• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Smoking

I only occasionally smoke a good Cuban when I am out. I think I smuggled about £500 worth of Cubans to my American friends when I went to Vegas in June although the Dominican and Latin American varieties rolled with Cuban tobacco are pretty nice as well (if a little harsher).

Oh, oh, lol. Most adorable quote of the week comes from I_Bleed_Black:

<Prestwick> ****! I need a cigar, why do cigars have to be so bloody expensive here?
<I_Bleed_Black> Why do you need a cigar?
<Prestwick> I like to smoke a cuban when I'm out but I can't find any here!
<I_Bleed_Black> Wha-? Cuban? Just smoke a British cigar!

...:lol: bless.

Anyway, one benefit of the smoking ban means I can use the same coat again the day after a good night out. I don't have to get it dry cleaned, I don't have to leave it standing or beat it to get the smell of smoke out of it. Its great. One of the major downsides is that it completely disrupts the conversation and atmosphere of pubs and clubs. Unless you're willing to trudge outside with all the smokers, your conversation or whatever gets broken up every five minutes. At work, its even worse. In my job, you have to have someone supporting you in case the job load becomes too great. However, with the feckin' smokers taking about eight or nine smoking breaks a day, its really annoying as when they leave something really bad happens like a major bank going down or what not.

My preferred system is the Japanese system.

Essentially the rules are thus: You cannot smoke outside in public or in public spaces unless you are in a designated smoking area either on the street or in a public space such as a train station, library, etc. These "smoking areas" are basically like bus shelters or ventilated rooms when indoors. They're kind of like monkey enclosures in a zoo and quite fun to watch everyone puff away merrily.

The reason why smoking is banned outside in public or in public spaces is obvious: if you want to go anywhere, you have to go outside. You don't have a choice in the matter. Thus, by smoking, you are impinging on everyone elses' right to clean air.

Now, before all you lung-bleeders get hot under the collar, here is the caveat: private property owners can set their own restrictions. You can have your bar/store/house smoke free or you can even hand out free packs of fags and a lighter at the door if you want.

If it is private property such as a bar or a resturant, you can set whatever rules you want because the fact is that it is up to you to make that choice about where you want to go. You do not have to be there, you do can choose where you want to go in this case. Thus, if you decide to go to a good pub that allows smoking, you understand the risks of secondary smoke and have thus abdicated your right to clean air.

It is all about the choice of the individual and I think Japan's case is brilliant.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 20 2008, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I only occasionally smoke a good Cuban when I am out. I think I smuggled about £500 worth of Cubans to my American friends when I went to Vegas in June although the Dominican and Latin American varieties rolled with Cuban tobacco are pretty nice as well (if a little harsher).

<Prestwick> ****! I need a cigar, why do cigars have to be so bloody expensive here?

...:lol: bless.

Anyway, one benefit of the smoking ban means I can use the same coat again the day after a good night out. I don't have to get it dry cleaned, I don't have to leave it standing or beat it to get the smell of smoke out of it. Its great. One of the major downsides is that it completely disrupts the conversation and atmosphere of pubs and clubs. Unless you're willing to trudge outside with all the smokers, your conversation or whatever gets broken up every five minutes. At work, its even worse. In my job, you have to have someone supporting you in case the job load becomes too great. However, with the feckin' smokers taking about eight or nine smoking breaks a day, its really annoying as when they leave something really bad happens like a major bank going down or what not.

Essentially the rules are thus: You cannot smoke outside in public or in public spaces unless you are in a designated smoking area either on the street or in a public space such as a train station, library, etc. These "smoking areas" are basically like bus shelters or ventilated rooms when indoors. They're kind of like monkey enclosures in a zoo and quite fun to watch everyone puff away merrily.

The reason why smoking is banned outside in public or in public spaces is obvious: if you want to go anywhere, you have to go outside. You don't have a choice in the matter. Thus, by smoking, you are impinging on everyone elses' right to clean air.

