• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Some new info

agreed... now we all know that career mode has gone, what competitions can we expect to find playable in the game?

we know of the definite Tri-Nations, Super 12 and 6 Nations, but what else - is the Heineken Cup license really there? are there any extra northern hemisphere teams (outside the Heineken Cup teams) that have been added so we can create any of the real life competitions?

... this is the one question that I've been asking since early January and I'd love it if someone could shed some light on the topic

... at least the gameplay will be enjoyable and that was a must!

Don't speak too soon about playability - I think the jury is still out on this until other people have played the game. We don't want to temp fate!

Thanks once again Locks. I think we all lose sight of the fact( me included) That the demo is going to be way better than the orginal but on past evidence(PES 4) included they are normally pretty much the end product unless we are talking about the Beta version of a game wich is when it is in its infance.

If the demo is out there and there are no massive technical faults it is pretty much going to ship like that and I have even seen games ship with the same faults as the demo had the little f#$kers(gaming companies).

Locks based on the demo that you have posted if the game play and the animations are like that I will be happy, as this time for me at least I think they have done tons better than I expected or hoped for. Lets face it they still had a budget to work with so I reckon they have done alright.

Guys I know commentary is important and believe me I love old Bill the legend but **** if you have got a game with decent graphics and good gameplay(most important) that really sucks you into a fast and furious game you don`t even hear the commentary. I mean after you have spent hundreds of hours playing one game it is always going to be repetitive but cowd noise is always a plus.

locks bud it would be cool to hear what other competions are going to be in the game as we know Super 12 are(thank the lord), Tri-nations(thank the lordx2) and the 6 Nations but still no official mention of the heinekin Cup which would be great as I would love to steer one of the European teams in this competion. Most importantly the World Cup I need this one big time!! The biggest rugby competion of all time.

locksley, have you heard any proper crowd chanting? And what is the crowd like when say your drving in a maul, do they scream heaveeee?

Originally posted by TheBokke@Feb 5 2005, 02:26 AM
Thanks once again Locks. I think we all lose sight of the fact( me included) That the demo is going to be way better than the orginal but on past evidence(PES 4) included they are normally pretty much the end product unless we are talking about the Beta version of a game wich is when it is in its infance.

If the demo is out there and there are no massive technical faults it is pretty much going to ship like that and I have even seen games ship with the same faults as the demo had the little f#$kers(gaming companies).

Locks based on the demo that you have posted if the game play and the animations are like that I will be happy, as this time for me at least I think they have done tons better than I expected or hoped for. Lets face it they still had a budget to work with so I reckon they have done alright.

Guys I know commentary is important and believe me I love old Bill the legend but **** if you have got a game with decent graphics and good gameplay(most important) that really sucks you into a fast and furious game you don`t even hear the commentary. I mean after you have spent hundreds of hours playing one game it is always going to be repetitive but cowd noise is always a plus.

locks bud it would be cool to hear what other competions are going to be in the game as we know Super 12 are(thank the lord), Tri-nations(thank the lordx2) and the 6 Nations but still no official mention of the heinekin Cup which would be great as I would love to steer one of the European teams in this competion. Most importantly the World Cup I need this one big time!! The biggest rugby competion of all time.
The offical EA site quotes:

'Not only can you play in all of the leagues, but you can now play in prestigious tournaments or in a custom tournament of your own'

This seems to imply that the Zurich premiership and other major leagues will be there, although its a very general claim
<

I'm hoping it'll be in there with the Celtic League as unofficial leagues... i.e English League and Gaelic League

or they could just add in the extra teams needed and let us create the custom leagues ourselves - I don't mind as long as all the teams are included with up-to-date squads (or at least allow a transfer option so we can update the squads ourselves)

living in hope!

Hold on, the big news here is that the "hit stick" is not there!!!
<

Wasn't this the big thing about this version??, arn't the "big hits" what the promotion of this game was all about??

Locks: Please answer this. If the hit stick is not there how do you pull off the big hits?? Are there different buttons for different tackle types, or are tackle types entirely random??

Originally posted by woodie@Feb 4 2005, 10:22 PM
HE was the deliverer of the infamous:

"Theres 35 seconds to go, this is the one, its coming back, to Jonny Wilkinson, he drops for world cup glory (cue mad Rob Andrew screaming), Its up, its over, hes done it, Jonny Wilkinson is England's hero yet again, and there is no time for Australia to come back, England have just one the World Cup."

Great Stuff.
Fantastic sound clip, that. Just wonderful. Didn't know that was him, nor did I know it was Rob Andrew screaming like someone had ripped off his skin.

Looking forward to seeing what they can do with it, though I heard some of the commentary from the 'new trailer,' the Argentinian goal kick, and it still sounds cut and paste. Hopefully all else will make up for it.

Does anyone know what the referee quality is like yet? With the FIFA engine the ref plays a big part of the game with red, yellow cards and player arguements etc??

Ooops! Oh well...anything goes then eh! British buldog rules? or am I showing my age?

Originally posted by NZL fan@Feb 5 2005, 08:51 AM
Hold on, the big news here is that the "hit stick" is not there!!!
<

Wasn't this the big thing about this version??, arn't the "big hits" what the promotion of this game was all about??

Locks: Please answer this. If the hit stick is not there how do you pull off the big hits?? Are there different buttons for different tackle types, or are tackle types entirely random??
Yes...what is up with this?

If the hit stick seemed to turn R2005 into what the 100% hit in WCR did to that game in tight play.....then I support its exclusion.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 5 2005, 10:05 AM
I heard some of the commentary from the 'new trailer,' the Argentinian goal kick, and it still sounds cut and paste. Hopefully all else will make up for it.
Where's this new trailer?

I am with you guys on the hit stick but definately not if it has the same effect as WCR!!! If I remeber in JLR there was only one button for tackling and depending on the timing it would either produce a bit hit or a normal one which seemed to work fine so I would not panic to much.

Hello. I own EA Sports Rugby 2004 for the Playstation 2 but have never played World Championship Rugby. I find EA Sports Rugby 2004 is realistic and fun to play. I will certainly try EA Sports Rugby 2005, but maybe not buy it. I am not an avid Rugby fan.

NO offence skateboarder, But Rugby 2004 was nothing like the real thing, You obviously dont watch thte game, But thats why you said you are not a avid rugby fan so Thats me told.

But rubgy 2005 is a massive improvemet by the looks of things I just hope i am not dissapointent by the qaulity of it, like the previous installment brang.

But I would recommend 2005 to anyone even if they have never played a rugby game in there life.

CANNOT WAIT ONLY 31 DAYS LEFT, (well to the announced release date)

Hello. EA Sports Rugby 2004 is a good video game to play if you are not an avid Rugby fan. It shows a brief outline of the Sport.

Latest posts