• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestions/ideas for Rugby 2012

When will the skills of the players be set? The reason I ask is that a few months make a world of difference. For example if the game had been made mid year last year Will Genia would have bench player with decent to poor attributes. 4 months later he was being held the 2nd best #9 in the world. I think this need to be thought out properly because with the SH on break now and the NH in just starting up now this it the time to draw the line in the sand. I think since this is possiably the last Rugby game for a few years a unique updating system should be available online that allows you to pay to update players at the end of each season whether it be SH, NH, or Tri Nations and Winter Tests. I have played MLB, NCAA, and Madden since the Playstation days and I think this is there biggest fault. There have been some amazing gameplay on these games but then the next year they tweek it and its not as good but if you wanted to get the updated roster because your team had a great recruiting season or draft you had to sacrifice the game play you enjoyed to have updated roster. The reason I fell in love with TRF was because they allowed us to play with current teams through the modders. With the PC version of Rugby 2012 not being talked about I fear will will lose what to me has been the best feature of the Rugby games.

Rucks should be far more realistic.
Side stepping, shoulder charges and hand offs should not be so exaggerated.
No more star players and punting should be adjusted so a star player can not kick the ball 100m.
Kickers should kick with the foot they really do in real life.
Personality should be introduced so well known kickers have their own style.
Collision system or tackling system needs to be changed so tackles are not so extreme(eg. diving tackles)

There are many changes which are required to make this forthcoming Rugby 2012 enjoyable and realisitic.

When will the skills of the players be set? The reason I ask is that a few months make a world of difference. For example if the game had been made mid year last year Will Genia would have bench player with decent to poor attributes. 4 months later he was being held the 2nd best #9 in the world. I think this need to be thought out properly because with the SH on break now and the NH in just starting up now this it the time to draw the line in the sand. I think since this is possiably the last Rugby game for a few years a unique updating system should be available online that allows you to pay to update players at the end of each season whether it be SH, NH, or Tri Nations and Winter Tests. I have played MLB, NCAA, and Madden since the Playstation days and I think this is there biggest fault. There have been some amazing gameplay on these games but then the next year they tweek it and its not as good but if you wanted to get the updated roster because your team had a great recruiting season or draft you had to sacrifice the game play you enjoyed to have updated roster. The reason I fell in love with TRF was because they allowed us to play with current teams through the modders. With the PC version of Rugby 2012 not being talked about I fear will will lose what to me has been the best feature of the Rugby games.

I have to agree

Probably been mentioned, but on Rugby 08, inside and outside centre weren't different positions as far as a player's specialty in position went. IMHO, inside and outside centre can be very different positions, and where there are plenty of fly-halves that can play inside centre, the number that can play outside is far far lower. So I think that the two positions should be split as far as a player's ability to play the positions goes.

Probably been mentioned, but on Rugby 08, inside and outside centre weren't different positions as far as a player's specialty in position went. IMHO, inside and outside centre can be very different positions, and where there are plenty of fly-halves that can play inside centre, the number that can play outside is far far lower. So I think that the two positions should be split as far as a player's ability to play the positions goes.

Definitely agree!!! also props and flankers should have a preferred side as well. Not all props can play tight-head and loose-head, and not all flankers can play blind-side and open-side.

Rugby 2012

I think one potentially really good element for rugby 2012 would be an option to swing a punch or two, depending on how far you go depends how likely you are to be sent off, but perhaps there could sort of be a team confidence or momentum bar, whichever team loses the punch up perhaps loses a chunk of confidence, and errors start creeping into their game?

another cool feature would be classic teams like babas v new zeland of the 70s, and england wc 2003, v australia 2003 just like classic matches, you could have the 70s teams less tough but with a vastly better ability to do sidesteps etc, and in 03 you could have the might of the english pack.

All the usual internationals and leagues should have presidence. although i believe that the new AASE league should be included. It is a relatively new league for 16-19 year olds in England who are looking to gain a premiership contract. The AASE scheme itself is looking to replace the academy system in the upcoming years and it offers younger players an opportunity to excell and gain recognition with premiership clubs. Each team in the league is associated with a premiership club i.e. Hartpury college is with Gloucester, London Irish is with St Pauls college etc etc.

