• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stealing candy from your little brother

S

Southern man

Seems like Wellington sees the Naki asabit of a threat, so they are taking they best players. How typical.

http://www.tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/601457
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Wellington Rugby on Tuesday announced the signing of Taranaki flanker Chris Masoe for the 2006 and 2007 seasons.

The 102kg loose forward said that while the decision to transfer to Wellington was an extremely difficult one to make, several factors ultimately swayed his choice.

Masoe has been at Taranaki since 2001 after starting with Wanganui in 1999-2000 and has been in the Hurricanes for Super 12 since 2003.

"This decision (to move) has been the hardest one I've had to make in my rugby career and so family became a major influence in my decision," Masoe said.

"I now have a young family and it is very hard to uproot them every six months.

"Getting an All Blacks trial this season and playing for the Junior All Blacks has also made me reset my goals.

"But those goals are in the future and I'm enjoying my rugby at present and I want to do as well as I can for Genesis Taranaki in the Air New Zealand NPC.

"It means a lot to me playing for Taranaki and I want to thank them by playing the best I can this season."

Wellington Lions coach John Plumtree said that he is looking forward to the prospect of Masoe joining Wellington next year.

"He is a very versatile loose forward who can play all three positions but I'll have to see what is best for the team and balance that with what is best for Chris when he plays for us," said Plumtree.[/b]

interesting nz hearld reckoned he would go to the blues must have been a typo.

****. that is so f***ing stupid...if it is as everyone suspects as the top provinces are feelin threatened then this sucks

hows our competition suppose to grow with this crap?

not fair at all...poor naki

yeah for sure and would he even start for the hurricanes at 7? I know Collins and so'oialo have 6 and 8 locked down by what about 7. It will be ok in the npc as the abs are gone but what happens when they come back will he be benched or will he start

that other dude that wellington stole
herring i think?....he plays 7..

true chiro masoe will proabbly be bench in super 12 although he did start ahead of herring in the super 12 this yea didn't he. npc he will proabbly be bench with wellington at full strength.

Originally posted by Southern man@Aug 2 2005, 05:41 PM
Seems like Wellington sees the Naki asabit of a threat, so they are taking they best players. How typical.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Wellington Rugby on Tuesday announced the signing of Taranaki flanker Chris Masoe for the 2006 and 2007 seasons.

The 102kg loose forward said that while the decision to transfer to Wellington was an extremely difficult one to make, several factors ultimately swayed his choice.

Masoe has been at Taranaki since 2001 after starting with Wanganui in 1999-2000 and has been in the Hurricanes for Super 12 since 2003.

"This decision (to move) has been the hardest one I've had to make in my rugby career and so family became a major influence in my decision," Masoe said.

"Getting an All Blacks trial this season and playing for the Junior All Blacks has also made me reset my goals.

"But those goals are in the future and I'm enjoying my rugby at present and I want to do as well as I can for Genesis Taranaki in the Air New Zealand NPC.

"It means a lot to me playing for Taranaki and I want to thank them by playing the best I can this season."

Wellington Lions coach John Plumtree said that he is looking forward to the prospect of Masoe joining Wellington next year.

"He is a very versatile loose forward who can play all three positions but I'll have to see what is best for the team and balance that with what is best for Chris when he plays for us," said Plumtree.
[/b][/quote]
Oh You can talk look how many players Otago have taken over the last couple of years at least 3 from Nth Harbour in 2 years, and then you have the cheek to have a go at Wellington pfft pathetic.

I would say the reason he's pointing it out is precisely because people keep going on about Otago 'stealing' players, when clearly they're not the only ones.

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan+Aug 6 2005, 02:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan @ Aug 6 2005, 02:53 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Southern man
@Aug 2 2005, 05:41 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

"He is a very versatile loose forward who can play all three positions but I'll have to see what is best for the team and balance that with what is best for Chris when he plays for us," said Plumtree.
[/b]
Oh You can talk look how many players Otago have taken over the last couple of years at least 3 from Nth Harbour in 2 years, and then you have the cheek to have a go at Wellington pfft pathetic. [/b][/quote]
Atleast we don't do it to Southland, I guess Wellington don't care about the strength of their franchise partners.

PLayers we have taken from Harbour? What all two of them, Don't wellington have a few Southlanders in their team?

Wellington poach as much if not more than other provinces.

Latest posts