• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Simulations, Acting, Professionalism .........

S

shazbooger

Anyone else notice the increased instances of "Simulation" during the world cup?

Pez v's Scotland

Chabal v's Namibia

Michalak v's Ireland

Just three instances of players trying to make their injuries appear more serious then they are, in what seems to be an attempt to get the referee to take more serious action.

Just wondering if anyone else is concerned about this? Personally its something that I believe needs to be stamped out yesterday. Christ, Imagine rugby going down the route of poofball.

Absolutely 100% in agreement with you on this one. By Jove, we`ve seen some brilliant <strike>football dives</strike> Oscar-winning performances during this RWC. The most cynical I think having been Chabal, getting knocked out stone cold and concussed in true Hollywood fashion. Only to get up and play a further 50 minutes, scoring a couple of tries in the process.

The citing commissioners have been pretty quick to pick up on any semblance of dirty play. No problem with that, it`s something that should be stamped out once and for all. But this simulation thingey is going way too far. Unfortunately, the football authorities are one up over us rugger buggers here, being pretty quick to dish out yellow cards for that kind of shite. Rugby`ll better get with the programme and do something similar pretty quickly, before it`s too late!

I have honestly never even seen diving in a rugby game up untill this world cup, I dunno if I missed too many games in my life or what but this is something new to me in Rugby.

And it really needs to stop, I agree that none of us want it to turn into poofball, but honestly I watch things like the premier leage and they -don't- penalise people for diving, they really don't. They allways get away with it in broad daylight.

It's one of the reasons why Football just isn't as good as Rugby, because the sportsmanship has completely gone ballsup.

Puufball used to be clean too. But now just last night we had a classic example of what to expect on a Rugby pitch,. if this is not dealt with NOW.

http://www.theoffside.com/europe/champions...eeper-dida.html

For those of you that havent seen this. Celtic just scored to go 2-1 up against the defensing European Champions. Some gobshite runs out onto the pitch and kinda rubs their goalie.

The goalie first goes to chase the kid, the remembers its football and collapses with a sudden head injury. He ends up being stretchered off, holding an ice pack to his head. And in the end, left the stadium in a neck brace.

f***ing disgraceful, but the real funny thing is, no one will do anything about it. They will all say its okay.

Puufball used to be clean too. But now just last night we had a classic example of what to expect on a Rugby pitch,. if this is not dealt with NOW.

http://www.theoffside.com/europe/champions...eeper-dida.html

For those of you that havent seen this. Celtic just scored to go 2-1 up against the defensing European Champions. Some gobshite runs out onto the pitch and kinda rubs their goalie.

The goalie first goes to chase the kid, the remembers its football and collapses with a sudden head injury. He ends up being stretchered off, holding an ice pack to his head. And in the end, left the stadium in a neck brace.

f***ing disgraceful, but the real funny thing is, no one will do anything about it. They will all say its okay.
[/b]

Amazing :| football got to be really boring with all these simulation... And I agree with the fact that chabal vs namibia done it so well... rugby doesn't have to be like football, and I hope it won't ...

Latest posts