• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Somthing I want to create on Rugby 2005

I love the way anyone from the SH is eagerly ready to slag off NH rugby, especially considering many of you admit you never watch it, not regularly at least. Makes me laugh
<

Ex-S12 players who come up here regularly admit it is a much tougher style of rugby, and for many of them it takes some time to adjust from the S12 where they allowed far more space and time with the ball.

It's all rugby, just played in different styles, much of which is down to the difference in weather conditions and climates. It also must be remembered that S12 teams are regional, and therefore cover a wider area than many of the NH teams, who are based in one town or city (with exception of the Irish provinces)

You can all shout about how much better S12 teams are as much as you like, it really won't bother most people.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Mar 1 2005, 05:25 AM
I love the way anyone from the SH is eagerly ready to slag off NH rugby, especially considering many of you admit you never watch it, not regularly at least. Makes me laugh
<

Ex-S12 players who come up here regularly admit it is a much tougher style of rugby, and for many of them it takes some time to adjust from the S12 where they allowed far more space and time with the ball.

It's all rugby, just played in different styles, much of which is down to the difference in weather conditions and climates. It also must be remembered that S12 teams are regional, and therefore cover a wider area than many of the NH teams, who are based in one town or city (with exception of the Irish provinces)

You can all shout about how much better S12 teams are as much as you like, it really won't bother most people.
Thanx for the supportive point of view.

I understand what you are saying about the irish provinces Webby but in reality each province draws players and support from certain suburbs and towns. For example Leinster in reality only draw support from one half Dublin (the southside). Most rugby fans in rural areas of Ireland would be more drawn to the Munster cause. The core base of support for the irish provinces isn't enormous (look at the CL attendances) but they are alot of open minded multi sportsfans in Ireland who will be drawn to the big games.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Mar 1 2005, 05:25 AM
<
I enjoy watching all rugby personally and have watched most of the 6 nations for the past couple of years as well as the Heinakein cup and I admit I quite enjoy it! But generally speaking I do feel the high pace and high quality matches I've seen in the Super 12 have generally more electrifying... That said I found last years Heinakein final between Toulouse and London (i think) to be very exiting and the year before between London and Munster (again just from memory) was near international level!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Ex-S12 players who come up here regularly admit it is a much tougher style of rugby, and for many of them it takes some time to adjust from the S12 where they allowed far more space and time with the ball.[/b]

Similarly, occasionally when NH players come to play in the S12 they often say the pace is much faster than they expected and felt they needed to better their fitness levels to keep up...

NH rugby is about the forwards. the hard men. The people who will kick your arse.

SH rugby is all about the backs. The la-de-da's. Players like... Gavin Henson... The Brylcream boy himself.

gavindhenson.jpg

Nuff said.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Mar 1 2005, 10:54 AM
NH rugby is about the forwards. the hard men. The people who will kick your arse.

SH rugby is all about the backs. The la-de-da's. Players like... Gavin Henson... The Brylcream boy himself.

IMG-had to remove, he looks like an idiot-IMG

Nuff said.
Jesus, Mite, I just ate.

Don't put up a photo of him ever again. I feel sick.

WHO CAN PLAY RUGBY WITH HAIRGEL???

What a twat.

Now, what was I gonna say, oh yeah, WHERE THE HELL IS LEINSTER?

gavindhenson.jpg

Nuff said.
... You don't really watch much SH rugby, because if you did you'd know that over half the Super 12 sides place a MASSIVE emphesis on forward play... it was the reason the canes beat the reds despite the fact the had no set peice and it's the reason the ALL BLACKS forward pack dominated France and England all through last years tests...

well we will never know which is better unless there is an actual proper game between a super 12 team and a northern hemisphere heinken cup team. based on international games that I have seen the northern hemisphere places alot more on forward in general than sh teams do and there is lot more open rugby in the super 12. From me few games that i have seen of nh rugby there seemed to be lots and lots of kickinng way more than you would see in the super 12. Until super 12 teams actually play a proper games against the nh we will never know who is best but hopefully in rugby 2005 might be able to set up this championship cup thing.

