• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Smoke?.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Apr 18 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Still, what is a collinder? The only thing I can find is something in Swedish on Astronomy.[/b]

img_collinder.gif

Feeling quite stupid now, I didn't get it because of the typo, should have known what it was.

Thanks for the image :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Apr 18 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lekso what the hell is that last picture?!![/b]

First grandpa is Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease patient due to smoking

And the Second Picture (the real horror) are Lungs with normal and smokers' ones (darker)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Apr 18 2009, 05:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 18 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Apr 17 2009, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 17 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tobacco does come from nature. Everything that exists comes from nature...[/b]

THERE IS NO DOUBT TOBACCO SMOKE IS TRIGGER, INITIATING FACTOR, CAUSE AND ENHANCER OF LUNG CANCER DEVELOPMENT
[/b][/quote]

That is exactly what I've been saying.
[/b][/quote]
No it's not.

Lekso's statement is obvious, nobody will disagree with it. But there's a lot more crap that contributes just as much - processed food.

The people who know best what damage smoking does are smokers.

Your greatest doctor is your own body. Know your limits, and the body looks after itself.
[/b][/quote]

Ooooo I agree Shtove people who know deep inside of tobacco's effects on a human physiology are mostly smokers

I've only started smoking regularly since coming to the UK, the reason for starting was to basically have an excuse to get fresh air outside of the pub. Wierd that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 18 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I volunteer in a hospice. I know what it does. I see people every week who can no longer speak because of throat cancer caused by smoking. I lost my grandmother to lung cancer, she was a smoker. It doesn't just affect the smoker.[/b]

Fair dues. I used to do something like that, looking after geriatrics as a student - drowning in your lungs is a horrible end, or turning yellowy-green from cirrhosis.

The last bit is a different point from before - I think we were talking about the affect on other people in terms of stink and freedom of choice. I haven't had to think of the personal family affect of illness.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 18 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Your greatest doctor is your own body. Know your limits, and the body looks after itself.[/b]

Yeah, its very good at it... providing you don't fill it with shite it can't deal with.
[/b][/quote]
Almost agree. The body can take a lot of shite, so it's a question of degree. You need to give it regular breaks and clean out the stables. I include pharmaceuticals in the shite, and that's what MDs are inclined to pump in to the system.

Pharmaceuticals are somewhat more necessary than cigarettes though.

I have absolutely no problem with smokers when they smoke in private or out in the open away from other people.

If someone lights up at a bus-stop, I'll take issue with it. I'm glad people can no longer smoke in places of work though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 20 2009, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Pharmaceuticals are somewhat more necessary than cigarettes though.[/b]
Really? Even when the doctor writes the prescription with a promotional pen bearing the logo of the company that produces the pharmaceutical? The last time I got a prescription that's what I saw - haven't bothered with the scam since then. Amazingly, I'm still alive.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 20 2009, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If someone lights up at a bus-stop, I'll take issue with it.[/b]
You're safe - I don't travel by bus :p

I agree with you Shtove, Medicine is WAY over prescribed these days. The pharmaceutical companies (who only spend a fraction of their marketing and advertising budget on researching and testing the products) are mostly to blame, but also people who go to the doctors and expect a prescription no matter how sick they are, and put pressure on the docs to give them one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Apr 19 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 20 2009, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really? Even when the doctor writes the prescription with a promotional pen bearing the logo of the company that produces the pharmaceutical? The last time I got a prescription that's what I saw - haven't bothered with the scam since then. Amazingly, I'm still alive.
[/b][/quote]

Oh so it's always like that because of one experience you had?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 20 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Apr 19 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 20 2009, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

Oh so it's always like that because of one experience you had?
[/b][/quote]
Well of course not. But it's a market, and every market has its peddlers and suckers ...

rmcn35l.jpg

Last time I got prescribed drugs other than painkillers after an operation I had I kind of needed them to recover from pneumonia.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 20 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Last time I got prescribed drugs other than painkillers after an operation I had I kind of needed them to recover from pneumonia.[/b]
You should definitely stay off the smokes.

One thing that I can definitely say in a blanket statement about 99.9% of all smokers who defend their habit to the death in every discussion, is that they uniformly change into the worlds biggest group of sorry hypocrites when they get a major smoking-related illness.

Those who know it's bad and keep trying to give up, deserve sympathy and support. As for the dedicated smoker who keeps arguing smugly, well they keep their heads in the sand until the last minute and there's no combination of words or phrases that will change their mind. You have to remember how stupid, gullible, peer-influenced they were to start. That kind of pig-headedness cannot be debated away.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SmokeyMonkey @ Apr 20 2009, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, for the record.[/b]

Funny :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts