• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stormers kiss!

B

Bull

Scrumhalf Bolla Conradie was so overcome with joy at scoring the first try against the Cats on Saturday that he kissed captain De Wet Barry on the cheek - opening the "Pretty Boy Stormers" to more ridicule from their up-country rivals.

Despite the nature of contact sport rugby's close encounters, kissing is rare and much more synonymous with soccer players and their over-the-top celebrations.

Former Springbok and WP flank Rob Louw couldn't help chuckling and said it could have repercussions for the Stormers this season: "You know what they say about the Cape boys; it can only get worse now," he quipped on television in reference to the "Pretty Boy" tag the team were labelled with in the days when image-conscious players such as Bob Skinstad, Percy Montgomery and Breyton Paulse played for the side.

Bolla, however, had amnesia about the kiss and said it was only on arrival back in Cape Town on Sunday, when his four-year-old son Conwell asked him about the love tap, that he became aware of it.

"I honestly don't remember it and neither does De Wet, who said nothing to me about it after the game.

"Pagey (Barry) and I have come a long way, with WP, the Stormers and the Boks. It was such a happy feeling going over to score our first try in this year's Super 14, that's all," he said. [/b]

If they do that on the field, I wonder what they do in the changeroom? :toss:

Originally posted by Bull@Feb 14 2006, 01:27 AM
If they do that on the field, I wonder what they do in the changeroom? :toss:
I highly doubt they **** in the changing room. Think again.

Sorry guys but I don't see the problem with a kiss on the cheek among team mates and friends alike. This is nothing sexual, Italians with their OTT character always do something similar.....or walking down the street holding hands....you also see holding hands among alot of same sex Africans.....Even the mafia loves kissing and those blokes are tough as nails.....Everytime I see any of my mates we shake hands while at the same time offering each other a shoulder for a hug.

I think it says alot about people who interpret things like this as inherently sexual No offence meant towards you Bull. People who are sure of and comfortable with their own sexual orientation doesn't think about their actions as being interpreted as sexual all of the time, in my opinion.

Benji Marshall is forever kissing his team mates

I dont see that much wrong with it ...although id rather see somone K.O De Wet Barry than kiss him

kiss.gif

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Feb 14 2006, 04:33 AM
Benji Marshall is forever kissing his team mates

I dont see that much wrong with it ...although id rather see somone K.O De Wet Barry than kiss him

kiss.gif
benji marshall kisses his team mates abit too much

Originally posted by Quintes@Feb 13 2006, 04:49 PM
I think it says alot about people who interpret things like this as inherently sexual No offence meant towards you Bull. People who are sure of and comfortable with their own sexual orientation doesn't think about their actions as being interpreted as sexual all of the time, in my opinion.
Man don't make assumptions about me or try to judge me, I'm not saying that's what your trying to do. Different people see things like this in a different light.

It's amazing that people can make a big a deal as something as stupid as this. Good to see a bit of emotion on the field.

A smack on the head would be much more appropriate but then again, with those `Kaapstadt`ers you can expect all there is to it!

I bet those `innovative fags` (the only thing inteligent produced by the `one liner` Wally was that remark towards Sydney) from Sydney develop some envy for not thinking first at this :D :D

Originally posted by Bull+Feb 14 2006, 06:27 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Quintes
@Feb 13 2006, 04:49 PM
Man don't make assumptions about me or try to judge me, I'm not saying that's what your trying to do. Different people see things like this in a different light. [/b]
That's what "no offence meant to you Bull" means. You just told the story I didn't say you interpreted it wrong mate. Sorry man, didn't mean to annoy you....can I say sorry with a kiss?? :bleh!:

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 14 2006, 11:49 AM
To be fair, it was quite a manly kiss.
Damn straight!

Anyway I don't care about Bolla's sexual orientation it was just good to see the lad finally hit some form!

Originally posted by Quintes+Feb 14 2006, 11:12 AM-->
Originally posted by Bull@Feb 14 2006, 06:27 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Quintes

Man don't make assumptions about me or try to judge me, I'm not saying that's what your trying to do. Different people see things like this in a different light.
That's what "no offence meant to you Bull" means. You just told the story I didn't say you interpreted it wrong mate. Sorry man, didn't mean to annoy you....can I say sorry with a kiss?? :bleh!: [/b]
I didn't take offence from the comment you made, I just wanted to get my point off view across. I didn't post this topic to make assumptions or point fingers at Stormers players saying they're fags or so. I just found it funny because we know that if Stormers players does something like this they'll come in fore some flack.

Originally posted by Bull+Feb 14 2006, 11:10 AM-->
Originally posted by Quintes@Feb 14 2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Bull@Feb 14 2006, 06:27 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Quintes

That's what "no offence meant to you Bull" means. You just told the story I didn't say you interpreted it wrong mate. Sorry man, didn't mean to annoy you....can I say sorry with a kiss?? :bleh!:
I didn't take offence from the comment you made, I just wanted to get my point off view across. I didn't post this topic to make assumptions or point fingers at Stormers players saying they're fags or so. I just found it funny because we know that if Stormers players does something like this they'll come in fore some flack. [/b]
I understand, we speaka the same language my blue blooded fellow member! .......So is that a yes for the kiss then?

Latest posts