• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sourcing All Blacks games

D

Dnata

Does anyone have any idea or sources of where one could get copies of all black matches of previous years. I spoke with the Rugby Museum in NZ, and they got a response from TVNZ that they would charge $400.00 per match (yes, that's $400.00 for an eighty minutes of football) if I wanted to buy any, and even then, they only have those played in NZ covered by TVSN
I am building my personal library and am still after alot of the older games.
So, should you know of some for sale, or trade or other, I would be keen to know.

Cheers
D

How old are you looking for I've got some recently played games of the All Blacks on Dvd. The oldest I've got thou is probably the British & Irish Lions Tour 2nd and 3rd games. I've got the 2005 grandslam tour and the recent grandslam tour and All Blacks vs Munster on Dvd. I've got a few others but too many to remember.

I've got pretty much every game of international rugby played since 1975, so I may be able to dig some out for you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Sep 25 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've got pretty much every game of international rugby played since 1975, so I may be able to dig some out for you.[/b]

I now respect you more as a person.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danger @ Sep 25 2009, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Sep 25 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got pretty much every game of international rugby played since 1975, so I may be able to dig some out for you.[/b]

I now respect you more as a person.
[/b][/quote]

+1

broFistLogo.png

Edit: any french games btw ?

My Uncle gave me copies of all the games he taped back in the day :p, he still tapes them, he tapes every game of rugby, so I would have all the French Games from that time too I guess, he has a library of about 9000 videos and is in the process of converting them to DVD which will make it easier for distribution, I have a smaller library, so I would have anyone who played Australia, I also have all the Super 10, 12, 14 games :p, thats all of them, not just the Reds.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Sep 25 2009, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My Uncle gave me copies of all the games he taped back in the day :p, he still tapes them, he tapes every game of rugby, so I would have all the French Games from that time too I guess, he has a library of about 9000 videos and is in the process of converting them to DVD which will make it easier for distribution, I have a smaller library, so I would have anyone who played Australia, I also have all the Super 10, 12, 14 games :p, thats all of them, not just the Reds.[/b]
+1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Sep 25 2009, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My Uncle gave me copies of all the games he taped back in the day :p , he still tapes them, he tapes every game of rugby, so I would have all the French Games from that time too I guess, he has a library of about 9000 videos and is in the process of converting them to DVD which will make it easier for distribution, I have a smaller library, so I would have anyone who played Australia, I also have all the Super 10, 12, 14 games :p , thats all of them, not just the Reds.[/b]

:mellow:

:huh:

:lol:

:bravo:

The oldest full game I have is NZ v Springbok 1965. I have 99% of games since mid80's and on. I am looking to fill gaps mostly in 70's and early 80s. If anyone has a listing of what they have and would not mind sharing it, I can cross ref mine and see what is missing. Would be interesting to see if a full library of AB games can be put together

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Sep 24 2009, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

OH MY GOD!!!!!....good on ya mate :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

I wonder if you can get them digitally remastered that'll be massive if you could than put them onto dvd. You've so got to upload the RWC 1987 final for all the kiwis here.

Any games with Bokke like Danie Gerber and Naas Botha playing? I know it was during the Apartheid era but they did play a few games.

I have one South Africa v Australia game at the MCG where protesters were destroying everything :p.

Guys I'm desperately looking for France NZ 2000. If anyone has it, please please upload it on a tracker somewhere. :bowdown:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Opperstopper @ Sep 26 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Any games with Bokke like Danie Gerber and Naas Botha playing? I know it was during the Apartheid era but they did play a few games.[/b]

I have the 3 tests of NZ v Bokke, which i call the Flour Bomb series, with Naas Botha and crew, in NZ. I think it was Gary knight that copped a bomb on his head in the 3rd test in Auckland.

Latest posts