• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Split: SavageLes protests that he's not a South African (but fails miserably)

Sure, our provincial sides are better than both New Zealand's and Australia's, but really guys. International rugby is a different kettle of fish. Any bloody team in the 'big league' can beat another if they are 100% on their game. Get real SavageLez. We had a great season last year, and won everything.

"Sure, our provincial sides are better than both New Zealand's and Australia's, but really guys. International rugby is a different kettle of fish."

Funny how you can use facts and state we have the best provincial sides but I can't state facts for the international side. Double standards mate! You just make me laugh!!!!

Get back to the start mate: WE ARE TRYING TO RATE THE TOP TEAMS AND PLAYERS FOR THE RUGBY 2012 GAME YOU FREAK!

No you're not, you're determined to hijack every damn thread on the board and make everyone all preach about how South Africa are so amazing despite being hard done by due to IRB rulings and politics. Then you're pathetically covering that fact up by pretending to be a Scot despite living & Posting in Durban while displaying absoloutely nothing to do so, not even the tiniest hint of Scottishness.

You're insulting members of the board names for not having the same opinions as you and you're responding to reasoned debate and logical discussion with aggressiveness and attitude.

That is why this thread has been split away from the rugby 2012 team ratings thread, because we do not want your sort hijacking and killing that area of the board.

If I catch you hurling abuse at other members again, I will give you your final warning.

Now behave yourself or fu*k off.

1. Grammar.

2. Keep insulting me, and you will be banned.

3. I have been here way longer than you, who probably jumped on the bandwagon to voice your biased opinions on the upcoming HB Studios game. I have a lot more respect from other members than you do, and anything i post is also of a more intelligent, and better thought out nature. You are a WUM with nothing but embarrassing air coming from whatever you post.

4. Do you actually think anybody is taking you seriously? It's fine to voice opinions, but you think that everything you state is fact, regardless of the fact the EVERY SINGLE MEMBER disagrees with what you have to say.

5. What does this thread have to do with Rugby 2012? It's in the 'International rugby discussion' section, and nowhere is anything stated about the game, or team ratings.

6. You think you are so clever? Get your head out of the clouds. There are people on here who know far more about rugby than you do.

No you're not, you're determined to hijack every damn thread on the board and make everyone all preach about how South Africa are so amazing despite being hard done by due to IRB rulings and politics. Then you're pathetically covering that fact up by pretending to be a Scot despite living & Posting in Durban while displaying absoloutely nothing to do so, not even the tiniest hint of Scottishness.

You're insulting members of the board names for not having the same opinions as you and you're responding to reasoned debate and logical discussion with aggressiveness and attitude.

That is why this thread has been split away from the rugby 2012 team ratings thread, because we do not want your sort hijacking and killing that area of the board.

If I catch you hurling abuse at other members again, I will give you your final warning.

nph.gif

Funny how you can use facts and state we have the best provincial sides but I can't state facts for the international side. Double standards mate! You just make me laugh!!!!

Um, yes, we just won the Super 14, and had 2 teams in the final. Meaning, we have the best provincial sides of the 3 SH Nations, AS THE COMPETITION JUST ENDED A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. The Tri-Nations HAS NOT STARTED YET, and we have not been measured against New Zealand or Australia this year have we? Yet you are convinced that we are better than both, because of last years results? Please try to think before you post.

And seeing as Scotland beat Ireland, that means Scotland are better than SA
But wait, France also beat Ireland, so they must be better than them, but then lost to SA :huh:
Somehow something doesn't add up...

And Argentina just beat France, so they must be at least as good as South Africa. :rolleyes:

Like I said, you're only as good as your next game. touche.gif

Bullit:

I do not need to vindicate where I come from, I did not say that I live in Scotland. I am Scottish and no, I do not live anywhere near Durban. I live in Grahamstown . My reason for joining this forum was to convey my opinions and outlook on the game being developed by HB Studios. I have done so and had some good deliberations as well as debates and that is great. I have since found some good posts on the forum.
I do not appreciate your double standards that are set and I do not care how long you have been on this forum. It does not entitle you to treat anybody aggressively. Your predisposed opinions are clouding your own judgment. Treat all forum members equally!
I do not see any warnings directed at Jericho who treated me with aggressiveness and attitude.
I apologise if I have offended you, please don't read my posts in future. I have had some great discussions with other members who have voiced their opinions objectively and who don't take my posts personally.