gavindhenson.jpg

Nuff said.
The same type of "hard men" that the All Black forward pack totally destroyed whilst in France on an "end of year holiday" I presume??..............
<

please, stop with the photo of him. I had to remove mine. Please, stop. I beg.

jesus if ever there was a more over rated shittier player. henson?please he'd be rubbish even in the jubilee cup. and thats just club rugby wellington

both nh and sh are completely different styles of rugger. Even if there was a game between the 2 both nh and sh teams would stack their players to combat the power of nh forwards and the speed of sh backs so we still wouldnt know which is better.

All i can say is watch the Hurricanes this year - def one of the good fast paced forward packs who know how to set a platform for their talented backline (as long as Nonu puts glue on his bloddy hands)

Originally posted by gothecanes@Mar 1 2005, 03:23 PM
both nh and sh are completely different styles of rugger. Even if there was a game between the 2 both nh and sh teams would stack their players to combat the power of nh forwards and the speed of sh backs so we still wouldnt know which is better.

All i can say is watch the Hurricanes this year - def one of the good fast paced forward packs who know how to set a platform for their talented backline (as long as Nonu puts glue on his bloddy hands)
Yeah I agree I like both SH and NH rugby and gothecanes i agree with you especialy about Nonu

I cant beleive im actually reading some of this rubbish!!!

listings of those 20 former international players.
Come on these players wouldnt be able 2 make super 12 grade so they go 2 nh clubs 2 earn some good money before they retire!!!!
Martin Jhonson is 1 of englands best internationals and just happes that his grassroots are from N.Z.
Never at one point nh rugby has been better
Think of a world team currently and c hw many nh players there are!!!

Originally posted by Handsomebob+Mar 1 2005, 04:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Handsomebob @ Mar 1 2005, 04:19 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 1 2005, 02:36 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Gandalf
@Mar 1 2005, 03:27 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Off the Tigers website:BTW not against ne1 just helping the argument
N.Back(ENG)
M.Johnson(ENG)
Murphy(IRE-one of the best fullbacks in the world)
D.Gibson(NZ)
A.Healey(ENG)
H.Ellis(ENG)
S.Rabeni(Fiji)
R.Warren(Samoa)
A.Tuilagi(Samoa)
H.Tuilagi(Samoa)
B.Kay(ENG)
D.Morris(Wales)
E.Taukafa(Tonga)
G.Rowntree(ENG)
L.Moody(ENG)
J.White(ENG)
M.Corry(ENG)
A.Goode(ENG)
O.Smith(ENG)
L.Lloyd(ENG)
Thats 20 current or former internationals out of a squad of 46

You know what chaps, that aint such a bad team, but still no match for the real SH powerhouses! Alot of islanders in there don't you think?
Yes!!!!!

<

Thank you v, v, v much - I knew a Nher wouldn't post the line-up for scrutiny, but it's good I now have it.

Let's see......

Neil back and M jOhnson are retired from international football (Back's been dropped actually, but the old folks home is beckoning anyway)

D Gibson!! Oh dear god.....he was lame in his prime...nose all twisted up like a f***ing corkscrew. Incredibly boring player! probably rated as an attacking weapon up NTH - the irony!

Healey (haven't seen him turn out for England for a while)

Rabeni (ex-Otago and highlanders player - average down here...but , again, probably explosive up there.)

The Tuilagi brothers wouldn't make the Chiefs squad - no offence.

Taukafa (Tonga) - I guess Southland might want his assistance as a squad reserve for their NPC team.....better check with him.
<

Rowntree - is he still alive?

Corry and Moody are good. two ticks there.

<<Thats 20 current or former internationals out of a squad of 46>>

No, no. I don't think you understand....the ABs I mentioned are nearly all CURRENT All Blacks.

Get it now? [/b]
Yeah, right
Now please enlight me with you (so called) NH rugby knowledge and give me your 2 cents on those names too.