Now, before all you lung-bleeders get hot under the collar, here is the caveat: private property owners can set their own restrictions. You can have your bar/store/house smoke free or you can even hand out free packs of fags and a lighter at the door if you want.

If it is private property such as a bar or a resturant, you can set whatever rules you want because the fact is that it is up to you to make that choice about where you want to go. You do not have to be there, you do can choose where you want to go in this case. Thus, if you decide to go to a good pub that allows smoking, you understand the risks of secondary smoke and have thus abdicated your right to clean air.

It is all about the choice of the individual and I think Japan's case is brilliant.[/b]

The Japanese do a lot of things right. Did you watch the TopGear on their train system?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 21 2008, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 20 2008, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Nov 20 2008, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 19 2008, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 19 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it gives me something to do.[/b]
I thought that is why they invented text messaging?

I don't mind kissing a smoker....they have a taste which makes it a bit more interesting.
[/b][/quote]

The same can be said for kissing someone who just threw up, although the barfing sounds less tasty then tobacco.
[/b][/quote]
Ok well...ewwww....lol!
I dunno...a smoker tastes like something burnt...almost bbq like.  I kind of prefer that than the usual dried up saliva smell.  I must be weird I think.  Perhaps it is my almost non existent sense of smell and taste that makes me kind of thrilled to actually sense something....even if it is nicotine lol!

It was LUCK that stopped me from embarking on the smoking habit as a teenager.  I don't want to think about the type of person I'd be if I had started smoking....
[/b][/quote]

On that note, and a little off topic, does anyone else actually like kissing someone? It's all sloppy and you get spit all round your mouth; your lips get stretched and bitten and start to hurt. And the girl may have bad breath... I can think of far more pleasurable ways of getting intimate....
[/b][/quote]
Lol you make it sound so gross!

Well if you are into her then it sure ain't gross....so the answer is "only if you are into her"....otherwise it is a bit yucky.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 21 2008, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

... :lol: bless.[/b]
I have to admit I have had ONE drag on a cuban cigar...or it moght have been Peruvian.  A friend of a freind came back from South America with his wares and we decided to lose our cigar virginity.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 21 2008, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anyway, one benefit of the smoking ban means I can use the same coat again the day after a good night out. I don't have to get it dry cleaned, I don't have to leave it standing or beat it to get the smell of smoke out of it. Its great. One of the major downsides is that it completely disrupts the conversation and atmosphere of pubs and clubs. Unless you're willing to trudge outside with all the smokers, your conversation or whatever gets broken up every five minutes. At work, its even worse. In my job, you have to have someone supporting you in case the job load becomes too great. However, with the feckin' smokers taking about eight or nine smoking breaks a day, its really annoying as when they leave something really bad happens like a major bank going down or what not.[/b]
Yeah lol so true so true....you are just getting into some great conversation and the they have to go for a smoke!  So you follow them outside and keep talking while they are smoking away.

It is all about the choice of the individual and I think Japan's case is brilliant.[/b]
Wow that is kind of impressive.....freedom of choice for private bar owners seems to be a good idea.....or is it?  Does it leave a door open for private bar owners (lol just about anything fun is privately owned) to push to make their own choices in other areas?  

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 20 2008, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
On that note, and a little off topic, does anyone else actually like kissing someone? It's all sloppy and you get spit all round your mouth; your lips get stretched and bitten and start to hurt. And the girl may have bad breath... I can think of far more pleasurable ways of getting intimate....[/b]

Sorry to tell you, but you are doing something wrong. If that is your experience with a particular girl, then perhaps it was that one person, but your description sounds like an average kiss for you.

Leave it to the Dutch to find a way around a smoking ban!!
It is illegal to smoke in Dutch pubs, which apparently ****** a few pub owners off. They found a solution though! They started the Smokers Church, since to them smoking is a religious experience that helps them come closer to God. As smoking is part of their religion, the government can not stop them from smoking in pubs who are part of the Smokers Church, since that would be restricting their freedom of religion. All you need to do to join is pay 4â'¬.
It's either brilliant or idiotic, I haven't figured it out quite yet. Probably the latter, one of their rules is 'not eating porc meat on a Sunday before 10, I'm guessing am. It's allowed at any other time of the week though. They also give God's e-mail address.

