• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestions/ideas for Rugby 2012

Hi Guys I am really stoked about the new game coming. A important thing for me is the laws of the game to be correct and the interpretations of the laws as well. There were a couple of things were the laws were completely wrong in 08 so please take a look at the laws of the game on the IRB website talk to some referees as well. I am one and it will help you a lot to get the insight they have the reasoning behind some decisions made on field you will learn a couple of new things and get a better insight as to how the game works.

As well as the other leagues mentioned to get lisences for this game, I would also like to see the Top 14 (France) and the Super 10 (Italy) lisenced for this game. Also, the ability to make your own team and make it fully customisable would be nice.

Im going to have to go ahead and suggest that people read as much of the thread as possible before commenting on any of the following ideas, especially if their suggestion begins with the words "i bet no-one has thought of...":

sevens

be a pro/superstar mode

player / team editor

licenses / licensing

Im going to have to go ahead and suggest that people read as much of the thread as possible before commenting on any of the following ideas, especially if their suggestion begins with the words "i bet no-one has thought of...":

sevens

be a pro/superstar mode

player / team editor

licenses / licensing

Well done, especially when the same suggestions are on the same damn page.. haha...

1.Better defensive tackles.
2.Updated teams and players.
3.Better try set-ups, than 08-06.
4.Last minute dives to score a try, and to save a try.
5.Referee's to be on the field, and have a selection of refs to chose from, like StuartDickenson etc..
6.Create your on team and tournament .
7.Create stadium.
8.Game add on, like roster updates.
9.More Realistic gameplay.
10.Online play.
11. AND Video ref.
12.New system for drop goals.
13.Every goal kicker should have own style of kicking.
14.Realistic dive tries.
15.Chose to have warm ups before match.
16.Get to go into the locker room.
17.Commentary better, not saying the same stuff over again.
18.Beta version for us to check out and to report any faults or glitches it may have.
19.More gear in create a player mode.
20.Share your created teams/players and tournaments online to be downloaded by other players.
21.Better accessories on create a player, like , new boots, etc. adidas predator/nike mercurial.
22.Have player of the days.
23.Individual interviews with some of the players who played best, after match.
24.Touch judges.
25.New Laws/ELV's.
26.Have a mode that lets you play IRB Sevens

Last edited:
dude read the entire thread. you just posted pretty much everything already mentioned

on the FIFA game they made it so you can unlock continent teams, as in a team made up of the best players of each continent, it would be cool if rugby 2012 had that too, a tri nations team, a pacific nations team (not the P. Islanders team but japan, fiji, samoa, tonga), six nations team etc

or maybe the option to create your own team

Last edited:
My idea relates to some kind of manager mode.

Dont know if it has been mentioned already but you should NOT be able to purchase any player you want just because you have saved the money for them. Each team should posess some kind of percentage statistic regarding their sucesss in the league ie Northampton saints team performance statistic 85% then each player should have a similar statistic ie Dan Carter team expectation statistic 89%.
Each player will only consider a contract if the team stat is above their expectation stat and the money etc is right. This would mean dan carter would not 'CONSIDER' playing for the Saints unless they improve slightly etc.
You could easily base the player stat on their real life reputation and the team stat could include current win loss percentage, training facility level, staduim capacity/attendance etc.

Unknown players could also have this stat depending on their currrent abilities rather than reputation.

Surely this would not be too difficult and it would add a great dimension to the game making your journey to the top longer, more taxing and realistic.

dude read the entire thread. you just posted pretty much everything already mentioned

You realise that if many people post about the same thing, then the devs reading the forums can form a broad view of the opinions of many. If 5 people post about rucks, to every 1 person about licenses, then the devs can use that to put more emphasis on getting rucks right, than licensing for the game.

And as long as it's contained to this thread; it's a good thing!

You realise that if many people post about the same thing, then the devs reading the forums can form a broad view of the opinions of many. If 5 people post about rucks, to every 1 person about licenses, then the devs can use that to put more emphasis on getting rucks right, than licensing for the game.

I know that, But when you make a huge list of everything that has been posted already that's not 5 people posting about rucks opposed to the 1 about licenses,.. thats one person putting their 5 cents everywhere...

My idea relates to some kind of manager mode.

Dont know if it has been mentioned already but you should NOT be able to purchase any player you want just because you have saved the money for them. Each team should posess some kind of percentage statistic regarding their sucesss in the league ie Northampton saints team performance statistic 85% then each player should have a similar statistic ie Dan Carter team expectation statistic 89%.
Each player will only consider a contract if the team stat is above their expectation stat and the money etc is right. This would mean dan carter would not 'CONSIDER' playing for the Saints unless they improve slightly etc.
You could easily base the player stat on their real life reputation and the team stat could include current win loss percentage, training facility level, staduim capacity/attendance etc.

