• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa VS Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Welsh team has been announced.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...lsh/7430027.stm

Wales team to play South Africa at Bloemfontein on June 7: Jamie Roberts; Mark Jones, Tom Shanklin, Sonny Parker, Shane Williams; Stephen Jones, Gareth Cooper; Gethin Jenkins, Matthew Rees, Adam Jones, Ian Gough, Alun-Wyn Jones, Jonathan Thomas, Dafydd Jones, Ryan Jones (capt)

Replacements: Duncan Jones, Richard Hibbard, Ian Evans, Gareth Delve, Warren Fury, James Hook, Morgan Stoddard

There's a couple of interesting decisions.

In the backrow, Gatland has decided to play Dafydd Jones at no 7 instead of moving Jonathan Thomas.

At 10, Gatland has gone with the reliable Stephen Jones, though expect Hook to have a good 20-30mins.

Unfortunately Sonny Parker has been given the 12 shirt. I've never been a fan of the Parker-Shanklin midfield, mainly because the ball rarely get's passed Parkers hands. But I suppose I have to trust Gatland decisions, he's made the right calls in every game till now.

Mark Jones retains his wing position, whilst Jamie Roberts comes in for the injured Lee Burne at full back.

What does everyone think? Has Gatland made the right calls? Suppose only time will tell!

I'm just happy Tom James wasn't picked. He's just too slow, and Habana and Chavanga (sp?) would have had a field day chipping over him and regathering.

Cant wait for this game B)
[/b]
Me too. This should be a great match for a neutral. Two passionate rugby nations going head to head. And I expect nothing but 100% from the Welsh, I really want to see a good contest.

Also, I read a headline on the home page that Stephen Jones is gonna get the nod instead of Hook. That appointment and the fact the Welsh scrum is bigger than usual, suggests Gatland is gonna try grind out a victory with some conservative play. Good idea I say, but only if we gonna pick Watson and Spies.

lol the saffas think there going to bully us, but in the words of warren gatland "ID LIKE TO SEE THESE SOUTH AFRICANS TRY AND BULLY US"

were taking you to school lads!! gunna pummell your buttocks into oblivion :p

xxxxxx

We are by no means going to bully the Welsh...... just run around them!!! :p

<div class='quotemain'> prediction

wales 40
south africa 13 [/b]

There's the Lora we know and love. lol.
[/b][/quote]
... and pity

<div class='quotemain'>

wales 40
south africa 13 [/b]

[/b][/quote]
... and pity
[/b][/quote]
You pity the truth? :huh:

cant wait to get physcial with some big strong south africans on saturday :p always love playing with the saffas :p woooiieeeeee :p
xxxxxx

cant wait to get physcial with some big strong south africans on saturday :p always love playing with the saffas :p woooiieeeeee :p
xxxxxx
[/b]
Calm down there cowboy, keep it in your pants :lol:
Please.. tell me those x's aren't what I think they are

Can't see Wales losing this one. Gatland's got a 5/5 record, while de Villiers hasn't won a match yet. :p

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

wales 40
south africa 13 [/b]

[/b][/quote]
... and pity
[/b][/quote]
You pity the truth? :huh:
[/b][/quote]
If Lora's show name is "the truth", then yes :huh:

:p

be quiet danny, its not my fault i dont like england...

but the saffas on the other hand... diff story completely

huge, physical, warriors of men :eek: i just cant wait, saturdays going to be incredible :p

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&am...81318115C238532

John Smit's lucky number 50

John Smit will become the first Springbok captain to lead South Africa in 50 tests when they face Wales in Bloemfontein on Saturday.

"It's a fantastic honour," said Smit after coach Peter de Villiers confirmed his selection in a media release on Monday.

But he added: "Believe me it's the last thing on my mind - Wales give us more than enough of a challenge to keep our minds totally on winning the match."

De Villiers said: "We are all immensely proud of what he will achieve on Saturday. He's too modest to admit it himself, but it really is something big - especially when you consider the modern day merry-go-round of test captains."
Under former coach Jake White, Smit led the Springboks to World Cup triumph in France last year and lifted the Tri-Nations trophy in 2004.

Smit, the fifth most-capped Springbok of all time, will be winning his 76th cap on Saturday. [/b]

Amazing milestone for Smit, so glad it's gonna happen on home soil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts