• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Some new info

L

locksley

Ok fellas here's what I know from the full version of Rugby 2005

1. There's only 4 camera angles
Classic - Like lomu only a bit nearer but not as good
Classic 2 - Rugby 2004 version, but the screen instantly changes behind the attacking team
Broadcast - Pah.... unplayable, but looks ok
Side - Same as the demo, too far away but very playable

2. No Career mode
3. Right analog stick, for some reason, does NOT do anything in defence????
4. The kicking in general play is very similar to rugby 2004, but slightly better
5. Goal kicking is quite hard. The system is great for rugby goal kicks.
6. The right stick for fends, charges, and steps works better than I would've EVER imagined!
7. I'm gutted that it's not Bill Mclaren. Ian Robertson and Mexted instead!
8. It "feels" very similar to 2004 after extended play, albeit an immensley playable version of it!
9. It feels just how Rugby Union should feel

I'll keep you updated with any info I get

Any idea what competitions are in it, and if Heiny Cup - which season?

broad cast view? that sounds cool as thou un playable... does that mean diffecnt angles

English would be nice mark
<

broadcast means like TV, stays in middle.

Originally posted by locksley@Feb 4 2005, 09:21 PM
3. Right analog stick, for some reason, does NOT do anything in defence????
eh?...is this demo only..better be...farkin BETTER BE!!!!!
<
<

Thanks Locks - you sound a bit despondent. Is the full version looking disappointing?

I'm very worries that it feels like rugby 2004!

No, I'm not despondant! It's just that the demo was so good, I thought the full game would blow me away, but it didn't! Now don't take this as a negative tho.

The game is totally brilliant! The fact that I used the "Classic" camera angle reminded me more of Rugby 2004, that's all! After extended play, the rucks are very similar to Rugby 2004's rucks, only you can actually control them this time! Wierd though, although you can add men with "X", you can't remove them!
<

Also, on this angle, the kicking is an improved version of Rugby 2004's! It's not the best open play kicking system, but it's better than 2004 and 2001!

The similarities with 2004 are more evident when using the "Classic" camera!

Knowsleyroader has had a "Hands-on" experience of 2005 to, so, hopefully he'll add his opinons on here too! He was really impressed by it, and it takes a lot to impress KR I'll tell you!

This is the game that Rugby 2004 tried to be, but got so so so so wrong! However, this time, EA have got it right!

...for some reason this sounds dodgy...too much but this,but that,ask knowsley...not being rude...just my expections r high
<

Hey Locks whats the Commentary like? aslo any chance on getting some video clips ?

Phew thanks Locks - I can understand that if the demo is that good you expect the full game to really impress. IF knowselrodaer or yourself have time I've got a few more Q's

which is the best camera angle?

Does the camera swinging behing the attacker in classic look/feel ok? I remember 2001 was similar and made me dizzy!!!

Is there a big hit button at all? What does the right analoge stick do in defense!!!!

Is there a Heinikan cup and/or Zurich premiership?

Are there any passing issues or have these been ironed out?

In 2004 the grubbers and up and unders didn't work because you couldn't contest for the ball. Do they work in 2005?

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

James

Originally posted by locksley@Feb 4 2005, 09:21 AM
7. I'm gutted that it's not Bill Mclaren. Ian Robertson and Mexted instead!
Thats good. Ian Robertson is the best British commentator, even though he only does radio coverage.

HE was the deliverer of the infamous:

"Theres 35 seconds to go, this is the one, its coming back, to Jonny Wilkinson, he drops for world cup glory (cue mad Rob Andrew screaming), Its up, its over, hes done it, Jonny Wilkinson is England's hero yet again, and there is no time for Australia to come back, England have just one the World Cup."

Great Stuff.

and murry mexted is famous for..."look at those red nipples"....
<
..during a wellington npc fixture warm-up
<
<
<

Springbokfan gets out his scrumcap and his boots and his no.10 sharks jersey------------grrrr arg arg still a month to go
<
I CAN WAIT DAMMIT RELEASE THE GAME SO WE CAN RELEASE OUR SELFS
<

Originally posted by woodie+Feb 4 2005, 10:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woodie @ Feb 4 2005, 10:22 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
@Feb 4 2005, 09:21 AM

7. I'm gutted that it's not Bill Mclaren.  Ian Robertson and Mexted instead!
Thats good. Ian Robertson is the best British commentator, even though he only does radio coverage.
[/b]
Are you serious? Ian Robertson is Englands answer to Gordon Bray over here! IE boring old fart from the boys club! He puts you to sleep mate! Give me Bill any day, in fact bugger that! Get me rabbits warren!

Oh well, at least we've got mexted! But it's pretty clear the commentary will be no where near as well executed as the NRL game with Andrew Voss! Lines like "I cannot believe the ref missed that! His eyes must be painted on!" were just gold! some boring old private school boy pommy aint gonna match up to that stuff
<

Apart from that though, the game does sound promising... mind you I did get the impression that the release pattern has alot in common with 2004, in that the demo was basically the full version of the game and therefore bringing people up with the assumption masses of stuff would be improved before the full game was released and then bringing them down again with the release of a full game that has no game play improvements over the demo...

Originally posted by locksley@Feb 4 2005, 10:02 PM
No, I'm not despondant! It's just that the demo was so good, I thought the full game would blow me away, but it didn't! Now don't take this as a negative tho.

The game is totally brilliant! The fact that I used the "Classic" camera angle reminded me more of Rugby 2004, that's all! After extended play, the rucks are very similar to Rugby 2004's rucks, only you can actually control them this time! Wierd though, although you can add men with "X", you can't remove them!
<

Also, on this angle, the kicking is an improved version of Rugby 2004's! It's not the best open play kicking system, but it's better than 2004 and 2001!

The similarities with 2004 are more evident when using the "Classic" camera!

Knowsleyroader has had a "Hands-on" experience of 2005 to, so, hopefully he'll add his opinons on here too! He was really impressed by it, and it takes a lot to impress KR I'll tell you!

This is the game that Rugby 2004 tried to be, but got so so so so wrong! However, this time, EA have got it right!
Locks thanks for the new info, what do you mean by more control in the rucks, can you turn into the player that is rucking??? and if you can what can you do in the ruck, because if you can just add and not remove player it sounds like less control of the rucks. Please let us know as this debate has reached the high of League or union.
<

Does the right analog then control defensive plays if not hit stick????

can sumbody please answer the question thats on everyone lips

wot tournaments/leagues are there?

Latest posts