The inclusion of such a League would publicise the scheme and enable youngsters an excellent opportunity to play at a exception standard of rugby.

For any interested in the scheme or have questions regarding, send me an email at [email protected]

Good sceme but can't see it getting into a rugby game. English teenagers arnt really going to market well.

More control over passing:
for instance, if you tap the "pass right" button, it will make a pop pass to the nearest player on your right, however for a torpedo pass (faster) you hold down the button,then a circle will appear under the nearest player (like in MADDEN's player "motion" call), giving you the option to send him a harder/faster pass, or to cycle through the other players in your backline, thus allowing for manually controlled miss passes.

I think this is an interesting options as it gives your more control over your passing as well as increasing realism and difficulty. In a real game, when throwing longer passes it takes longer to throw the ball, i think that passing scheme would provide this challenge.

great idea pedro... maybe not the most effective method but hopefully hb studios could implement their own ideas into this...

And judging on handling ratings determines whether the receiver can catch a bullet pass if its within so many metres.

if the game is going to only be released in certain countries, please, have the decency to make there no region restrictions. I live in america, and I want rugby league live, however thanks to region restrictions, i'm forbidden. a simple request

Not sure what it's like in South Africa or Australia but for the NZ version could the position names be slightly changed when selecting your team?

Instead of 'Scrum-half' it should be 'Half-back'
'Fly-half' should be 'First-five-eighths'
'Centre' (no.12 only) should be 'Second-five-eighths' - This ones a bit different cause in previous games players who can play 12 can play 13 but i would consider 10 and 12 alot more interchangeable. This is probably a hemispherical thing.
'Second row' should be 'Lock' - This one's not as big of a deal because both get used in NZ

This will depend on who ends up commentating the game. Grant Nisbett would very rarely use these terms. If an English commentator gets chosen then he'll probably use them.

I would also love to see open-side flankers, blind-side flankers and tight-head props, loose-head props. although most quality players can swap around when needed each position does require some very specific skills.

yeah, halfback sounds alot better than scrum half, that sounds kinda gay!..
And fly half?? lol... as for second row.... nuff said.

I think one potentially really good element for rugby 2012 would be an option to swing a punch or two, depending on how far you go depends how likely you are to be sent off, but perhaps there could sort of be a team confidence or momentum bar, whichever team loses the punch up perhaps loses a chunk of confidence, and errors start creeping into their game?

I think that as soon as you add fighting into the game, it'll have an M or MA rating, much like NHL or Fight Night, instead of the G or PG rating it would otherwise have. And then you'll get parents of kids who want the game going "OH NO IT'S RATED M YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!".

All the usual internationals and leagues should have presidence. although i believe that the new AASE league should be included. It is a relatively new league for 16-19 year olds in England who are looking to gain a premiership contract. The AASE scheme itself is looking to replace the academy system in the upcoming years and it offers younger players an opportunity to excell and gain recognition with premiership clubs. Each team in the league is associated with a premiership club i.e. Hartpury college is with Gloucester, London Irish is with St Pauls college etc etc.

The inclusion of such a League would publicise the scheme and enable youngsters an excellent opportunity to play at a exception standard of rugby.

For any interested in the scheme or have questions regarding, send me an email at [email protected]

gimp

and scrum half is the traditional name for a half back. simialrly, so is fly half. i understand though new zealanders call it first and second 5 but does it really matter?

I think its important that there is a difference between a 12 and a 13. 2nd 5 and Centre works nicely.
Conrad Smith can't play 12 and Dan Carter can play 12 but not 13. Also, there is a difference between a blind an an openside flanker. Jerome Kaino can play 6 but not 7 and Daniel Braid can play 7 but not 6.

What i would hope also is that no player becomes "useless" due to getting lower stats than he should receive i.e: David Strettle and Danny Cipriani to name a couple who were pointless because their stats just weren't high enough.
Both were too slow in the game and weren't as good as other alternatives.

All rugby players should be useful, when looking at a transfer window, you shouldn't be looking at it going "urgh no, im never ever going to pick x, y and z because they're simply not fast enough to be wingers in my team, ...."

So please HB rather than lowering speed, kicking and acceleration stats for less good players, lower things like awareness and tackling and other realistic stats.

Latest posts