Unknown players could also have this stat depending on their currrent abilities rather than reputation.

Surely this would not be too difficult and it would add a great dimension to the game making your journey to the top longer, more taxing and realistic.

This is an awesome idea

This may be a topic for another board, but I feel that leaving out the 7s circuit would be loss to the game and potential rugby markets, such as Asia, i.e. Hong Kong. I also feel that the focus should be on a brilliant 15 side rugby union in game, however rugby and rugby sevens has the exact same rules? I've played 7s to a high enough standard and find it no harder or different to normal rugby.
Rugby has a huge chance to bring rugby to nations who would never play it, to expand the game and to make it more accessible to people all around the world.

I don't think a rugby game would influence someone to want to join the sport.. I love playing Madden, Football and Golf games but the games have never given me the motivation to want to join the sport... friendly games with friends in the backyard yes but not join a club and play

There have been a few suggestions of extra domestic comps to be included. What I'd love to see is a 4 level career mode. You start your game by selecting a city, eg Dunedin or Sydney. You go to a park team training session, design your player and start your career off by playing in a generic (same for all regions) 6 or 8 team park rugby comp.

Once the player has demonstrated some skill, he can be offered a contract with a local domestic team, like Otago or Southland in the ITM Cup, or a team in the Sydney or Brisbane club rugby (without a domestic comp is Aust) or other domestic leagues. Once the player has established himself at this level, he is offered a Super 14/15 contract, and will be unavailable for club football while on duty. The player can then be selected to play international games, if not, they can drop back to club football.

In the interest of building toward a premiership, the game player can choose to play both the domestic and Super rugby/international series. As the career mode goes on, other domestic teams and super rugby teams can approach them with new contracts etc.

Sorry about the southern hemisphere references, but I hope y'all get the gist.

yeh your right but its still annoying, I mean the devs dont want to trawl through the pages reading the same half thought out ideas, I mean, this is a democraticish process, but at the end of the day the devs just decide which idea is good and which is bad, then if its possible they probably just do it, they wont add up all the mentions and then develop those ideas.
Take a sevens mode for example, that idea is really terrible, but if they chose which ideas to develop simply on mentions, then it would win hands down, but that doesnt mean its not a terrible idea, because it is. Terrible.

But yes youre right, people do need to say what they want from the game, but I just hate the "oh you know what would be an amazing idea that no one else has thought of..." blah blah, just say "be a pro" or "better lineouts".

yeh your right but its still annoying, I mean the devs dont want to trawl through the pages reading the same half thought out ideas, I mean, this is a democraticish process, but at the end of the day the devs just decide which idea is good and which is bad, then if its possible they probably just do it, they wont add up all the mentions and then develop those ideas.
Take a sevens mode for example, that idea is really terrible, but if they chose which ideas to develop simply on mentions, then it would win hands down, but that doesnt mean its not a terrible idea, because it is. Terrible.

But yes youre right, people do need to say what they want from the game, but I just hate the "oh you know what would be an amazing idea that no one else has thought of..." blah blah, just say "be a pro" or "better lineouts".

highly agree

does anyone want there to be a real time physics eninge for the physical aspect of the game????????????????????????????????? nhl's checking engine looks amazing....i no hockey is insanely different from rugby but just instead of animations of tackles making the game look like **** it could flow with physics based tackles.

Cheerleaders/Dancers. I see them as a vital part of Rugby, and will fight for them to be included somehow in the game. Look into it and make it so!

Take a sevens mode for example, that idea is really terrible

Thank you.

i think that the right analog stick should be used for almost every aspect of gameplay, passing kicking, tackling and footwork, a button does not do any of those motions justice. Simply by adding an L1, L2 ...combination to change what the right analog does...to me this hands down seems the best approach.

Also there should be an option to switch off the ball player so you can run an angle and call for a pass at that line breaking moment or alternatively just be a dummy runner, if you do not switch off the ball player the players around you should not always be running the same lines.

To me I believe the most beautiful part of the game is forward and inside back ball retention followed by smooth quick passes along the backline with the winger scoring in the corner. it is simple but endlessly entertaining,

u should be able to chose who jumps at what position in the line out instead of having no5 jump at the front u could have a flanker etc... also ur players should be able to move out of their positions to a degree eg centers could play at wing, fly half, scrum half and full back if they were needed too but their stats would go down when playing out of position depending on where they were playing like a winger playing fly half's stats would go down more than a center or full back for example they could do this if there are some kind of ideal stat levels for each position and how the players compare to that position, and the same with half backs and second and back rows and when a front row goes down injured and u have already used ur front row subs u should be able to bring the palyer u took off back on to cover for them and if u have to play a player out of an interchangable position like a center having to play back row or visa versa instead of the player just dropping the ball all of the time they could run inefective angles or they dont stand in ideal positions ie too deep or not deep enough or too close or too far away u get the idea

Latest posts