• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Smoking

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 15 2008, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Nov 15 2008, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If condoms are still considered an non-essential item by the majority, then I don't want to know how much money goes into treating STDs each year.[/b]

I'm sure the Catholics would have an argument for that.
[/b][/quote]
I decided to ignore the Catholics when it comes to sex related topics, just like I'm not going to take driving lessons from someone without a license. There's something terribly wrong in dishing out rules about sex if you have been celibate all your life.

My father smoked almost 15 years, he quit when he was about 24 (you can calculate at what age he started), and he's repeatedly said he wouldn't start again. He always motivated us to say no whenever we were offered a cigarette.

I'm Catholic, and I ignore my own church when it comes to articificial contraception.

2665286241a4361417338b536565257l.jpg

"ye wouldn't be suggesting I practice the use of articificial contraception, would ye now father?"

I

I used

I used to

I used to have

I used to have a

I

I personally

I personally find

i smoke weed errrrday!!!!!!!!!!! ill quit one day.....

but until then...high till i die

i dont know why they have to make it illegal...god made it...

so at the moment im saving up for a trip to amsterdam..

the funny thing is...i smoke weed...but i have never smoked tobacco.....smoking tobacco looks dirty..jus never liked it.

"Excuse me while I light my spliff..Good God, I gotta take a lift...From reality I just can't drift...That's why I am staying with this riff." - bob marley

THASS HOW WE DO PLAAAAYA!!!

I smoke, have for about 3 years now... not planning on quitting any time soon either. It may be a vile, disgusting (blah, blah blah) habit, but its MY habit leave me to it. I have to go smoke outside so people dont have to breathe in my second hand smoke, what else am i supposed to do?
Also it only affects your fitness if you let it, i play sport regularly and i have friends in the army/marines who smoke 40 a day and are fitter that pretty much everyone on here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Nov 17 2008, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

the funny thing is...i smoke weed...but i have never smoked tobacco.....smoking tobacco looks dirty..jus never liked it.

"Excuse me while I light my spliff..Good God, I gotta take a lift...From reality I just can't drift...That's why I am staying with this riff." - bob marley

THASS HOW WE DO PLAAAAYA!!![/b]

There were talks about closing all the coffee shops (where you can legally buy and consume weed). Not sure if this was only near the Belgian border, there have been some complaints from this side, or for the entire Netherlands.
You might want to look into that before buying your ticket XD

Never smoked a single sigaret. My grand father died when I was a young due to long cancer and smoking.
When the hype normally starts ( 13-14) I was ran over by a car and it took me 2 years to learn how to walk again and have all the operations so I didn't have any time to smoke now I'm to old :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gulli @ Nov 17 2008, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have to go smoke outside so people dont have to breathe in my second hand smoke, what else am i supposed to do?[/b]

Hold it in. Technically blowing out is wasting

Passive smoking is not a lie. You smell bad. It's bad for your health. Blah blah blah but I like it, especially if I'm waiting for a train because it gives me something to do. Also, I don't care if this sounds pathetic, but smoking is great for getting girls. I use it as a method to peel them away from a group (you coming for a fag?) or even to talk straight up. With the smoking ban, which in a way I quite like, we smokers go outside of the noisy pub to fresh air where we can hear each other and actually have a conversation that doesn't involve shouting, repeating and hand gestures. Plus, when I was working as a waiter, the only people who got breaks were the smokers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 19 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
 it gives me something to do.[/b]
I thought that is why they invented text messaging?

I don't mind kissing a smoker....they have a taste which makes it a bit more interesting.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Nov 17 2008, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

THASS HOW WE DO PLAAAAYA!!![/b]

do you not bill your zoot with tobacco?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 19 2008, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 19 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't mind kissing a smoker....they have a taste which makes it a bit more interesting.
[/b][/quote]

The same can be said for kissing someone who just threw up, although the barfing sounds less tasty then tobacco.
The only good smell coming from tobacco in my point of view is someone smoking a cigar. As soon as there's a cloud of smoke you could cut with a knife, even cigars lose their charm.

Never really needed an excuse to step outside and take in some fresh air.

