• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British and Irish Lions - Test 2

Also, this below. He isn't a rugby journalist, but definitely one to normally follow on rugby in SA (Included the translate for all, note this was commented on the latest JacoJohan post):
1627900993053.png

Also, this below. He isn't a rugby journalist, but definitely one to normally follow on rugby in SA (Included the translate for all, note this was commented on the latest JacoJohan post):
View attachment 11874
If i have to take a gamble and guess who it is then i say its Springbok performance analyst Lindsay Weyer. But thats complete speculation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210802_130417_com.android.chrome_edit_211760537608833.jpg
    Screenshot_20210802_130417_com.android.chrome_edit_211760537608833.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 2
Having followed the Test matches of the Lions V's South Africa i have been very disappointed in the comments made since the 4th Test and i am ashamed of the state South Africa have become now to to be known. Having played rugby for many years this play making or game playing is does not settle with me at all. If a butch of players have to mine games and coaches alike then this game is no longer for me. The skills available today to a big step above mine though the spirit as now gone when i think of South Africa a proud nation, what does this stand for i ask. World Rugby should have stepped in with a back up TMO there is skills around the world and flights are arriving everyday. The Ball boy coaching is not something that any country county and local referees will except, so why not chastise this very childish act,it is not Rugby, the people around the world have to tolerate such behavior is beyond me and is not a way to recruit for the future more people watching. It was thuggery at the least and ill tempered at the worst.
Of course i enjoy my side winning, but i applaud good rugby skills whoever is playing. What a disgrace in a rugby shirt and for the country.

Biggar passed three times. Three.

Non SH backs passing stats are all shocking:

4: Henshaw

3: Biggar

2: Hogg, Harris & Farrell

1: Watson, McVdM, Daly.

I would say that was because they were all too busy running except…..

Our 'impact' subs of Price, Farrell and Daly made not a metre between them. Chuck in Harris and Murray and the dial still doesn't move. McVdM infinitely improves things with his metre.

Our 10 backs between them ran for 48m which is less than half the length of the pitch. And also less than the 51 managed by our starting pack.

Can Jonny Hill feign a strained mullet or something so we can get Manu on a plane?

Non SH backs passing stats are all shocking:

4: Henshaw

3: Biggar

2: Hogg, Harris & Farrell

1: Watson, McVdM, Daly.

I would say that was because they were all too busy running except…..

Our 'impact' subs of Price, Farrell and Daly made not a metre between them. Chuck in Harris and Murray and the dial still doesn't move. McVdM infinitely improves things with his metre.

Our 10 backs between them ran for 48m which is less than half the length of the pitch. And also less than the 51 managed by our starting pack.

Can Jonny Hill feign a strained mullet or something so we can get Manu on a plane?

Sober reading isn't it, while I am all for advocating changes (Hogg has not done enough for me as a Scot), how hard can we be on the backs when they saw no ball in hands?

Watched the game finally, really wish I hadn't. More or less went how I expected in the end, SA kept their focus and reaped the rewards. If the lions ring the changes today I'd still have them as marginal favourites though because even though SA are probably the best team out there at playing 3+ consecutive weeks it's a huge ask to beat a team that can bring in about five players who are very close in quality and arguably better in some cases than the guys they'll replace.

If I was in charge I'd bring in Wyn Jones, Henderson, Beirne (6), Faletau, Price, Adams and Williams and Watson and Russell to the bench. Harsh on Conan who has consistently done what's asked of him to drop out completely but he's such an attritional player that I can't see him having a winning impact anyway. The rest can't have any major complaints.

You'd really want Sexton and Slade as options to bring in though, it wouldn't result in total rugby but you'd definitely get the strong runners the lions do have in the backs to see a bit of action.

Will reserve judgement until the teams are announced but just by virtue of the changes the lions can make I'd have them slight favourites in an attritional tie though. I really hope I'm wrong because they were so bad on Saturday, displaying exactly why Gatland isn't a popular coach, it'd be a shame if more success followed.

Sober reading isn't it, while I am all for advocating changes (Hogg has not done enough for me as a Scot), how hard can we be on the backs when they saw no ball in hands?
Hogg was terrible in the air. Got to go I'm afraid.

Posted Henderson in for AWJ on a WRU post.

Got lots of imaginative abuse.
Watched the game finally, really wish I hadn't. More or less went how I expected in the end, SA kept their focus and reaped the rewards. If the lions ring the changes today I'd still have them as marginal favourites though because even though SA are probably the best team out there at playing 3+ consecutive weeks it's a huge ask to beat a team that can bring in about five players who are very close in quality and arguably better in some cases than the guys they'll replace.

If I was in charge I'd bring in Wyn Jones, Henderson, Beirne (6), Faletau, Price, Adams and Williams and Watson and Russell to the bench. Harsh on Conan who has consistently done what's asked of him to drop out completely but he's such an attritional player that I can't see him having a winning impact anyway. The rest can't have any major complaints.

You'd really want Sexton and Slade as options to bring in though, it wouldn't result in total rugby but you'd definitely get the strong runners the lions do have in the backs to see a bit of action.

Will reserve judgement until the teams are announced but just by virtue of the changes the lions can make I'd have them slight favourites in an attritional tie though. I really hope I'm wrong because they were so bad on Saturday, displaying exactly why Gatland isn't a popular coach, it'd be a shame if more success followed.
Agree with all this.

Foolishly suggested Henderson for AWJ on the WRU FB post. Why is everyone so tribal and biased? AWJ has become a cult like figure you can't talk out against now. Anyone would have thought he's in his prime of his career... Love the man, but like a lot of you guys echo on here is be hesitant to pick him over 4 locks right now (one who isn't even on tour).

Latest posts