• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

So is getting it on the PC recommended?

H

hursty7

hi, just wanting to check the pc version is all well and good
i have a geforce 5200x 256mb graphics card, im not all that clued up on technical aspects, have a 19inch flat screen and 1028 RAM
i break up from uni on friday so ill be popping into town to get it!

It'll work fine on your PC.

And you'll be able to mod the game n'all, so it's all good!
<

I preordered the PC version a while back, too late to turn back now I think.

- Is it possible to edit the controls ( I have a PS2 pad adaptor)
- How does it run, I've only got a 64mb graphics card powered by a 1.5 centrino.

Originally posted by woodie@Mar 14 2005, 07:53 AM
No

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
- How does it run, I've only got a 64mb graphics card powered by a 1.5 centrino.[/b]

It should be OK - just don't play it high res. How much RAM do you have?

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Mar 13 2005, 07:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Mar 13 2005, 07:57 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-woodie
@Mar 14 2005, 07:53 AM
No

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
- How does it run, I've only got a 64mb graphics card powered by a 1.5 centrino.[/b]

It should be OK - just don't play it high res. How much RAM do you have? [/b]
512mb. PES4 runs fine.

Will it not be possible to edit controls via the use of a patch or something?

Controls are very hard to edit, unless you have a calibirator program that came with your controller/adaptor you will need to download a program called " JoyToKey" This program makes your controller act as the keyboard.

just my opinion but pc games especially sports games are not that fun to play on pc. i thinks its better to have a console verison

reasons

1 u can take it to your friends house and play
2 more comfortble
3 dont have to worry if yr cpu can handle the game
4 controller

only thing i c pc good 4 is patches and upgrades.

just my thought. do disrespect intended

the latest sport game (full version) i ever played on PC is Rugby 2001 and before that is ARL 96

oh that bring back memories....

anyways, the games i only play on PC are warcraft, starcraft, and crusaders

Sometimes PC games are far superior graphically to console games. Prime example is PES4. The graphics suck on the x box, though it does play quite well.

Bought it for the PC - the game is basically the same as x box but the graphics on PES4 are so much better on the PC version that it's like a different game. You can tweak setting on pc, turn up resolution, etc, to improve the display.

Also, you can normally download patches, mods, kits, etc on PC, not normally the case with consoles.

When it comes out, I'll probably get it on both, PC for playing at home and x box for taking around my mates` houses to play.

I just wish they'd make full use of the x box's capabilities, the X Box graphics on ESPN NFL are as good as a PC. Thumbs up to Sega for that. In contrast, PES4 on the XBox has awful graphics, pure lazyness on the part of Konami.

If they brought out a rugby game on the x box with graphics like ESPN NFL then I'd have to give up work to allow my enough time to play it.

Originally posted by GarVanNeath@Mar 15 2005, 12:00 AM
Sometimes PC games are far superior graphically to console games. Prime example is PES4. The graphics suck on the x box, though it does play quite well.

Bought it for the PC - the game is basically the same as x box but the graphics on PES4 are so much better on the PC version that it's like a different game. You can tweak setting on pc, turn up resolution, etc, to improve the display.

Also, you can normally download patches, mods, kits, etc on PC, not normally the case with consoles.

When it comes out, I'll probably get it on both, PC for playing at home and x box for taking around my mates` houses to play.

I just wish they'd make full use of the x box's capabilities, the X Box graphics on ESPN NFL are as good as a PC. Thumbs up to Sega for that. In contrast, PES4 on the XBox has awful graphics, pure lazyness on the part of Konami.

If they brought out a rugby game on the x box with graphics like ESPN NFL then I'd have to give up work to allow my enough time to play it.
but thats just it... u probably got a decked out PC or a very Hi spec one... and not many ppl hav the money to keep updgrade their PC which is wut D12nz wuz kinda sayin... u dont hav to worry about whether ur PC will be able to run it or not... i wud luv to hav a PC for games but it sux coz technology just moves too quick now... 1 day u got the best of the best then like a couple of months down the line its pretty ****... ya kno?

PES4 is the only game I really play on my PC apart from Call of Duty. It is better on PS2 - problem with PS2 is you cant put it under your arm and carry it round with you. With my Laptop, 2 PS2 controllers and PES4, there is multiplayer action wherever I may happen to be - usually at school.

At home it's definately better to game on consoles.

Originally posted by woodie@Mar 15 2005, 10:54 AM
- problem with PS2 is you cant put it under your arm and carry it round with you.
yeah you can....slim ps2?
<

slim ps2 proabbly still bigger than a laptop. PC looks like the way to go with some modds already appearing. I don't think you would need the best pc avaiable for the game to look nice. Console version proabbly better for multiplayer but i proabbly won't be doing that with more than one person so pc version will be fine

Originally posted by esoj@Mar 15 2005, 05:42 PM
slim ps2 proabbly still bigger than a laptop. PC looks like the way to go with some modds already appearing. I don't think you would need the best pc avaiable for the game to look nice. Console version proabbly better for multiplayer but i proabbly won't be doing that with more than one person so pc version will be fine
<
Hell no. Carrying a slim PS2 is like carrying 2 DVD cases.

Our IT guy has been playing a PC copy (he won't disclose where he got it from) with his mates (multiplayer) on a projector. He found it fun but he reckons it would probably be better on a console

playing games on computers suck, i jst play ps2 coz its fun and its more socialble

I stand corrected on the size of the slim ps2. Laptop still good though just open it up anyway a way you go with a console you have to find a monitor of some sort. Multiplayer proabbly would be better on a console as you can get more playing via multitaps etc max is what 4 on a pc and some unlucky dude would get the keyboard. I have heard the game is already out on warez site so maybe people getting that way or maybe from overseas and also last possiblty they know someone that has given it to them early.

Originally posted by esoj@Mar 15 2005, 06:11 PM
I stand corrected on the size of the slim ps2. Laptop still good though just open it up anyway a way you go with a console you have to find a monitor of some sort. Multiplayer proabbly would be better on a console as you can get more playing via multitaps etc max is what 4 on a pc and some unlucky dude would get the keyboard. I have heard the game is already out on warez site so maybe people getting that way or maybe from overseas and also last possiblty they know someone that has given it to them early.
Totaly agree. I was just aiming at the, 'PS2 slim is probably bigger than a laptop' comment.

I've got it on PC and I have to say it's crisp as! Absolutely buitiful graphics! I've got everything maxed out on 1280x1024 resolution, so it looks a lot better than the Xbox version, but the XBOX version is supposed to be up there.

i have a
256 mb RAM
2.4 gHZ
128 mb ram (ATI Radeon 9600 SE)

will it work on my pc?

Latest posts