(for the people that understand Dutch: http://www.rokerskerk.nl/)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Nov 21 2008, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Leave it to the Dutch to find a way around a smoking ban!!
It is illegal to smoke in Dutch pubs, which apparently ****** a few pub owners off. They found a solution though! They started the Smokers Church, since to them smoking is a religious experience that helps them come closer to God. As smoking is part of their religion, the government can not stop them from smoking in pubs who are part of the Smokers Church, since that would be restricting their freedom of religion. All you need to do to join is pay 4€.
It's either brilliant or idiotic, I haven't figured it out quite yet. Probably the latter, one of their rules is 'not eating porc meat on a Sunday before 10, I'm guessing am. It's allowed at any other time of the week though. They also give God's e-mail address.

(for the people that understand Dutch: http://www.rokerskerk.nl/)[/b]
Wow that sounds like a good idea that might be exploited down here in NZ....cept for the fact that more and more young people are seeing smoking here as uncool.  So the smokers pub would after a while be seen as the losers pub.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 20 2008, 06:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Nov 17 2008, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i smoke weed errrrday!!!!!!!!!!! ill quit one day.....

but until then...high till i die

i dont know why they have to make it illegal...god made it...

so at the moment im saving up for a trip to amsterdam..

the funny thing is...i smoke weed...but i have never smoked tobacco.....smoking tobacco looks dirty..jus never liked it.

"Excuse me while I light my spliff..Good God, I gotta take a lift...From reality I just can't drift...That's why I am staying with this riff." - bob marley

THASS HOW WE DO PLAAAAYA!!![/b]

do you not bill your zoot with tobacco?
[/b][/quote]

noope...keep it clean, keep it green :)

o and laetca...yeh they gave about 43 coffee shops untill 2011 to close...ill still make it lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Nov 24 2008, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
o and laetca...yeh they gave about 43 coffee shops untill 2011 to close...ill still make it lol[/b]

A few cities are looking into starting their own weed plantation, not sure if they'll be able to do that (since growing drugs on such a scale is basically illegal) but who knows.
If they're going to grow the stuff themselves, they'll have to sell it :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
It's all sloppy and you get spit all round your mouth; your lips get stretched and bitten and start to hurt. And the girl may have bad breath... I can think of far more pleasurable ways of getting intimate[/b]

Was this girl, half-mermaid but with the face of an uglyfish?.

i think this is all bullshit with the ban i could not care less one day we all die.

i have sometimes smoked weed but tbh i hate tobacco and wont purchase it ever i liked zoots.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Nov 25 2008, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Nov 24 2008, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
o and laetca...yeh they gave about 43 coffee shops untill 2011 to close...ill still make it lol[/b]

A few cities are looking into starting their own weed plantation, not sure if they'll be able to do that (since growing drugs on such a scale is basically illegal) but who knows.
If they're going to grow the stuff themselves, they'll have to sell it :)
[/b][/quote]

theres no good reason for weed being illegal, i reckon its a conspiracy!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Nov 25 2008, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
It's all sloppy and you get spit all round your mouth; your lips get stretched and bitten and start to hurt. And the girl may have bad breath... I can think of far more pleasurable ways of getting intimate[/b]

Was this girl, half-mermaid but with the face of an uglyfish?.
[/b][/quote]

No, but there's always a bit of spillage. Worst is one girl I was proper happy with myself for. She was like 9/10. Then I started getting with her and my lip started to prickle. Seems she'd shaved off a mustache. Eugh.

I love kissing girls!
Kissing is such a primal form of a connection with another being and to do it with a hottie is just awesome. That's what nights out on the town are for...so you can get a drunk one who's out of your league. ;)

build the foundation when your drunk

hook up with them when your sober

anyways nah i dont smoke just throw in a big ole chewing tobacco fatty from time to time