• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sport and drugs

There's people you admire and people you copy.

My sig, for example, contains sportsmen I admire. Nigel Reo-Coker for being a Villa player and being a rare honest footballer. Michael Bisping for being Britain's best mma fighter, and a decent guy to boot. Delon Armitage for being my favourite England player, Richard Haughton same for Saracens, and Joe Ajuwa same for Richmond. Greg Inglis because he's the most talented player I've seen in any code of football. Owais Shah because he's the best player at Middlesex, who I support. And David Haye because I like him and he's a good British boxer. And Dwain Chambers for being better than all the other wasting British sprinters clean or not.

However, I would never try and copy anything they've done. I'm quite happy to make my own mind up for myself.

With drugs, I've had peer pressure from one side and authority pressure on the other, and come up with my own system of values whereby I'm happy with some and won't go near others.

With everything else, I've used my brain to make my own choices for myself. Dwain Chambers is a great example, because I have a lot of admiration for him but at the same time, I have no respect for the period when he was cheating and I myself would never dream of doing performance enhancing drugs.

I said before, I have no sympathy with Followers. Under normal circumstances, doing something just because someone else does it is NEVER an excuse. Each of us has our own brain, we should use it to decide what's best for ourselves. I have absolutely no respect for SHEEP.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Aug 10 2009, 02:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The core of the problem is that it is more valued by the society to be a sportsman than a scientist. Look no further. And the mimicking problem, come on. This is an education problem.[/b]
Nah, it's a human nature problem.

You lefties - pfff. Every problem has a solution, and we're here to solve it for you.

TehMite says Sailor is scum - probably a fair assessment, because we're talking about an experienced man who still knows no better. But with Matt Stevens I reckon it's fair to let him take the punishment and get back to what he's good at. Maybe coke is what he's good at ... but it's probably rugby. Second chances are a good thing in life.

Latest posts