• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Smoking

I wonder how much the American customs and excise would reward us for handing him in...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Nov 14 2008, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Smoking is a serious topic in society and is often frowned upon. Does anyone here smoke?

Does anyone know of any famous rugby players that smoke/smoked? I know the likes of Shane Warne, Anna Kournakova, Zinedine Zidane have but any union/league players?

From League I know Willie Mason and Jason Smith smoke.[/b]

I know Romario was and even today is a heavy smoker

Oh YES!!! hello guys I miss you

romario2.jpg

lil%20smoker.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Dec 1 2008, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Nov 14 2008, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Smoking is a serious topic in society and is often frowned upon. Does anyone here smoke?

Does anyone know of any famous rugby players that smoke/smoked? I know the likes of Shane Warne, Anna Kournakova, Zinedine Zidane have but any union/league players?

From League I know Willie Mason and Jason Smith smoke.[/b]

Romario
[/b][/quote]

I cant believe my club Adelaide United paid a million dollars for him to play 4 matches he STUNK (I dont mean in a personal hygiene way either)

I see that in WA they are trying to make the smoking laws more nazi and paternalistic.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/11/26/2429834.htm

Woollard renews push for smoking bans

The Independent Member for Alfred Cove, Janet Woollard, will introduce a Private Members Bill in Parliament today aimed at reducing tobacco sales in Western Australia.

If passed, the legislation would ban smoking in cars with children, outlaw smoking in al fresco dining areas and on patrolled beaches and ban the display of tobacco products at the point of sale.

Dr Woollard says she hopes the new laws would help people stop smoking.

"Fourteen hundred West Australians die each year [from smoking], so what this legislation is hoping to do is to cut back on the number of people, to help people cut back on smoking and help bring those figures down," she said.

"I'm hoping there's going to be bipartisan support for the Bill, there are certainly members on both sides, in fact from all three parties, Labor, Liberal and Nationals who have voiced their support for the measures I'm introducing."

Reject suggestions

Dr Woollard, has rejected suggestions police do not have the resources to enfore tougher smoking bans.

The Police Commissioner, Karl O'Callaghan, says restrictions on smoking in vehicles would be difficult to police.

But Dr Woollard says if police can monitor mobile phone use in cars, they should be able to stop smoking in cars with children.

"This is an aspect of policing that is currently being done, it is just an extension of that, it is checking," she said.

"Yes, the children are in their seatbelts, that people aren't speaking on phones, and it's checking that children are not being exposed to cigarette smoke."

The Independent Member for Alfred Cove, Janet Woollard, will introduce a Private Members Bill in Parliament today aimed at reducing tobacco sales in Western Australia.

If passed, the legislation would ban smoking in cars with children, outlaw smoking in al fresco dining areas and on patrolled beaches and ban the display of tobacco products at the point of sale.

"Fourteen hundred West Australians die each year [from smoking], so what this legislation is hoping to do is to cut back on the number of people, to help people cut back on smoking and help bring those figures down," she said.

"I'm hoping there's going to be bipartisan support for the Bill, there are certainly members on both sides, in fact from all three parties, Labor, Liberal and Nationals who have voiced their support for the measures I'm introducing."

Reject suggestions

Dr Woollard, has rejected suggestions police do not have the resources to enfore tougher smoking bans.

The Police Commissioner, Karl O'Callaghan, says restrictions on smoking in vehicles would be difficult to police.

But Dr Woollard says if police can monitor mobile phone use in cars, they should be able to stop smoking in cars with children.

"This is an aspect of policing that is currently being done, it is just an extension of that, it is checking," she said.

"Yes, the children are in their seatbelts, that people aren't speaking on phones, and it's checking that children are not being exposed to cigarette smoke."

Reject suggestions

"Yes, the children are in their seatbelts, that people aren't speaking on phones, and it's checking that children are not being exposed to cigarette smoke."[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 27 2008, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I love kissing girls!
Kissing is such a primal form of a connection with another being and to do it with a hottie is just awesome. That's what nights out on the town are for...so you can get a drunk one who's out of your league. ;)[/b]

Not agreeing with everything (I prefer kissing boys, and one boy in particular) but Kissing is definitely a form of connection, I once learned why we kiss, not sure you want to hear it though XD

