• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British & Irish Lions - Test 1

Yeah I don't really think anything goes too far here. I think this tour has seen a real disliking of Gatland in Ireland and England, and there's nothing wrong or surprising there, be perceived as anti-Welsh. AWJ as captain and locked in starter is a pick only Gatland would make and that's where comments against him are coming from, everyone saw it a mile off which didn't help either.

As for the other stuff, it goes everyway, I'm famously racist against Scotland for suggesting they couldn't read before an Ireland v Scotland game. Olyy and Tigs don't pull punches with Ireland either. The entire forum was supporting every team England played in the Euros. Its just one of those things that if you take to heart every time you're going to see it far more for Wales than anyone else especially at a time they're in the firing line a bit more due to a) Gatland as mentioned and b) Being successful this season in a very unconventional way.

But as above, take a break if it's taking a toll, no one here has any motive to be on here other than to talk rugby and have a bit of craic but everyone can get too invested in an argument or row for sure. Near all is forgotten if you keep off the site for a week or so.

Edit: Just to add I rate you massively as a poster @Welsh Exile and would be disappointed to see you go, but do what's best for you!

Yeah, I'm sorry if you feel things are too personal but nothing is ever meant/intended to be felt that way - it's all just jokes

I dislike Gatland but that's because he's spent the last 15yrs of his career actively trying to be disliked by the opposition - he'd probably be insulted if you said you liked him but didn't support a side he coaches, I have no ill will against the Welsh/Welsh side at all

TBF being a Sale supporter Oly is basically Irish.
It's the other way round, the Irish all support Sale in the same way that England fans all support England u20s

Edit: Just to add I rate you massively as a poster Welsh Exile and would be disappointed to see you go, but do what's best for you!
I'm going to second this we don't have a lot of good Welsh posters so the voice can be drowned out a fair more compared to the Irish and English. For some reason we seam to attract a whole bunch of Welsh cranks during tournaments so its always good to have the better ones drowning them out as well.

Yeah, hope you stay around Welsh Exile. Hope everything is ok with you personally and sorry to hear you got bad news today!

Also on rugby the Boks moved their announcement up to today which seems odd for a team who are surely slightly against the clock on a few players being fit.

Also on rugby the Boks moved their announcement up to today which seems odd for a team who are surely slightly against the clock on a few players being fit.
I think that's why they've moved it up - read on twitter a few players were confirmed as out, yesterday, so I guess that makes selection easier

And Elstadt over any of the Du Preez', i just don't know....Smit at 8 I don't understand. I take it Marcell Coetzee is hurt, otherwise I would tell Rassie to **** off.

That prop selection is very odd. Also seems strange to have both Elton and Willemse on the bench - Elton only covers 10 and doesn't Willemse only really cover 10 and 15?

Lead Lions into false sense of security so they start Mako (would be a joke if they did reagrdless) and then do subs after 20 mins?

I dunno seams odd to me.

Amazed at the following selections

1. Smith instead of Wiese , Wiese is the natural successor to Vermeulen
2. Nyakane instead of Malherbe, Malherbe is the worlds best THP
3. Niche instead of Kitshoff, Kitshoff is the worlds best LHP
4. Elton instead of Morne Steyn. Elton is a choker

Without Duane we need another big guy at 8....either of the Du Preez twins or Marcel would be perfect....

PS:I'm not convinced about Wiese yet.

Smith at 8 confuses me also.
My guess maybe is that they think Watson might get picked and are trying to pick someone as mobile to keep up with him.

Latest posts