Stade Français

ARIAS Julien (France under 21)
AURADOU David (France)
BERGAMASCO Mauro (Italy)
BERGAMASCO Mirko (Italy)
BLIN Mathieu (France A)
BROUZET Olivier (France)
CORLETO Ignacio (Argentina)
DE VILLIERS Pieter (France)
DOMINICI Christophe (France)
FILLOL Jérôme (France u 21)
GLAS Stephane (France)
HERNANDEZ Juan (Argentina)
JAMES Mike (Canada)
LIEBENBERG Brian (France)
MARCONNET Sylvain (France)
MARTIN Rémy (France)
MONI Christophe (France)
PICHOT Augustin (Argentina)
QUESADA Gonzalo (Argentina)
SARAMEA Olivier (France)
SKRELA David (France)

Stade Toulousain

BOUILHOU Jean (France)
BRENNAN Trevor (Ireland)
BRU Yannick (France)
CLERC Vincent (France)
COLLAZO Patrice (France)
ELISSALDE Jean Baptiste (France)
FRITZ Florien (France A and U-21)
GARBAJOSA Xavier (France)
GERARD David (France A)
HASAN Omar (Argentina)
HEYMANS Cédric (France)
JAUZION Yannick (France)
JEANJEAN Nicolas (France)
LABIT Christian (France)
LAMBOLEY Gregory (France)
MAKA Finau (just so you can say we need your SH players)
MAKA Isitolo
MICHALAK Frederic (France)
PELOUS Fabien (France)
POITRENAUD Clement (France)
POUX Jean Bapstiste (France U-21)
SERVAT William (France)
THOMAS Gareth (Wales)

Another question for you, if the almighty all blacks are so powerfull why is that their only World cup win was in 1987.
yeah, i know, it was against france, and yes i know france never won the big game..... but still, i'm not the one claiming that our players are the best ......i'm just saying that some people here just should try to be less biased and more intersted in Rugby in general. [/b][/quote]
Yes some good internationals in there...current too for the most part.

Unfortunately they are from international teams that are not worldbeaters.

France, Argentina etc cannot foot it with the ABs and probably won't for a while, even though rugby is cyclical and NH will be strong again.

However right now Ireland is probably your best team and this is going to hurt you bad.....because if the Lions squad come here for of Irish players which it fairly should....they will get creamed. How many times have ireland beat NZ?

O'Driscoll is a fantastic footballer though...he was in the Cyurrent XV I printed before this dispute began.

Back to the teams argument - I am telling you, not suggesting to you, that the BRUMBIES, BLUES and CRUSADERS are too full of class current internationals to be bothered by any of these guys.

The NH is more physical only b/c of the heaviness of mud and rain and the fact that MORE GAMES are played...thus more exhausting.
When Califano came down here he simply couldn't play at our level - they tried to get him fit enough but it didn't work. This was a major influencing factor in why we don't bother with their like anymore. He warmed the bench most of the year and sometimes not even that.

You might have a good, exciting, competitive competition and I know the pain of wanting to believe your team is better than it is etc (WC '99 and '03) but you need to be realistic and accept that, both in the forwards and the backs, those three teams in particular (and probably the Hurricanes too) are simply too strong to compete with for older fellas and ex- or fringe internationals like many you mention.

Bite the bullet.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 1 2005, 06:10 PM
When Califano came down here he simply couldn't play at our level - they tried to get him fit enough but it didn't work. This was a major influencing factor in why we don't bother with their like anymore. He warmed the bench most of the year and sometimes not even that.
When Califano came to Auckland, he was way past his prime, he wasn't even starting in europe too and was alredy out of the "xv de france" .
As i told you earlier, rugby is not played on paper, the "name game" won't get you anywhere because the actual game is different . if it was as simple as this, NH national teams would lose 10 times out of 10 against SH Teams.......and that's not the case.
Then i suggest you go over your NH rugby knowledge again, because my list features a lot of actual international players or young players.......

Latest posts