• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Should Owen Williams play for Wales this summer?

Lol I assume your welsh! Take of your sheep and be realistic! Garland didn't take any welsh FHs cause none are standout players. They all have good parts to their game but non have really put their hands up above all others.

They all ooze potential though

Farrell didn't even ooze potential pre-Lions tour, lets be honest. More established at what he did and more consistent than Biggar, but a horribly inadequate player. I think we English possibly owe Rob Howley and Jonny Sexton a big vote of thanks...

Farrell didn't even ooze potential pre-Lions tour, lets be honest. More established at what he did and more consistent than Biggar, but a horribly inadequate player. I think we English possibly owe Rob Howley and Jonny Sexton a big vote of thanks...

I agree, I think Farrell was a good steady FH and that's why he was taken along with sexton. It makes sense to have a steady back up.

And I agree that at least other should have gone. We really should have had 3 fly haves!

Yeah, Biggar was in much better form than Farrell before the Lions tour. Farrell's end of season was characterised by failing to show up in big games, not helped by the fact that Sarries pack were made to look fairly average in the knock out stages of the HC and the Premiership play-off. Also, Biggar is a more rounded player IMO.

However, having just watched the Leicester/Clermont game I can't see why Williams wouldn't tour as Wales's second fly-half this summer. He is kicking very well, looks comfortable playing against top level opposition and his game management seems to be improving. He's still rough around the edges but I'd take him over Preistland any day.

What has happened to Rhy Patchell?

What has happened to Rhy Patchell?

Picked up a serious knee injury when playing against Newport over the Christmas period. Unlikely to see him before the season is out, which is shame because he was bubbling away nicely.

Biggar was a better player in better form and yet was ignored. Let's not. It infuriates me that I had to sit through 10 games of supporting Owen Farrell last summer.

Patchell could well be the answer we're looking for. I get the sense Gatland thinks so too and is afraid to throw him in the deep end, rather bring him through slowly. I think this may have something to do with him not picking Williams: He's already got his eye on his next fly-half, and will either stick to what he's got or go for The Patch.

So ignoring the laboured debate about Bigger.....Should Williams tour with Wales? I really dont see why not.

So ignoring the laboured debate about Bigger.....Should Williams tour with Wales? I really dont see why not.
Yes, he should, if only as our third standoff for the match v Kings. It's a two test tour, so we can't afford to play much of that XV in the midweek.

Latest posts