Play fair!

Bullit:

I do not need to vindicate where I come from, I did not say that I live in Scotland. I am Scottish and no, I do not live anywhere near Durban. I live in Grahamstown . My reason for joining this forum was to convey my opinions and outlook on the game being developed by HB Studios. I have done so and had some good deliberations as well as debates and that is great. I have since found some good posts on the forum.
I do not appreciate your double standards that are set and I do not care how long you have been on this forum. It does not entitle you to treat anybody aggressively. Your predisposed opinions are clouding your own judgment. Treat all forum members equally!
I do not see any warnings directed at Jericho who treated me with aggressiveness and attitude.
I apologise if I have offended you, please don't read my posts in future. I have had some great discussions with other members who have voiced their opinions objectively and who don't take my posts personally.

Play fair!

Well you did have your nationality set as Scottish and your location being set somewhere in South Africa.

Also Bullitt is quite correct in telling you to stop derailing threads and to keep on topic. Just think of the amount of new users we have had in the last couple of months and so many of them cannot follow the simple forum rules. They come onto this forum post what they like and then just bugger off, without even bothering contributing to other parts of the site. The new guys also treat the old guys with much competent and come onto this forum wanting the same respect as the older guys. You got to earn the respect first, its not automatically granted as soon as they come onto this forum.

Last edited:
Um, yes, we just won the Super 14, and had 2 teams in the final. Meaning, we have the best provincial sides of the 3 SH Nations, AS THE COMPETITION JUST ENDED A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. The Tri-Nations HAS NOT STARTED YET, and we have not been measured against New Zealand or Australia this year have we? Yet you are convinced that we are better than both, because of last years results? Please try to think before you post.

Jer1cho - Where do you draw the line on most recent results? If somebody asks you who the best Super 14 team is in December 2010 your answer will surely be the Bulls because they won the last Super 14 and because of their most recent matches in the S14. Well, that is exactly what I have based my opinion on. Let me then ask you, who is the best Tri Nations team and who has had the best results out of the Tri Nations team in the TRi Nations in recent times? Reply with the answer?

And.... as I have mentioned before and I will say it again. If Australia or New Zealand win this years Tri Nations then my opinion will change. I do not think SA will remain the best. Do you understand that? This is my current opinion and opinions can change depending on results. I would love to see if you ridicule my opinion if NZ win and I say NZ are the best team for 2010?

Last edited:
Putting in bold that others have double standards does not hide the fact you have them yourself lez

and if you are scottish how come you said we have best club team when you were refering to south african clubs????

Also Bullitt is quite correct in telling you to stop derailing threads and to keep on topic. Just think of the amount of new users we have had in the last couple of months and so many of them cannot follow the simple forum rules.

You are quite right. This is how this thread started. I was NEW in the Rugby 2012 section, rating players and teams. I did not know how the forum worked and got caught up in a debate about why I think SA should be rate above NZ if the game were to be released now as HB Studios were asking for rankings and ratings. My posts were rightly moved to prevent disorder. Some people would not accept my opinions as just that and resorted to personal attack to which I stupidly responded to. I have since had some good discussions and debates with others that do not attack or take offence and take my opinions as just that OPINIONS! They can and will change depending on the Tri nations, followed by the rugby World Cup!

And Argentina just beat France, so they must be at least as good as South Africa. :rolleyes:

Like I said, you're only as good as your next game. View attachment 242

If that is what you go by then who do you think is the best Tri Nations team if you were to rate them for the NEW Rugby 2012 game?
You can't surely have a best side with your phrase. If NZ win against SA in NZ in a week or two's time, you can then surely not say NZ are because they are only as strong as their next match which they might lose.

