• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sights from history

Yeah!!!! The Big Bang story

God! We will destroy each other once and at all

But when it starts I dont know but :blink: :cheers: :cheers:

BUt I am sure humans will cross each other

300px-Mushcloud.jpg

Every game that england has being knocked out of the football world cup especially the ones that they lost on penalties might not of changed history (England actually winning the world cup would be history not losing at one) but it would be good for a laugh :lol:
Every match that the AB's got knocked out of the RWC see above sans the penalty comment.

In all seriousness........

Russian Revolution
The day that Australia became federated and a nation in 1901
The soviet union marching onto berlin and driving out the nazi scum in WWII

OK I am going to Switzerland :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Russian revolution was really bloody one as the whole USSR story is RED, reddened by the blood of people whose guilt is not yet discovered, and there will be not.

Also the day OIL was uncovered as an universal fuel, have you seen the movie "there will be blood", brilliant work, outstanding solving way to the insight to modern war campaigns

Also the days USSR entered Prague, Budapest, Baku, Tbilisi and other cities who tried to get rid off USSR bulsh*****tin'.

290px-Hungarians_inspecting_a_tank.jpg

img0050.jpg

Sorry for the pics, they are though.

I don't want to see all the serious things, since there's a pretty huge chance I'd get killed/noticed a bit too much (women were not a part of most things mentioned, well, at least not most wars)

The things I would really like to experience are (though they might sound less serious) things that intrigue me or that I just wonder about:

Did Benjamin Franklin act like a little child when he went out in the storm with his kite, or was he aware of the importance of his experiment? I never saw a grown up not acting like a little kid when flying a kite.

How bored must Newton have been to start wondering about why the apple falls down? Was he just sitting underneat the tree, thinking of excuses not to get up because he felt lazy? Same with the guy who discovered graphs by watching a fly walk on the ceiling above his bed, how very bored must you be to ask yourself 'how would I tell a friend about the route this fly has taken, as soon as the fly is gone?'

For that matter, how many bright ideas have sprouted up in someone's head just because said head was actually quite vacant at that time?

Too many ideas lost in the history

But there was a man who did really work hard to give way to his thousands of ideas, so I recommend you to come across the life of this person and be more detailed with him.

This is Thomas Edison.

11edison.1.600.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Sep 16 2008, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
* Just a note to all posters... The phrase "would of" does not exist! Please. I cant take it anymore! It's would HAVE! Example:

WRONG - I would of wanted to.

RIGHT - I would have wanted to.

Whew, anyway, i would OF also liked to be there the day the first toilet roll was invented.[/b]
Fixed.

Jerusalem - on the day Pilate washed his hands, at the hour Peter uttered his denial while the cock crowed, and in the moment the stone was rolled back from the tomb. No, scratch that - imagine being there when Jesus took his last breath on the cross! The greatest drama of all. Every day people go through this kind of sadness, and they still have hope.

War is a means of redistributing wealth for a short period. The great battles don't compare to our personal struggles.

Agree Shtove personal suffers are very troublesome in the whole world

But war brings much more pain to the simple people

People who must be main in this F***in world

img.289841_t.jpg

I dont think mankind has something to be proud with... wars, tortued people, murdered and raped children, thats all we got from history.

Yes there were days humans behaved like HUMANS but believe me if one person among 100 experiences pain, we still are defeated.

russian-occupation311.jpg

russian-occupation34.jpg

I would chose to older moments in history:

1) I would have seen the moment on whick alexander the Great was sitting on his horse ( Bucephalos) and crying cause there was nothing else to conquer.
why? cause my history teacher in 2nd year of High School told me about him and I still know the name of his horse :D
Alexander%20the%20Great.jpg

2) The trip of Hannibal thru the Alps with his elephants, must have been something special, for some people the first time they saw these animals.

hannibal3.jpg

Great amoboko..

Alexander the great was amazing, among more than 50 battles he had almost no lost

empire-of-alexander-the-great-map.jpg

And what if See the Troy Horse?

troy_horse_1.jpg

And what about watching how Achilles kills Hector with popcorn in hand and armchair?

troy_425.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Sep 17 2008, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Great amoboko..

Alexander the great was amazing, among more than 50 battles he had almost no lost

empire-of-alexander-the-great-map.jpg

And what if See the Troy Horse?

troy_horse_1.jpg

And what about watching how Achilles kills Hector with popcorn in hand and armchair?

troy_425.jpg
[/b]

Cheers Lekso,

Did I told you already I have a mate living in Georgia ( Dato) superb guy.
Concerning Greek tragedies and Roman Mythes, I have a kingsize book at home, still need to finish it, reading it once a while.

Talking about history in General, it are mostly wars that pop up in the history books ( like mentioned before)

To go old skool again:

I wouldn't mind travel back in time, witnessing how the Maya/ Inca's Aztecs/etc... build their piramides in the jungle and maybe study their culture.
See how those Egyptians build their piramides, the Romans build their aquaducts, the Greek built their temples
The Chinese built their great wall.

Going to the ancient Japan and witness the way of live of the samourai.
Asking Graham bell who he called when he invented the phone :D

And actually witness all great moments in art ( per culture/ per country that I'm interessed in)

Sure brother Art is what colors our hazy life (for me it is so)

And what about Dato? Georgians are numerous in Europe

Is he good Georgian? :D :D :D

Any great moment in a history of mankind is worthy of attending!

Da%20Vinci%205%20Grotesque%20Heads.jpg

Cheers friend

Latest posts