• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland World Cup Squad

How many times being looked over do you think it will take for Roebuck to play for scotland?
Think he'll jump as soon as Scotland give him another call, tbh - though I'm not sure when that'll be as they've a strong, and well established, backline atm, think his last invitation was before Steyn cemented himself
Supossedly he (and Carpenter) have both had conversations with Borthwick re: the pecking order/their workons etc. but I wouldn't be surprised if Roebuck is looking at the state of his coaching setup and thinking maybe his Scottish roots are pretty strong after all

Think he'll jump as soon as Scotland give him another call, tbh - though I'm not sure when that'll be as they've a strong, and well established, backline atm, think his last invitation was before Steyn cemented himself
Supossedly he (and Carpenter) have both had conversations with Borthwick re: the pecking order/their workons etc. but I wouldn't be surprised if Roebuck is looking at the state of his coaching setup and thinking maybe his Scottish roots are pretty strong after all
There does appear to be a 4th winger spot up for grabs post world cup, but not sure that would lure him.

You are right though, if I was a dual national looking at scotland and england right now especially as a wing, would be an easy choice.

Problem is, the Englanders here would claim him as English if he stood on Hadrian's wall and looked south, despite parentage and place of birth

I mean he claims himself as English, so...
He's turned down three invitations to Scotland camps so far
I do somewhat feel he would be very differnt to most of the other scotish imports though.

He was born in scotland for a start. Think it is very much a just case of dual nationality, born in scotland, raised in england

I do somewhat feel he would be very differnt to most of the other scotish imports though.

He was born in scotland for a start. Think it is very much a just case of dual nationality, born in scotland, raised in england
it's very dependent on the individual, for me birth place has little to do with it, I was bourne in Swansea lived there for 18 months apart from that always lived In England both parents and 3 siblings all English. I've only ever really considered myself English.

it's very dependent on the individual, for me birth place has little to do with it, I was bourne in Swansea lived there for 18 months apart from that always lived In England both parents and 3 siblings all English. I've only ever really considered myself English.
Yes, I agree, generally speaking self deteremination when talking about people from britain is how I take it.

But in terms of rugby, I think a player born in scotland but raised in england is a far more reasonable switch with justification than importing a capped aussie for examples.

Scotland team is out, no major shocks although Healy and Horne arent on the bench. Don't understand what Toonie is missing here, White was not in great shape against Georgia and Horne was blistering. Price better be back to some sort of form as he has become very sluggish.

Stuart McInally has travelled out to France as injury cover for Ewan Ashman, who is recovering from an injury picked up in training this week which ruled him out of the match against South Africa. McInally has not joined the 33-player squad.

Gregors obsession with ali price is so fascinating. Like why? Horne has been on form for years and continually looked over.

Its like englands obsession with ben young, just so odd.

Gregors obsession with ali price is so fascinating. Like why? Horne has been on form for years and continually looked over.

Its like englands obsession with ben young, just so odd.
I've heard rumours that Horne is sidelined from concussion sustained in training

I've heard rumours that Horne is sidelined from concussion sustained in training
That's a real shame hope he gets a chance to play yet. I have no issue with White he's just been off the pace since his injury in the warmups

Real bummer for Cherry, I like his mobility in the loose. Fine chance for Rambo to get a last hurrah before retirement, been a big asset to the team over the years.

What are we looking for v Tonga then folks? Obviously a win, do we field a top team on the basis that they didn't to really run through the attack much against the Boks? I don't underestimate Tonga at all, Scotland have to put everything out there to win and win as big as we can every match now.

Real bummer for Cherry, I like his mobility in the loose. Fine chance for Rambo to get a last hurrah before retirement, been a big asset to the team over the years.

What are we looking for v Tonga then folks? Obviously a win, do we field a top team on the basis that they didn't to really run through the attack much against the Boks? I don't underestimate Tonga at all, Scotland have to put everything out there to win and win as big as we can every match now.

Has to be full strength v Tonga with the aim of getting a BP win. Rotate & rest v Romania and then full strength v Ireland.

A BP win v Tonga is v likely to be imperative but given SA v Ireland is the day before our game we'll have a clear picture of what is needed from a BP and points difference perspective against Tonga and Romania. Last thing we want is going into the Ireland game needing a BP win and keeping them to 3 tries - that's as good as a dead rubber in my eyes. I guess a non BP Boks win by 8+ points probably suits us best to have any hope going into the last game.

We could be as good as out on Saturday depending on how SA v Ireland goes and we'll have only played one game. Ridiculous seedings compounded by a shocker of a draw. Well done World Rugby. After deciding to have the last RWC during monsoon season in Japan it's clear that they couldn't organise a bevy up in a brewery.

Latest posts