• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs Argentina

key will be discipline

if Boks stay disciplinated I can't see them losing

but it won't be easy 'cause some of their players often are out of control, Argies are very smart in underlining opponents fouls

and Steve Walsh is a bad ref

[/b]

Discipline will be very important, especially if the argies struggle to get over the whitewash. Unless Hernandez finds range with droppies.

and Steve Walsh is a bad ref
[/b]
Well I can tell you one thing- geez I`m glad that we`re not facing Ireland with Walsh as ref hey. I can just see it now already- "Penalty try to Ireland. Because Bok no. 6 attempted to make a tackle. What, you want to argue with me? Make that 3 penalty tries to Ireland, chum. And be-gone! Red card too! Because I can! So the final will be NZ vs. Ireland...."

Some reports of a few ****les coming out of the Argentinian camp. Hernandez, Contempomi, Pichot and Lobbe all sat out contact on Thursday. Although this is in some way good news for the Springboks let's hope these guys take to the field, it would be a shame not to have this game at it's 100% best - a fight between two prize fighters is always better when both are in peak condition.

Over the past week of having this match in my head I've done some really silly things, at work for instance I put the kettle in the fridge...I lay awake until 2am last night thinking about this game, so I can't for the life of me begin to imagine what is going through the player's heads.

Whatever happens I am proud of you Bokke.... but let's go all the way!!!

Bokbefok

+Edit - Argentine Team announced -

Argentina: 15 Ignacio Corleto, 14 Lucas Borges, 13 Manuel Contepomi, 12 Felipe Contepomi, 11 Horacio Agulla, 10 Juan Martín Hernández, 9 Agustín Pichot ©, 8 Gonzalo Longo, 7 Juan Martín Fernandez Lobbe, 6 Lucas Ostiglia, 5 Patricio Albacete, 4 Carlos Ignacio Fernandez Lobbe, 3 Juan Martín Scelzo, 2 Mario Ledesma, 1 Rodrigo Roncero.
Replacements: 16 Alberto Vernet Basualdo, 17 Omar Hasan, 18 Rimas Ãlvarez Kairelis, 19 Juan Manuel Leguizamón, 20 Nicolás Fernandez Miranda, 21 Federico Todeschini, 22 Gonzalo Tiesi.

Some reports of a few ****les coming out of the Argentinian camp. Hernandez, Contempomi, Pichot and Lobbe all sat out contact on Thursday. Although this is in some way good news for the Springboks let's hope these guys take to the field, it would be a shame not to have this game at it's 100% best - a fight between two prize fighters is always better when both are in peak condition.

Over the past week of having this match in my head I've done some really silly things, at work for instance I put the kettle in the fridge...I lay awake until 2am last night thinking about this game, so I can't for the life of me begin to imagine what is going through the player's heads.

Whatever happens I am proud of you Bokke.... but let's go all the way!!!

Bokbefok

+Edit - Argentine Team announced -

Argentina: 15 Ignacio Corleto, 14 Lucas Borges, 13 Manuel Contepomi, 12 Felipe Contepomi, 11 Horacio Agulla, 10 Juan Martín Hernández, 9 Agustín Pichot ©, 8 Gonzalo Longo, 7 Juan Martín Fernandez Lobbe, 6 Lucas Ostiglia, 5 Patricio Albacete, 4 Carlos Ignacio Fernandez Lobbe, 3 Juan Martín Scelzo, 2 Mario Ledesma, 1 Rodrigo Roncero.
Replacements: 16 Alberto Vernet Basualdo, 17 Omar Hasan, 18 Rimas Ãlvarez Kairelis, 19 Juan Manuel Leguizamón, 20 Nicolás Fernandez Miranda, 21 Federico Todeschini, 22 Gonzalo Tiesi. [/b]

All mind games I am sure the Argies are in rude health. Talk of them being tied etc. all trying to lull the Boks into a false sense of security.

JA! the same happens to me. I cannot sleep and I barely imagine the tension of the ones who will be at the pitch.

i think argentine is going to win if they play the same rugby which they have play during the competition. It would be pichot to hernandez and "up and under" during 80min.

Argentina will win because it is not bookmark

When it is, they cost to much to win because They Get nervous

Sorry FOR My ENGlish, Im ARGeNtiNian !!!

Argentina will win because it is not bookmark

When it is, they cost to much to win because They Get nervous

Sorry FOR My ENGlish, Im ARGeNtiNian !!!
[/b]

not sure about the bookmark thingie, but I like tonight, I bet both teams will look nervous tomorrow.

