• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Simple Question: Who Will Win The World Cup?

I fear Ireland under-performing, I really do. I know the last 2 games were just warm ups but they did not inspire confidence at all, quite the opposite in fact. Not what youd expect to see from "no 2 in world rankings". I think if we dont make it to the semis then all this hype about an up and coming Ireland will be just tripe. Ireland need to make it past the quarters or else were just going to go back to the same ol "good team but ****e when it actually matters", forever below a step of the true masters of rugby.

My biggest concern is the France game, not really scared of Argentina (though I reckon it wont be the easiest match if it comes to be) - just so paranoid that France will absolutely turn on and come out in full force (as theyve always tended to do against Ireland, barring this years 6N) and Ireland will succumb to pressure as theyve been so prone to doing in the past. Ireland not winning any matches where we werent in the lead after 50 mins (against Wales England and Australia in no particular order) is a bad sign indeed.

Hate to be the pessimist, Im just so nervous! Doesnt help Ill be watching the France match... in France :(

Anyone care to reassure me? :p

It's not just this years 6N they 'haven't turned up' we're unbeaten against them since PSA took over.

I fear Ireland under-performing, I really do. I know the last 2 games were just warm ups but they did not inspire confidence at all, quite the opposite in fact. Not what youd expect to see from "no 2 in world rankings". I think if we dont make it to the semis then all this hype about an up and coming Ireland will be just tripe. Ireland need to make it past the quarters or else were just going to go back to the same ol "good team but ****e when it actually matters", forever below a step of the true masters of rugby.

My biggest concern is the France game, not really scared of Argentina (though I reckon it wont be the easiest match if it comes to be) - just so paranoid that France will absolutely turn on and come out in full force (as theyve always tended to do against Ireland, barring this years 6N) and Ireland will succumb to pressure as theyve been so prone to doing in the past. Ireland not winning any matches where we werent in the lead after 50 mins (against Wales England and Australia in no particular order) is a bad sign indeed.

Hate to be the pessimist, Im just so nervous! Doesnt help Ill be watching the France match... in France :(

Anyone care to reassure me? :p

you get a practice game against FRANCE the week before the quarterfinal. It will be huge. Either you'll win and then face Argentina and beat them the following week, or you'll lose and retalliate against an incredibly underprepared All Blacks team.

sound good?

Latest posts