• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ShaheenJ's Kit Mod Thread

Is there an .o file for rugby 08 kits that can be used in editing? I have not recieved my game yet and would like to start making kits straight away.

EA SPORTS Rugby kits can be divided into 2 sections. a *.big file that contains a config file (for the collar geometry) and a kit.fsh file (that contains the image file that makes up the kit font). Then there's another *.fsh file that contains all the kit backs.

Tools required for editing...
FshED to export/import graphics to *.fsh files
BIGUI to extract gob files (containing all the game data), export/import files to/from *.big files
And of course some sort of graphics editing package, Adobe Photoshop, GiMP or Paintshop Pro

Don't worry if it seems all complicated at first, you'll get into it real quick ;)

Unfortunately, you'd need to have the game to have all the big and fsh files though. Unless you use two standard files (one *.big file for the kit front and one *.fsh file for the kit back). And work from there, But again you'd need the game to preview your kits as u make progress. So best bet in my opinion is to get a kit template to see what it looks like etc. and wait until you have the game do start editing in full flow ;).

So its just like FIFA, except with FIFA we had an independent o file that we could use for making kits, does the game have .bh files that need to be rebuilt after each .big file is rewritten.

Nope. It's very very easy. In other EA sports games what you make is exctly how it looks, but with the kits in rugby 08, you have to make the logos and graphics shorter and wider so they appear normal.

I really like the Taranaki kits, as well as the Waikato and Canterbury. Nice work Fa'atau

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ShaheenJ @ Oct 31 2008, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Some more minikits I did this evening...

AUCKLAND
minikitaucklandnr4.png

NORTH HARBOUR
minikitnorthharbouryd9.png

STADE FRANCAIS 3RD KIT
minikitstadefrancais3rdzi2.png
[/b]
Where do I get this new stade francais kit???

Fa'atau says: The link is on page 2, post #36 on MegaUpload. It's not in MUP09, as you can only have 2 kits. I am sorting out a new forum where you can find everything listed, indexed and much more organised so new guys like you will find it without any hassle :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Nov 23 2008, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ShaheenJ @ Oct 31 2008, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some more minikits I did this evening...

AUCKLAND
minikitaucklandnr4.png

NORTH HARBOUR
minikitnorthharbouryd9.png

STADE FRANCAIS 3RD KIT
minikitstadefrancais3rdzi2.png
[/b]
Where do I get this new stade francais kit???

Fa'atau says: The link is on page 2, post #36 on MegaUpload. It's not in MUP09, as you can only have 2 kits. I am sorting out a new forum where you can find everything listed, indexed and much more organised so new guys like you will find it without any hassle :)
[/b][/quote]
Got it! The Kits are great!!!

Hey ShaheenJ

Will it be possible for you to make the new NZ squads kits for the 2009 Super 14 and also the SA and Aus's squad kits if the release new ones?

Would be great!

Cheers
Ross

These are the best pics I could get for the NZ teams kits for 2009

<div align='center'>Blues:</div>
<div align='center'>Home:
2306lrg.jpg
Away:
2316lrg.jpg
</div>

<div align='center'>Chiefs:</div>
2297lrg.jpg
Away:
2314lrg.jpg
</div>

<div align='center'>Crusaders:</div>
2304lrg.jpg
Away:
2313lrg.jpg
</div>

<div align='center'>Highlanders:</div>
2303lrg.jpg
Away:
2312lrg.jpg
</div>

<div align='center'>Hurricanes:</div>
2305lrg.jpg
Away:
2315lrg.jpg
</div>

all of them look good especially the blues except for the crusaders kit. why did they have to put a sword down the middle?!!!
thanks for uploading them anyway, i wanted to see them

note that the Hurricanes, Highlanders and Chiefs jersey have patterns round the stomach/torso region that you cant really see on them pictures (barely)

I assume this is to stop fakes, rather than a fashion thing. The Blues is really nice. The rest look a bit dull. Crusaders is ok, looks a bit odd with the sword.

thanks for the perpignan kit m8
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Nov 19 2008, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
These are mine..

Canterbury
canterburyh09hu4.jpg
[/b]

Is this mose tuilai'i? if so is this a generic face? or is it his custom default face?
thanks and

Is generic. I was gonna use it for the Seilala Mapusua face, but as you can see, there is not hair. I'm not sure if i can take the o. file of that face and replace it over another face that has the matching hair.

well that doesnt really matter now because you made a good mapusua face anyway and well done on that.

+keep up the good kits shaheen

Kits look great dude, strating to get into the modding scene myself, will post anything I manage to do on the forum

Latest posts