• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British and Irish Lions - Test 3

Well done SA, played to their strengths, organised, hard to break down and didn't look like losing in games 2/3.

Poor selections. Poor tactics. Poor tour. Shame to see Gats go out like this but go out he does. Awful lions tour in general.

Fitting end to a turd series. Think SA will get pumped in the rugby championship by a half decent side.

Fitting end to a turd series. Think SA will get pumped in the rugby championship by a half decent side.

But they won't care
Watch Me Dab Hillary Clinton GIF

Two knock ons in the last 10 gave them the platform to win.

However, under no circumstance do you take your captain off.

I mean this is going a little far, but we definitely made them look more difficult to beat than they are.

I do want to say that whilst individual players have made dumb mistakes, it's not fair to put this on any of them. It sits squarely with the coaching and tactical approach.

Hell of a tour! That could have gone either way in the last 15 minutes.

Harsh for AWJ on his last tour, however tests at this level are won on fine margins. If a chance arises you have to take it. Compare and contrast if you will. Williams has a clear 2 on 1, all he has to do is offload to Adams (bread and butter for all levels, and some of the first things we learn in the game. Draw the last tackler, square them up and offload for your team mate to run it in). He took ball into contact. Then SA get exactly the same chance and Willie Le Roux and Kolbe take it....On such tests such moments mean everything and affect many things.

Lions would have won the series if Hugo Keenan started all 3 tests at 15. Genuinely. Of Halfpenny for that matter.

Can't believe I'm saying this but Keith Earls on the wing would have been a huge upgrade too.

You bring Beard on for AWJ and what was the point in that?

Was seriously asking for Henderson or Berne to replace him

Definitely not worth the £10 for NowTV

Lions deserved to lose it. Pathetic strategy, complete stubbornness. If I hear Squidge Rugby say Warren Gatland is one of the greatest coaches in world rugby again I'll go ******* mental.
Why the **** did we kick that in the 76th minute. What a ******* disaster.

Your first mistake was actually listening to anything Squidge says.

When the bench came on the tempo went up and SA were struggling. They were never going to live with players who play at high tempo. Indeed if we had adopted that game as I thought we would when the Lions were selected by Gats we may well have. However Gats went back to type...against Australia, possibly even the ABs it may of been enough, but it played directly into SA's style...and the pendulum swung towards them. Fair play to SA, overall deserve the series win.