• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Smoke?.....

Being a foreigner here, what's a collinder?

Other than that, there isn't really a smoking ban in pubs here, though there is one in restaurants and if a pub gets x% of their income from serving food than it's not allowed to smoke in their either (we call it 'the Belgian way', also known as 'making things complicated when there's no need for them to be'.) Haven't heard any complaints so far and I agree on coming home without smelling like I spent an evening refereeing the 'who can smoke the most cigarettes in one go' competition.
I'm with the freedom of choice people here, they haven't banned smoking, just limited the places to do it in. There were talks of a smoke ban in cars, if your passengers wereyounger than (I don't know, twelve? Sixteen?) Not sure what happened to that idea.

I feel sorry for the nicotine addicted people who stand outside in wind and rain, smoking their cigarette, but they cost a company a lot more money than a non smoker (on average) because of the numerous breaks they need to go outside.

I also feel sorry for them. I have had friends who died, because after a long party, ****** out of their brackets, they run out of smokes. Then, they risked there lives driving to the stupid store in the middle of the night to buy cigarettes, and died in a car accident. Cigarettes make all the decisions. Smokers don't give a crap about anyone or anything, as long as they can light it up.

I would plan a great meal out with my Fiance, then as soon as we get there, the smoking section is full. I'm immediately ****** off, and we end up in some other crap restaurant simply because i need my nicotine monster fed. The cigarette made those decisions for me...

Nothing a smoker can ever say can justify that smoking is great.

- Makes you stink
- Makes your breathe stink even worse
- It rears it's ugly head at inconvenient times
- It wastes money like hell
- Decreases productivity in business
- KILLS KILLS KILLS you

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (getofmeland @ Apr 16 2009, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't smoke, well only the odd funny one....[/b]

Is that what I think it is? :p

I don't smoke because of my sports commitments, but I do have the odd one when I have had a big night on the grog after a game.

I smoke the odd full sized Cigar after a big rugby win, but I don't smoke anything else simply because my lighters are out of gas 24/7 from my OCD of flicking them on and off.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Apr 16 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 16 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about a non-smoker's right not to have their breathing air filled with that ****?[/b]

Don't stand near a smoker then. Simple.

Don't want to breathe in smoke in a pub while working there? Work somwhere else.

Dont want to fall off a mountain? Don't climb it.

Hardly rocket science.
[/b][/quote]

no-smoking1.jpg

Smoking is a personal choice. It does not cause cancer, cancer causes cancer, but smoking or inhaling any toxin of any kind will increase the chance of developing cancer in the average person. Smoking is not the problem, the cigarette is the problem. It's full of nasty **** that really you don't want in your body at any other time. I understand why people smoke, it is more of the habit than enjoyment.. and the habit is what is hardest to get rid off, because it becomes part of your life, and routine.

There are other things you can do for enjoyment that are much more enjoyable and healthier all round for you that cost you less and won't make your health worse.

Cigarette smoking is hazardous to health to the smoker and also anyone around that area who also has to breathe in those fumes. Rather like you have health and safety for other fumes in the workplace, smoking should be listed as the same. What needs to be done is replace the cigarette with something much healthier.. something that makes you feel good naturally that actually comes from nature.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Apr 16 2009, 05:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My real name is Alan Carr.

I was a smoker. I made a fortune from bullshit. Now I am dead, either by god's will or because I didn't eat enough veg. Spooky, eh?

Lekso is lucky to live in a country where people still have the freedom to smoke and have a drink at the same time in a place people used to call "The Pub". Looks like the grub is good as well.

Freedom Square, Kiev:

k0187745.jpg

FREEEEEEEEEDOM!

Mel-Gibson---Braveheart--C10101922.jpeg

A bit smelly, but **** it![/b]

Aaaaaaah Shtove is right Tbilisi PUBs are free of charge when you smoke

But Today I have watched advertisement where I learned in most parts of crowding in Tbilisi smoking becomes forbidden

Dale Hi I want to answer you: the main bulk of doctors I know are smokers and everything this is really based on the stress we encounter in our job

but anyway I am new in smoking and actually am not going to quit for a while :lol: :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 17 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Tobacco does come from nature. Everything that exists comes from nature...[/b]

THERE IS NO DOUBT TOBACCO SMOKE IS TRIGGER, INITIATING FACTOR, CAUSE AND ENHANCER OF LUNG CANCER DEVELOPMENT

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Apr 17 2009, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 17 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

THERE IS NO DOUBT TOBACCO SMOKE IS TRIGGER, INITIATING FACTOR, CAUSE AND ENHANCER OF LUNG CANCER DEVELOPMENT
[/b][/quote]

That is exactly what I've been saying.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 18 2009, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Apr 17 2009, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

You are right Hall

God damn it medicine is what I am doing 24 hours a day and I know what a hell the cigarette smoking is but anyway......

smoke.jpg

smokerslung_Full.jpg

P.S Sorry for Horror Pictures

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 18 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Apr 17 2009, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
No it's not.

Lekso's statement is obvious, nobody will disagree with it. But there's a lot more crap that contributes just as much - processed food.

The people who know best what damage smoking does are smokers.

Your greatest doctor is your own body. Know your limits, and the body looks after itself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Apr 18 2009, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 18 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
No it's not.
[/b][/quote]

What have I been saying then? Because as far as I'm aware I have said that carcinogens in cigarette smoke contribute to cancer directly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Lekso's statement is obvious, nobody will disagree with it. But there's a lot more crap that contributes just as much - processed food.[/b]

Guess what I don't eat...

Of course loads of stuff contributes to it, there are so many cytological processes going on in cell division that there will always be mistakes. Fortunately for us, our body can usually rectify it. Unfortunately for us, shite like the chemicals found in cigarette smoke (and, like you rightly say, processed food) disrupt the systems our body uses. Once disrupted, the errors are compounded and amplified then voila! You have cancer.
I think people should be a bit more sensible when it comes to what they eat. Eating isn't the same as smoking though, someone eating a hot dog near me isn't quite the same as someone lighting up near me, is it now?

The people who know best what damage smoking does are smokers.[/b]

I volunteer in a hospice. I know what it does. I see people every week who can no longer speak because of throat cancer caused by smoking. I lost my grandmother to lung cancer, she was a smoker. It doesn't just affect the smoker.

Your greatest doctor is your own body. Know your limits, and the body looks after itself.[/b]

Yeah, its very good at it... providing you don't fill it with shite it can't deal with.

If it's only chemicals in cigarettes and processed food that cause cancer, explain Lance Armstrong?

Nobody is saying its only those things. I don't know why you're trying to suggest I am.

What I am saying is that the chemicals found in those things stop the body from correcting mistakes in DNA replication. Of course there are other things that can do it.

You're arguing against a point I haven't even made.

I think the horror picture is one lung of a non-smoker on the left, and one of a smoker on the right.

Still, what is a collinder? The only thing I can find is something in Swedish on Astronomy.

Latest posts