• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs Argentina

HomerSpin3.gif

wooop woooop wooooop wooooop BOKKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooooooohoooooooooo :cheers: :cheers: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bravo: :bravo:

well done argentina - superb world cup! congratulations on your performance over the past weeks, and i hope you get recognized finally with regular international competition.

CONGRATS BOKKE! THIS IS IT! THE FINAL WOOOHOOO

well done Boks

great effort by the Pumas to get as far as they did in this WC

watched the game in a local Irish pub here in DC with my local rugby club

felt like i wasn't in the U.S. - no feckin gridiron on a sunday (god bless) rugby on every screen plus place packed to the brim with Argies and Saffers, plus hot SA and Argentinian babes

looking forward to the final - should be fantastic.

I don't know if this has already been said but Steve Walsh was outstanding today. My god, he actually refereed a game properly. I thought there was something wrong with my TV. He managed to spot the 1m forward pass that would have given Habana another try and he handled the messy stuff at the end calmly and perfectly. Well done.

This game was absolutly cracking stuff. We got to see some wonderful skills on display, we got to see some amazing athleticism. It was night and day compared to yesterdays game. Congratulations to both teams! :cheers:

Those line-outs broked my heart jaja, but well, congrats to SA. I just hope to win the 3rd place and to see a good final.

As a Wallaby fan I never thought I'd say this, but -

GO SOUTH AFRICA!!!

If England win back to back finals we won't stop hearing about it for the next 50 years.

Anyways, South Africa deserve it more and I hope they can win it next week, as long as England don't such them into their 10 man boring rugby strategy.

this was the worst weekend ever, the pumas failed to get to the final and the f***ing english are in the final. go boks, i really want you to win the cup. hope you f***ing kill the english. they play the ugliest rugby i've ever seen

GO SOUTH AFRICA!!!

If England win back to back finals we won't stop hearing about it for the next 50 years.

Anyways, South Africa deserve it more and I hope they can win it next week, as long as England don't such them into their 10 man boring rugby strategy.
[/b]

haha i was just thinking that this afternoon. if the brits win, they will be the first team to win the cup back to back. on the other hand, if the bokke win, we'll be up there with the aussies (two time cup winners).

today couldve only had two outcomes: either SA win by a lot, or the pumas barely win. the springboks knew that and shut them down early with a try. from then on the argies were rattled and could not hold on to that ball for their lives.

but amazing job though pumas. nobody expected you football fanatics to ever come this far in rugby. well done indeed.

GO SOUTH AFRICA!!!

Anyways, South Africa deserve it more and I hope they can win it next week, as long as England don't such them into their 10 man boring rugby strategy. [/b]

I know exactly how you feel mate... we hate losing to the boks, but you gotta have respect for them as a rugby playing nation and hey, they also happen to wear green and gold :D . But England... ugh, they've been a disgrace to international rugby since the last cup and seeing them win it would be a travesty!

GO THE SPRINGBOKS!!!! You're our only hope now.

Obviously really stoked by the result. Well done my beloved Bokke! If I can describ the Bok performance in one word, it has to be clinical. We played to our strengths, sticking to attacking the Argie lineouts, massive defense and striking from the counter-attack. Typical Jake White rugby, and well done all round.

For the Argies, congrats too. You guys can walk away from this RWC with your heads held extremely high. Getting to the semis, you left 16 other teams trailing in your wake. Along the way, you accounted for a very powerful French team, and dominated a star-studded and very highly-rated Ireland team. I seriously believe you guys deserved better than losing in the semi`s- we should`ve faced off in the final! And good luck for the 3rd place playoff- I certainly know who I`ll be supporting!

So onto the final, and to see whether ol` Bill Webb-Ellis was correct in picking up the ball and running with it, or if he should`ve just kicked the damn thing!

Obviously really stoked by the result. Well done my beloved Bokke! If I can describ the Bok performance in one word, it has to be clinical. We played to our strengths, sticking to attacking the Argie lineouts, massive defense and striking from the counter-attack. Typical Jake White rugby, and well done all round.

For the Argies, congrats too. You guys can walk away from this RWC with your heads held extremely high. Getting to the semis, you left 16 other teams trailing in your wake. Along the way, you accounted for a very powerful French team, and dominated a star-studded and very highly-rated Ireland team. I seriously believe you guys deserved better than losing in the semi`s- we should`ve faced off in the final! And good luck for the 3rd place playoff- I certainly know who I`ll be supporting!

So onto the final, and to see whether ol` Bill Webb-Ellis was correct in picking up the ball and running with it, or if he should`ve just kicked the damn thing!

[/b]

your description of the win is why the boks will win next week. They are cool and controlled. they won't be overconfident and will play smart rugby to their strengths. they will be patient, wait for the opportunity and finish clinically. England have had opportunities to score tries last few games and have taken 1. That could be one of the differences between the 2 sides. Only South Africa can stop the boks from winning now because it's all in their head, where the French and the All blacks were found wanting.

I was just wondering. As an Englishman, I'm having concerns about Eng v SA, but so I did against Aus and France. I think England can play better rugby as only the forwards, gomarsal and robinson have been on form this cup. If the rest of the backs can play better attacking rugby then it will be a good game. SA are playing well and are all pretty much on form.

Like I said, I was just wondering what South African's are thinking of the final. Do you think it will be another 36-0 pounding or maybe a closer game?

Congrats to the Pumas for a great and unforgettable world cup. The last romantic team ever? don't know, but they played with their hearts, that's for sure!

Can't wait to see them in a tri/six-nations... we NEED competitive matches.

I was just wondering. As an Englishman, I'm having concerns about Eng v SA, but so I did against Aus and France. I think England can play better rugby as only the forwards, gomarsal and robinson have been on form this cup. If the rest of the backs can play better attacking rugby then it will be a good game. SA are playing well and are all pretty much on form.

Like I said, I was just wondering what South African's are thinking of the final. Do you think it will be another 36-0 pounding or maybe a closer game?
[/b]

its either gonna be a really close england win (with two points or so), or it's gonna be a 10pt + win by south africa. the reason i say this is:

if the springboks play their game and quickly get a try, they will rattle the poms and the game will be ours.
on the other hand, if we do not play our game (or if england shuts us down early with a good defense) it is gonna end up being a kicking game and johnny is going to upset us with an amazing drop goal win.

it is definitely not going to be a pounding though, and the springboks better know that or we WILL lose

[/b]

No, definitely not. We know it's going to be an extremely tough game, and so does Jake White and the Springboks. We'll enter the stadium with a dream, and spend 80 minutes making it a reality. To quote a rather famous TV series: "Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose". But the same goes for the English - it'll be a hard game, but let there be no doubt about this: it will be legendary.

GO SOUTH AFRICA!!!

[/b]

Come, come, you underestimate us; we'll be a darn sight more insufferable than that. 200 years at least.

cmon bok if you guys deserve to win this and i'd like to keep the wallaby record of 2 wins, 3 appearences dont let them take it!!