• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

The glory cam mode reminds me a bit of Backbreakers. As an extension of this, I think that all tight five forwards within 5 metres of the try line should get this and have the passing buttons disabled. Pressing the pass button too much in this situation results in a knock on. This should also apply to Matt Banahan anywhere on the field ;)

Is the game going to be available in the U.S.

yes on the 360 so far. they are still looking for a ps3 distributor

http://www.facebook.com/RugbyChallengeGame?sk=info#!/RugbyChallengeGame?sk=wall&filter=2

Rugby Challenge Official Game
Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge will release in the USA on Xbox 360. We are currently at the final stages of negotiations with a US distributor and an announcement will be made soon. At this stage we have not found a suitable distributor for the PS3 version.

Stumbled across this on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

ABs vs wallabies gameplay. Dont know if it has been posted yet.

IF it hasnt, it shows the full haka for those who dont want to see yet then skip ahead to 1:57.

Passing looks a little chaotic, aswell as offloads. The animations are nice but the long winded one on
one tackles while all the other players stand around waiting will be a big problem. Presentation is
slick as anything.

The glory cam mode reminds me a bit of Backbreakers. As an extension of this, I think that all tight five forwards within 5 metres of the try line should get this and have the passing buttons disabled. Pressing the pass button too much in this situation results in a knock on. This should also apply to Matt Banahan anywhere on the field ;)

That made me laugh me than you could know, it's such a good idea. As a 2nd Row myself when playing i never look to pass if i'm 5 metres away, i just don't think i'm capable of doing that!

the video looks ok, some of the animations didnt look right especially on the replays. I am glad he said he was playing on very easy, it looked way to easy to get through all those tackles and make all those off loads.

carter kicking with his right didnt look right either.

still making me want this game sooner rather than later.

They said Carter kicking has been fixed! :)

I think tomorrow I'm gonna place my pre-order, I'm really on fire for this game, and no offence mate, but it's time to stop playing Rugby 2006 edited with your editor!
That's great, I still play it with edited and updated rosters, in all these years it's been like a manna from the Sky, and I really couldn't live without that, but now, hopefully, it's time to move on!!

:D

the video looks ok, some of the animations didnt look right especially on the replays. I am glad he said he was playing on very easy, it looked way to easy to get through all those tackles and make all those off loads.

carter kicking with his right didnt look right either.

still making me want this game sooner rather than later.

when this was posted on the sidhe forums it was found to be a different camera angle from that presentation given in south africa which was done with an old build of the game. things like carters kicking have already been confirmed to be fixed in newer builds.

yeah he said it had been fixed in the game, but doesnt mean it still didnt look wrong :p

@madflyhalf - i dont mind if you stop using my 2006 editor, it wasnt meant to be used 5 years on, same with my 08 editor, which was much better imho. this just means that there is something out there worth playing, and isnt that what we have all been asking for?

i dont think caters kicking that badl. it looked ok to me. if your worried about how it looks you shouldnt get the rwc game then cos that kicking is ... well.... lol

yeah he said it had been fixed in the game, but doesnt mean it still didnt look wrong :p

@madflyhalf - i dont mind if you stop using my 2006 editor, it wasnt meant to be used 5 years on, same with my 08 editor, which was much better imho. this just means that there is something out there worth playing, and isnt that what we have all been asking for?

Sure!
But I never found you before on this forum (because I wasn't writing too often or not in the same thread) and I've never been able to thank you for your incredible work.

That was a funny way to do that! ;)

i dont think caters kicking that badl. it looked ok to me. if your worried about how it looks you shouldnt get the rwc game then cos that kicking is ... well.... lol

Urmmm ... Carter was kicking right footed ... duh.

Probably been asked, Can you only gain players at the end of the season, who presumably are out of contract?

I hear there are no transfers in season

Probably been asked, Can you only gain players at the end of the season, who presumably are out of contract?

I hear there are no transfers in season

There was a thread about it over in the Sifhe forums, nothings been confirmed though. From the speculation there, it sounds like there will kind of be transfers, just not relatively realstic ones (like in RL3). At the end of each season you can bring people in, not sure if that means you'll have a World League type thing where you swap players for whoever, or if only certain one's are available. Also heard spectulation there that your starting line up might be similar to what it was in the World League, where you start off with only a few of your clubs actual players with loads of made up crappy players. I'll be disapointed if this is the case, surely it wouldn't be too hard to use the franchise system in Rugby League 3, which imo, worked really well!
Anyway, all speculation, haven't seen any of this confirmed by Mario or Milla, probably won't see anything confirmed for a while yet.

- Is it known what are players attributes available in the game and the game editor?

(joking: If I have to create my own team, due to a couple of mates, I'd like to know if there are attributes like "Stupidity" and "Madness" between those :D)

- If you can't already tell us the release date, can you at least tell us when you will announce release date? :D

- Is it known what are players attributes available in the game and the game editor?

(joking: If I have to create my own team, due to a couple of mates, I'd like to know if there are attributes like "Stupidity" and "Madness" between those :D)

- If you can't already tell us the release date, can you at least tell us when you will announce release date? :D

We all wish we could get that nugget of information!

Mario i was just wondering... are you able to simulate a match ? Like watch the Computer play itself as two teams.
(Sounds kinda stupid when i think about it)