• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Semi Final - Munster v Ospreys

Munster need to be more clinical. They made a chore of what should've been a really easy victory. Cause Ospreys were muck

Tommy needs to get himself out of that loser team.

Right so, a trip to the sticks for the final. Hurmph.

Tommy needs to get himself out of that loser team.

Right so, a trip to the sticks for the final. Hurmph.

He is struggling there (like all their player). He is still threatning with ball in hand but the Ospreys don't use him very well anymore. He was playing well for Ireland in the 6 Nations even though he suffered from injury but the Ospreys and really crippling him. He would be great at Ulster. They need some top class experience in the backs. Ulster play some good attacking rugby and are moving forwards. Plus he loves to come looking for work and Ulster could use him well.

Ah Hairspreys fail once again.

Next season will be interesting and I think the Ospreys will be better for it.

The WRU need to get their act together club wise. Year in year out it's the same. One Welsh team looks like they could be pretty promising and on the rise but they fall short of great and regress.

Well woohoo we in final in Thomond.

Will just say it was a good (not great) performance and well I just worry my nightmare will come through that Leinster will parade a ML and Heineken Cup double around our home in 2 weeks.

Well on game ROG gets these rush of blood to head moments and should've killed the game instead of going for the spectacular kick to finish.
On positive side Barnes had another excellent game, I still believe we have one of the best back 3 in Europe at moment.
ROG made a super try saving tackle on Bowe.
At moment still on a high so will analyze better later when dust settled.

King - You made comment about Murray going to RWC, This won't happen as he wasn't called into the briefing on Monday.
Munster backs called were - Stringer, TOL, ROG, Earls and Felix Jones.

Well woohoo we in final in Thomond.

Will just say it was a good (not great) performance and well I just worry my nightmare will come through that Leinster will parade a ML and Heineken Cup double around our home in 2 weeks.

Well on game ROG gets these rush of blood to head moments and should've killed the game instead of going for the spectacular kick to finish.
On positive side Barnes had another excellent game, I still believe we have one of the best back 3 in Europe at moment.
ROG made a super try saving tackle on Bowe.
At moment still on a high so will analyze better later when dust settled.

King - You made comment about Murray going to RWC, This won't happen as he wasn't called into the briefing on Monday.

Murray is the best Irish scrum half at the mmoment especially for his age. I am a fan of the Leinster pairing of Boss and Reddan and they work really well together but neither of them are complete while Murray seems to be more all round. A quick pass of the base, tackles very well, controls things well, good at kicking and great physicality. I would be quite disgusted if Munsters third choice scrum half (TOL) went ahead of Murray.

UUgggghhhhhh!!! I wish O'Leary would just pack it in!

Murray is the best Irish scrum half at the mmoment especially for his age. I am a fan of the Leinster pairing of Boss and Reddan and they work really well together but neither of them are complete while Murray seems to be more all round. A quick pass of the base, tackles very well, controls things well, good at kicking and great physicality. I would be quite disgusted if Munsters third choice scrum half (TOL) went ahead of Murray.

I agree with you but the Irish extended squad met for briefing and to be fitted for suits etc and Murray wasn't asked. I agree and think if we are picking FORM players for World Cup squad he (like Felix Jones) deserves inclusion.
Maybe the thinking will change and he will get a chance over the AI's but that doesn't seem to be Irish way.

The WRU need to get their act together club wise. Year in year out it's the same. One Welsh team looks like they could be pretty promising and on the rise but they fall short of great and regress.

Nothing the WRU can do. Regions run themselves and not always for the best. Ospreys are their own worst enemy. I could easily go into the details but I think that will be a blog article for me. In short the players, coaching setup and the region itself needs a shake up.

I agree with you but the Irish extended squad met for briefing and to be fitted for suits etc and Murray wasn't asked. I agree and think if we are picking FORM players for World Cup squad he (like Felix Jones) deserves inclusion.
Maybe the thinking will change and he will get a chance over the AI's but that doesn't seem to be Irish way.

Murray really should be given a chance over the summer warm up games. I don't understand Kidneys selection policy. What is TOL better at than Murray?

Murray really should be given a chance over the summer warm up games. I don't understand Kidneys selection policy. What is TOL better at than Murray?

Well let's look at him using Kidney's selection policy;

He's young (-1)
He's from Munster (+1)
He could have a great future (-1)
He's in form (-1)
He isn't past his peak (-1)
He's not Tomas O'Leary (-1)

So, I reckon his chances are -4

There ya go

I'm finding it extremely difficult to feel sorry for the Ospreys at the moment. I didn't really want them to win before-hand, and after 10mins of the game was practically hoping for a heavy defeat so there'd be more chance of a majour shake-up in the backroom staff. I do feel sorry for the players that put their all into every game and deserve better from the players around them and the coaching staff. Players like Shane Williams, Richard Hibbard, Adam Jones, Alun-Wyn (certainly can't fault his effort), Tipuric, Fussell (although was guilty of a big mistake today). Not sure I'd put Tommy Bowe in that list, as his recent performances have been poor, with unforced knock ons a regular occurance, but he's been awesome for the O's, so he certainly deserves much better. Good on Hook, Byrne etc. for abandoning ship and wanting better for themselves, I think it'll really show in a year or so time when they are back playing with a smile on their face for a tight-knit and well managed team.

I would sack the lot behind the scenes (namely Hore, Johnson and Holley), and bring in someone who won't be afraid to shake things up. Someone like Kingsley Jones comes across as a fair, but with a strong character and with decent experience. Seriously, who else would put up with a player like Biggar, a petulant child who offers nothing to the team. Who else would have wasted the talent of Hook in favour of Biggar. There was a time when I rated Biggar highly, but his game has regressed so much from what it was when he was a 17 year old. Although he comes across as a self confident person, I think at the moment it's all show, and he's actually extremely low on confidence.

Dont see the biog thing with Murray. Hes a young lad but lets not get too carried away here.

in fairness murray will probably turn out as irish scrum half at some stage and i hope kidney considers him for WC

Dont see the biog thing with Murray. Hes a young lad but lets not get too carried away here.

All we are saying is that he is Better than TOL and should be ahead of him and should be going to the world cup. We have plenty if experienced scrum halves but this could be a chance to find a scrum half that could click. I am only interested in what a player brings to the team and I believe Murray would add more to any team than O'Leary would.

i think they should try murray out in the warmup matches and try him in the pool matches against Russia and the USA to see if he can do international rugby.

ireland cant go on with o,leary or reddan who have shocking passes so its murray or boss in my opinion

Latest posts