• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sione Lauaki

Yep Tana's Samoan and was born here in New Zealand but like i said before it's getting hard for some people to distinguish between alot of the Islanders and Maori these days. Especially when you've got some players like Ross Filipo who's half Samoan and Maori.

Anyhow I think Sione Lauaki shouldn't be going over for the tour in November not on current form anyway we've got heaps of good players that could easily take his place. I'd rather have Mose Tuiali'i or even Thomas Waldrom he's been playing like a riot or maybe even chuck Victor Vito even thou he hasn't had any Super14 experience yet.

Ahh Waldrom and Vito, couple of Wellingtonians ay lol nah yeah they've been playing very good aye. I think Tuiali'i is going off shore so i think he might not be considered. Kieren Read should be in there imo

I agree Tana is all New Zealand guy

I like him I adore him

No matter whether he is Maori, Fiji, Samoa or Alaskan descent

He is great rugby player and builds up career as coach

Main for me and for any rugby lover is that he has played amazing career and brought us great delight with his amazing play in this amazing sports species called Rugby

And he Gently gestures and says: Thanks guys and especially you Lekso!!!!!!!!

r141781_489836.jpg

Lauaki is an ok player but I think he is on the All Blacks bench for a reason. Victor Vito is one to watch, true he need S14 experience but watching him in the NPC playing No 8 for Wellington shows that he is the next No 8 for the All Blacks.

It's true he's on the bench for a reason but you do have better n°8's then Lauaki, still he's an awesome player :D

Lauaki scored a good try in tonights game against Taranaki but went and got sinbinned 5 mins later and almost lost Waikato the game. I guess that sort of summarises what he's like as a player. It was a brilliant game to watch though. Game of the year in the Air New Zealand cup so far I think. 45-41 to Waikato.

I actually despise the guy. He's trouble off and on the field. Unlike Ma'a Nonu it doesn't seem like being dropped a few times has helped him improve as a player or a person.

His handling is poor, and he constantly goes into the tackle too high, which means he turns the ball over nine times out of ten. To put it bluntly, he turns the ball over more than anything else. When he's good, he's good, but he's far too inconsistent.

He's a completely self-centred player, which means if he has an off day the whole team suffers because he doesn't pass the ball. Again, Nonu has learnt from his mistakes, Lauaki hasn't.

If anyone saw the Taranaki-Waikato match tonight, you probably would have seen him come in with a late shoulder charge on Jayden Hayward which left Hayward on the ground convulsing and coughing up blood. I hope he gets banned for this (along with his yellow card) so we are saved the hassle of having him pulling on the black jersey again.

After the first match against Aus this year Lauaki put in a performance that should never see him pull on an All Black jersey ever again. Not even Rodney So'oialo's game against the Springboks in 2006 was that bad.

He's also a brute off the pitch. I think he's had two assault charges pressed against him?

In short, I don't like him as a player or a person. I don't think I've ever disliked an All Black player so much.

Yeah i think leave lauaki out, so he doesn't think he is a shoe in for the AB's. Give Thomas Waldrom a crack at 8!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Oct 2 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah i think leave lauaki out, so he doesn't think he is a shoe in for the AB's. Give Thomas Waldrom a crack at 8!![/b]

I agree, Thomas Waldrom is an excellent impact player. :bravo:

Wow :eek: ,
I didn't see the game and I agree that during the TNC he was awefull and that he isn't consistent.
But when he has his move on, he is worth a lot for the team.

The few games I saw in 2007 as a spectator he was on a rol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Oct 2 2008, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I didn't see the game and I agree that during the TNC he was awefull and that he isn't consistent.

The few games I saw in 2007 as a spectator he was on a rol.[/b]

I agree that when he's on a roll, he's worth a lot to the team, but I think the All Blacks selectors would prefer a player that consistently does his job well, ala Rodney So'oialo.

He is lazy, his work-rate is very poor. Has one good game a year and then Graham Henry brings him back into the All Blacks side.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Oct 3 2008, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Oct 2 2008, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The few games I saw in 2007 as a spectator he was on a rol.[/b]

I agree that when he's on a roll, he's worth a lot to the team, but I think the All Blacks selectors would prefer a player that consistently does his job well, ala Rodney So'oialo.
[/b][/quote]

Well you're right, maybe I'm just lucky when I pick out the games I see him play :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Oct 5 2008, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well you're right, maybe I'm just lucky when I pick out the games I see him play :D[/b]

Haha, well to each their own. People see what they want to see with their favourites and their least favourite, so I've got nothing against you for liking the guy.

I admit his fend on McCaw last year was superb.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Oct 6 2008, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Oct 5 2008, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well you're right, maybe I'm just lucky when I pick out the games I see him play :D[/b]

Haha, well to each their own. People see what they want to see with their favourites and their least favourite, so I've got nothing against you for liking the guy.

I admit his fend on McCaw last year was superb.
[/b][/quote]

that's true, but I just wanted to say ( altho I dare to be cricital towards him) the few games I saw him play live he didn't make a mess of it, he even scored a try, did had too many handling errors and his passing was good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Oct 6 2008, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
that's true, but I just wanted to say ( altho I dare to be cricital towards him) the few games I saw him play live he didn't make a mess of it, he even scored a try, did had too many handling errors and his passing was good.[/b]

He is a very good player on his day. Hopefully he can get some consistency into his game like Nonu has and I will be able to overlook my dislike of him. :D

Posted on another thread:

Lauaki is a bit overwieght at the moment and it shows in his fitness. He has lost that sharp dynamism he used to have a few years back. He used to be very quick but now he is sluggish and is no match for Kankowski (who is now what Lauaki used to be). Lauaki continues trying to carry the ball in one hand like he is the athlete of a few years back...but he isn't....so he knocks it on a lot and loses it in the tackle and all sorts.

Lauaki also has defensive problems and is known to miss some very easy tackles as he won't commit fully to chasing down a guy and diving at him. He has been stepped quite a few times and made to look ordinary.

He has major issues at the moment trying to get to a ruck quickly and is often one step behind the play.

There are many times when Lauaki takes the wrong option and will not pass.....this is because he still thinks he is the athlete he was 2 years ago when he could score tries by himself.

it's always a pity if you see one of your so called sportheroes reach his climax and than seeing him losing his touch.

He played like crappers against Hawkes Bay but like everyone says he has his moments. Lauaki is a big fulla but he needs to be more agile and athletic in todays game rather than just being big and strong. He is still a good player just maybe not as good as he use to be and he always shows his skills in Air New Zealand Cup level and Super14 but can't quite do it at international level.

Latest posts