in the world

It's a mental group when you look at it,
I think South Africa are more inconsistent than Ireland, so would theoretically be the most likely scalp for Scotland, but then their pack is so monstrous they could just shut down a game and play 9 man rugby and squeeze the life out of any side in the world
Yes very true, I think Scotland on their day have a forwards game that can keep us in the fight with South Africa, the difference will have to be foiling them into a power game up front before blitzing with the backs.