• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa director of rugby Rassie Erasmus to face misconduct hearing

Whether or not you agree with what Rassie did, I think we can agree that if Gatland had gone quite that far he would have been utterly eviscerated by the South African media.
Out of interest, how do you even know what south african media is like? Im not questioning your statement, its jist for me, i dont remember ever hearing anything about what south african media have said ever.

are you seeking it out? Or does it just come up when you google for rugby news? Or does the british media like to tell you what other media is saying? Something else?

personally i wish i would hear from other media, but google is convinced i dont want to. Might need to use duck duck go.

I'm just waiting to see the video he puts together explaining the SA failure at the Olympics ;)

If what he did is considered misconduct let's close the shop. Poor taste, sure, i can understand, but what, exactly, did he say that was a verifiable lie? He basically questioned interpretations and inconsistencies 90% of the forum members question too, every single week.
Get me the video, exact time, and tell me, this thing which he presented as a fact is a lie. Be specific. You wont find many (in a 40 min video) because of how he presented it. He asked questions. He should be entitled to do so.

Every time i watch a rugby game (most tier 1, premier, top 14, SR, currie cup, pro14, like most here) i have very similar questions to the ones he presented and i am tired of not getting answers. I guarantee you I am not alone here. That is why a lot of people are behind him.
Shutting his arguments based on the form does not address the substance, which is kind of the main issue here.
He does have the opportunity to ask questions, as does every coach and DoR after every match. They do it in private in a written submission to the ref not by a social media rant designed specifically to influence the refs for the next game.

I'm just waiting to see the video he puts together explaining the SA failure at the Olympics ;)
Give SA sport 50% of the budget the UK team has over a 4 year period between olympic games, and you will see results.....or a few rich people getting HUGE christmas bonuses and the same results....unfortunately that is the SA story.

Sir Clive being reminded of something......

I think if Rassies rant focused on Watson's tackle we'd of all cut him a lot more slack.

Let's also remember the failure to do anything about that spear tackle is widely accepted as one of the biggest failures in rugby history and led to to the tightening up and clearer guidance in regard to them.

I don't expect or want Rassie to get anything but trouble....does not change the fact that Clive Woodward is the last man that can go to the media and say ANYTHING.....

Nice to see the Waterboy ploy had spread to the whole touchline staff on Saturday. Physio standing behind the goal line shouting orders when we had an attacking scrum is just one instance that springs to mind :rolleyes:.

Latest posts