Smoking related:
One of the leading Dutch dictionaries is currently having an online contest for 'word of the year'. One of the words you can vote for is 'smirting', which means 'flirting while smoking outside of a building that has banned smoking'
(I'm guessing 'wii'ing' will win though)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Nov 19 2008, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 19 2008, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 19 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

The same can be said for kissing someone who just threw up, although the barfing sounds less tasty then tobacco.
The only good smell coming from tobacco in my point of view is someone smoking a cigar. As soon as there's a cloud of smoke you could cut with a knife, even cigars lose their charm.

Never really needed an excuse to step outside and take in some fresh air.

Smoking related:
One of the leading Dutch dictionaries is currently having an online contest for 'word of the year'. One of the words you can vote for is 'smirting', which means 'flirting while smoking outside of a building that has banned smoking'
(I'm guessing 'wii'ing' will win though)
[/b][/quote]

Yes exactly. Smirting is most definitely good fun.

Also, if you smoke yourself you can't really taste it on a fellow smoker when you kiss them. Kissing someone who's thrown up is worse than throwing up yourself. It is a heinous crime worthy of social exclusion and teasing by your mates for eternity.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 19 2008, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yes exactly. Smirting is most definitely good fun.

Also, if you smoke yourself you can't really taste it on a fellow smoker when you kiss them. Kissing someone who's thrown up is worse than throwing up yourself. It is a heinous crime worthy of social exclusion and teasing by your mates for eternity.[/b]

Which is why I only started smoking when I was dating a smoker :p
If you have a foul smelling mouth yourself, the other person's won't bother you, since you won't bother.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 19 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Plus, when I was working as a waiter, the only people who got breaks were the smokers.[/b]

:%#%#:

im a manager at a bar and restaurant. and it annoys all non-smoking staff with the continual, "going to the back office to do some paper work" especially if they then want to go out in the staff room and have a txt break. you are getting paid to work, not smoke.

my first job actually didnt let smokers go out every 5 min. actually i think they said, "have your smoking breaks or your dinner break" either way, there getting their half hour break, just in smaller more often sections. but dont quote me on that one, but i know they had to stop smoking at work, not the rest of it, legality pending....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Nov 20 2008, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Ok well...ewwww....lol!
I dunno...a smoker tastes like something burnt...almost bbq like.  I kind of prefer that than the usual dried up saliva smell.  I must be weird I think.  Perhaps it is my almost non existent sense of smell and taste that makes me kind of thrilled to actually sense something....even if it is nicotine lol!

It was LUCK that stopped me from embarking on the smoking habit as a teenager.  I don't want to think about the type of person I'd be if I had started smoking....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 20 2008, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Nov 20 2008, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Ok well...ewwww....lol!
I dunno...a smoker tastes like something burnt...almost bbq like.  I kind of prefer that than the usual dried up saliva smell.  I must be weird I think.  Perhaps it is my almost non existent sense of smell and taste that makes me kind of thrilled to actually sense something....even if it is nicotine lol!

It was LUCK that stopped me from embarking on the smoking habit as a teenager.  I don't want to think about the type of person I'd be if I had started smoking....
[/b][/quote]

On that note, and a little off topic, does anyone else actually like kissing someone? It's all sloppy and you get spit all round your mouth; your lips get stretched and bitten and start to hurt. And the girl may have bad breath... I can think of far more pleasurable ways of getting intimate....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sambãd5 @ Nov 19 2008, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Plus, when I was working as a waiter, the only people who got breaks were the smokers.[/b]

:%#%#:

im a manager at a bar and restaurant. and it annoys all non-smoking staff with the continual, "going to the back office to do some paper work" especially if they then want to go out in the staff room and have a txt break. you are getting paid to work, not smoke[/b][/quote]

For 4 years I worked in an office where it was fine to smoke inside, no problems. Then I changed jobs and wasn't allowed to smoke at my desk, but people would say this line at me all the time (despite the fact I still did more then everyone else combined).

Now the new laws have come in and it's illegal to smoke at my desk. Despite the fact (since I've since changed jobs again) everyone in my office smokes and would actually like to smoke at our desks, we all have to get up and leave to have a fag.

Make sense of that.