Enlighten me?

Well you did have your nationality set as Scottish and your location being set somewhere in South Africa.

Also Bullitt is quite correct in telling you to stop derailing threads and to keep on topic. Just think of the amount of new users we have had in the last couple of months and so many of them cannot follow the simple forum rules. They come onto this forum post what they like and then just bugger off, without even bothering contributing to other parts of the site. The new guys also treat the old guys with much competent and come onto this forum wanting the same respect as the older guys. You got to earn the respect first, its not automatically granted as soon as they come onto this forum.

I'm not Savage's biggest fan, but I have to say all this crap about respect, it is a forum, and one persons opinion is as valid as the next, just because you don't agree with it and the majority don't agree with it, doesn't mean you or anybody else has respect. This is a forum, respect doesn't exist on a forum, because it is just text, with a bunch of opinions, and no opinion can be respected, because that still isn't earning respect.

On topic.

South Africa has the best provincial side in the world right now, whether you agree with it or not, they do, the other teams might be ****, but they still have the best side.

The rugby world cup, while still in the Boks hands, is irrelevant today, because that was a team from two years ago, under a different coach. The Tri-Nations, is irrelevant because the Boks have already handed the trophy back (about a month ago), so no longer hold the trophy. South Africa did beat the All Blacks three times in a row, but then again, South Africa also lost to France 23-15, while the All Blacks beat France 39-12 the next week.

Previous performances do not mean a thing, because you are only as good as your next game, this is true. The Bulls won the Super 14, does that mean if they lose to the Lions 200-0 in the first round of the Super 14, are they still champions? No, because that was a previous tournament and clearly, you are not champions if you can't beat the Lions.

Very good post, I agree with your statement about Bulls not being champions if they lost to Lions and it is a new tourny. That means the line is drawn at the begining of the next tourny as to who the champions are! Well, if that is the case then SA are the current Tri Nations champs until the next tourny starts. Hence my opinion that SA should be rated above NZ currently.

As mentioned before, my opinion will change if NZ or OZ win this years Tri Nations

Very good post, I agree with your statement about Bulls not being champions if they lost to Lions and it is a new tourny. That means the line is drawn at the begining of the next tourny as to who the champions are! Well, if that is the case then SA are the Tri Nations champs until the next tourny starts. Hence my opinion that SA should be rated above NZ currently.

As mentioned before, my opinion will change if NZ or OZ win this years Tri Nations

I think the problem most people including myself were having with saying that, is that the game is Rugby 2012, coming out in 2011, meaning 2009 is now irrelevant. If it were made now, released tomorrow, then I would have no choice but to agree with you, because facts are facts, but because the game comes out next year, it is pointless doing rankings, just look how quickly rankings can change, France were 3rd last week, will be 4th again this week, maybe 5th after losing to Argentina. It fluctuates so much, that I think even discussing team ratings now is completely pointless and should be done in 2011.

I think the problem most people including myself were having with saying that, is that the game is Rugby 2012, coming out in 2011, meaning 2009 is now irrelevant. If it were made now, released tomorrow, then I would have no choice but to agree with you, because facts are facts, but because the game comes out next year, it is pointless doing rankings, just look how quickly rankings can change, France were 3rd last week, will be 4th again this week, maybe 5th after losing to Argentina. It fluctuates so much, that I think even discussing team ratings now is completely pointless and should be done in 2011.

I totally agree with you! The post should be removed and rankings should only be requested after next years Tri Nations and Super 14!

So finally, after 12 pages of discussion/arguing/debateing/chirping/insulting, we come to the conclusion that...

No conclusion can be drawn until the year 2011 :eek:

:rolleyes:

So finally, after 12 pages of discussion/arguing/debateing/chirping/insulting, we come to the conclusion that...

No conclusion can be drawn until the year 2011 :eek:

:rolleyes:

its debating. sorry that was unnecessary, but i couldn't help myself. i apoligize in advance for any inconvenience caused, or any families affected by that incident.

Latest posts