Well I can predict one thing for sure- 110% commitment from both sides. The Argies are talking about being a "band of brothers" together. And Sir Os has been urging the Boks to make "memories that will last a lifetime".

Crucial will be the start. If either team gets a really good start, like England in the other semi, it`ll be a hard slog to get back in it for either side.

Viva AMABOKOBOKO!

My word, SA have got to win this tomorrow! Here I was this morning, joking to some friends about SA playing England again in the final, and now it's actually a real possibility. The Argies have got alot going for them tomorrow, but then again, so do us Saffers:

1) It's probably going to be the last ever RWC in which we stand a chance of winning.
2) Sir Os would no doubt be preaching long and hard for his teammates to help him make a spectacular exit from rugby. Which they no doubt will.
3) See #1.

Just...dont...CHOKE!

(Either way, there was double-joy for me today: England won against France, and the Cheetahs won against the Bulls.)

http://worldcup.planet-rugby.com/Story/0,2...2798514,00.html

This is planetrugby.com Arg-SA match preview, in which the author (i asume he is english) says that is time for Pumas to show if their are as good as they seem.

What the f*** is wrong with this asshole?? Even asuming he is as ignorant to disregard Argentina´s test results in the last years. Being in the RWC semifinals is not good enough???

Anyway , I think that South Africa, which is a rugby I always admire, have greater chances to win. But if a miracle is done, I hope we meet the cocky english in the finals and end with that big lie. If not I hope South Africa (the best team so far) finishes the job.

I think this game is going to be a cracker! Argies deserve all the praise and respect they've got so far but PLEASE BOKS WIN!
This will be the last time for ages that we're likely to be contenders. Govt has threathened drastic changes to selectors, coach, players after RWC with racial demographics rather than ability the main criterion....sigh....
Roll on kick-off!

Los Pumas will power up the field with their forwards and Juan Martin will be in the pocket for a droppie. I can just see them doing it (or at least trying to) all night. I'll go as far in saying that if Hernandez plays well, Pumas win. If not, they'll lose. I think Argentina will win by 5-8 points.

Well time to try and start the buildup to this game...

With England already firmly sat in the Final, these two are one epic battle away from facing each other, at the moment they are unbeaten in this years tournament, but come the end of the evening one of them will face the chance to battle against England in the Rugby World Cup Final.
With the Pumas having been challenged on multiple occasions during this tournament, they face a South African side who have not been on form, even though they did have a convincing win over England...
So will we see a rematch from the group stages in the Final or will the Argentinian side Roll over yet another big nation and continue to show their worth in this World Cup...

Well let the build up begin...

I think SA have what it takes to win this one. Argentina looked tired against Scotland and may struggle to up their game to the levels it was at earlier in the tournament. SA, on the other hand, have yet to peak and are yet to be seriously tested in the tournament meaning they may well be fresher, as well a having a pack capable of competing well and a far superior back row. Out wide Argentina can't match the pace of Habana. The battle between Steyn and Contepomi at 12 should be good though.

As long as it is a good game of rugby, I dont care who wins. Both sides are capable of beating England.

As long as it is a good game of rugby, I dont care who wins. Both sides are capable of beating England.
[/b]

Its nice for us English to have that opportunity of being beaten in the FINAL....Thats I repeat FINAL.....

A great game of rugby is not watching flat track bullies, its about committment, desire...and a dose of pain, and level heads when decisions need to be made.

In sport (professional) it is about winning.....How you do that matters not.

P.s A good game tonight would be a 6-3 bloodbath full of passion and occaision...thats because I'm a forward and love the basics of rugby...

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Its nice for us English to have that opportunity of being beaten in the FINAL....Thats I repeat FINAL.....

A great game of rugby is not watching flat track bullies, its about committment, desire...and a dose of pain, and level heads when decisions need to be made.

In sport (professional) it is about winning.....How you do that matters not.

P.s A good game tonight would be a 6-3 bloodbath full of passion and occaision...thats because I'm a forward and love the basics of rugby... [/b][/quote]

Said like a true forward, there is nothing better than cheering on the pack pushing towards the try line... to me that isn't boring, see two physical sides battling and bruising each other, til the last man that is standing can win the game... I feel this game Will be physical it will be what people like to refer to as "boring" Rugby on Argentina's part... In the professional game you need to grind out a win at every chance...

All I say is that the discipline won't be in the game tonight...