• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Street Fighter IV

R

RC

Ok, so i just saw a trailer for this game.
Now, I loved playing this back when i had a Sega Megadrive. It was one of my favourite fighting games. I loved all the characters, i loved their fighting styles and how so many of the varied. It was the first game of that kind i ever played (before Tekken became my obsession). I loved at first just bashing the buttons and winning fights. But then my friends would come over and win. You then begin to learn it's not about mashing the pad. You've got to understand the buttons. It's awesome. So i've got a soft spot for this game and i just have one question:

Is it gonna be as **** as it looks?

It's been made by Dimps. The two game series I am most familiar with that are their work are probably the Dragonball Z: Budokai series and the Sonic Advance series.

So its going to either be a fine if rather unassuming brawler, or a psuedo attempt at trying to recreate former glories but relying far too heavily on bottomless pits and spike traps.

I think graphically it looks rad.....I'm really digging the cel shaded/water colourish style they've gone with. Although having just released bloody "Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD" (i think thats the whole ***le) on xbox live arcade, and prob PS Store as well, they'll have to make sure they've really got the balancing right or the hardcores will set them on fire.....with a blue fireball.

Me I think I'll buy it for nostalga's sake, I'm not a huge fighter fan, but me and my mates do like to get drunk and bust out the old SF2 on Live Arcade every now and then. Now if only they'd make a new TMNT arcade game with awesome new cel shaded graphics..............

(btw has anyone seen how awesome the cel shading is in the new glut of JRPG's being released, bloody awesome. Almost makes me want to sit throught 60 hours of boring and cliched conversations and annoying random battles..................almost)

I <3 cel-shading. Always have, ever since Jet Set Radio. Always will.

Oh, and its "Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix". I assume Capcom were trying to parody themselves and their incongrously long Street Fighter II ***les.