You can get cancer from tobacco, X-rays, deodorant, the air in most cities, and tea. (YES TEA!!) Studies have shown that in the UK and Japan, both countries where tea is drunk on a very regular basis by most of the population, the rates of throat cancer are higher then in other countries that aren't as fond of tea. The UK has less cases of throat cancer then Japan because tea is mixed with milk.
This is one of the things I read, there are other similar examples like these, and always I wonder, how much should you believe of it? What if someone's just making it all up? For all we know we can get cancer from the bug shells they put in our food (this one is definitely true, it's used to colour food red, most notably in drinks that have milk/yoghurt and red fruits)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Dec 1 2008, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
and tea. (YES TEA!!) Studies have shown that in the UK and Japan, both countries where tea is drunk on a very regular basis by most of the population, the rates of throat cancer are higher then in other countries that aren't as fond of tea. The UK has less cases of throat cancer then Japan because tea is mixed with milk.[/b]
NOOOOOO! I love tea! ;(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 1 2008, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Dec 1 2008, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and tea. (YES TEA!!) Studies have shown that in the UK and Japan, both countries where tea is drunk on a very regular basis by most of the population, the rates of throat cancer are higher then in other countries that aren't as fond of tea. The UK has less cases of throat cancer then Japan because tea is mixed with milk.[/b]
NOOOOOO! I love tea! ;(
[/b][/quote]

straight up milky builders though. i think we're alright, leave it to the japs and the ponces who drink herbal tea and all that to get cancer.

Everyone's contradicting, I was reading a book on tea yesterday (amazingly boring by the way!! Who cares about how flowery and tippy and orange and golden the tea is nowadays? If you have to train for seven years to taste the difference (longer if you're smoker) then it's just a waste of time and money) and tea also reduces the chance of other forms of cancer.

Two cups of green tea a day will cause weight loss, and any old tea will make you feel relaxed but concentrated, as it releases caffeine slower and in healthier doses then coffee. Also, goodbye cellulite!

I like herbal tea. Nothing better then chamomile every now and then!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Dec 3 2008, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Dec 2 2008, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I once learned why we kiss, not sure you want to hear it though XD[/b]
Educate us!!!!!!
[/b][/quote]

Before blenders and kitchen appliances it could take some work to make semi-liquid stuff for infants (not sure what it's called in English, it's the step after milk but before 'real' solid food), instead of spending a lot of time and effort grinding hard food, a mother would simply chew the food in her mouth and then put/spit it from her mouth into the mouth of her baby/child. The gesture started to stand for the mother/child intimacy, and afterwards just for intimacy.

So the reason we kiss is because centuries ago women would sort of spit out their chewed food in the babies mouth :p

Birds still do this, but instead of just chewing the food they eat and then vomit in to their chick's mouth. I don't want to get into how baby koalas are fed :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Dec 3 2008, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Dec 3 2008, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Educate us!!!!!!
[/b][/quote]

Before blenders and kitchen appliances it could take some work to make semi-liquid stuff for infants (not sure what it's called in English, it's the step after milk but before 'real' solid food), instead of spending a lot of time and effort grinding hard food, a mother would simply chew the food in her mouth and then put/spit it from her mouth into the mouth of her baby/child. The gesture started to stand for the mother/child intimacy, and afterwards just for intimacy.

So the reason we kiss is because centuries ago women would sort of spit out their chewed food in the babies mouth :p

Birds still do this, but instead of just chewing the food they eat and then vomit in to their chick's mouth. I don't want to get into how baby koalas are fed :p
[/b][/quote]

Hmm. I did say it was disgusting. Much prefer just to sit and hold a girl as a sign of intimacy. Do that a lot with my friend-girls as well. Difference is the place they choose to rest their hands... ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Dec 4 2008, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Dec 3 2008, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Dec 3 2008, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Educate us!!!!!!
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Hmm. I did say it was disgusting. Much prefer just to sit and hold a girl as a sign of intimacy. Do that a lot with my friend-girls as well. Difference is the place they choose to rest their hands... ;)
[/b][/quote]
Well you could say it is disgusting but then sex is disgusting as well.

I have to admit as I get older kissing appeals to me less.  Perhaps it is the domain of the young?

Well, smoking is one addiction harm the health of themselves and others. It is harmful to the throat, lungs, brain, heart, and so on. Another point is the same level of passive smoking is also harmful. I prefer e-cigar as smoking which helps to quite the smoking and it has no any side effects.

I never smoked cigarettes, occasionally cuban. But just focussing on sport.
The girlfriend of my dad smokes a lot and she's more sick than we have leaves on our apple tree

Alot of people i know of smoke to show how macho they are but i find them very childish silly..smoking makes the teeth brown..

I know that Pieter de Villiers (french prop) and Philippe Bernat-Salles (french winger) smoke. As I do, although I'll quit when my wife gets pregnant. Tobacco is useless anyway, I prefer smoking green stuff...
I prefer the green one too so good luck giving that up when u have a baby I smoked in my garden and at 60years old I only s'moke green with very little tobacco