• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestions/ideas for Rugby 2012

The French horn!! At French National Team home games at least!?

Also ability to choose how many guys in a line out. This could lead to having more choices in set plays after line outs. Everyman less in a lineout would have more options of players to pass obviously. Time should be running while you choose your lineout shouldnt take long anyhow, and of course then you could do a quick lineout.

You should be able to quickly choose your set play before a scrum too. Time should run here as well.

Time Should also run while lining up a kickoff after a try.

Time Should Run more often overall because people want faster games. And I like my 20 min half games not to be 40 to 60 scorelines.

Don't know if it's been suggested yet (not reading 127 pages to find out!), but referees (at international level at least) are all very well known and should be included. Some are sticklers for certain violations which could make a match go very differently (Cristophe Berdos in the the Leinster - Sarries match in Wembley, for example)

I'd love to see some set piece moves from the back of thew scrum, like the Italy one where Parrise runs open and plays in inside ball to Bergamasco to crash it. It worked in almost every 6N game they played. I posted earlier about players having traits, and this would add so much realism. If Henry Tuilagi dropped back to receive kicks and smash them up it would be awesome. Also the A.I defence needs to improve, perhaps give them some organization so that you need to kick when you're in your 22 and not crash until you break the line. Having designated player roles would be cool too, like having a defensive leader much like Waldouk is for Wasps, and Mauger was for tigers.

Happy that HB are focusing on a simulation of Rugby...Arcade type games r useless 4 hd consoles...plus i just hate arcade games, realism 4 xbox 360 and ps3 should always be the main focus...

From what i've read lately sounds more like a game I would hire rather then buy.
Without a franchise mode or manager mode it would get boring real quick yeah enhanced graphics and better gameplay may keep us going for a couple of days maybe even weeks but it would die off pretty fast.
I could be wrong and i hope I am but 08 game is living proof of what I'm trying to point out better graphics,enhanced game gameplay,updated players and teams,but there was nothing new even create a player was the same as 07 it was basicaly a 06 version with updated roster.

If Superrugby license is not possible try for Currie Cup, especially to keep interest for the Rugby mad South Africans.

Next gen Graphics!!!!Do the hard yards now and less work needs to be done for future ***les. Pretty sure this game will sell very well in SA if HB either get Currie Cup or Super 15 license. In SA, clubs/provinces are even bigger than The Springboks...bear that in mind when trying to get licenses.

No, it isn't, and they probably won't. Sidhe have said it's really expensive, and I doubt HB have tons more than they do.

Have read what a few other people are posting and I'm pleased to see that most of my thoughts are being mentioned before but I figure that the more people say them then the more chance they have of being included in the game. After discussing these notions with my rugby mad house mate we would love to see something along the following lines (we know that some are over ambitious but what the hell!)

1) Be A Pro or Career Mode - something like that on FIFA where you get to start as a basic player and build up to become an international superstar. Achievements that boost your stats and improve your skills. HOWEVER - To avoid players simply statting up and becoming the GREATEST PLAYER EVER you have to choose a certain path to follow and there aren't enough stat points or achievements in the game to level everything up to the top, thus making you become either a passer/kicker, or speedster/sidestepper, or tackler/rucker, etc. The idea is that you become really good in a certain position rather than the best at everything as you can do in FIFA.

2) Team/Player/Kit editer - enough said!

3) Licenses!

4) Set Play Creator - Similar to the FIFA style where you can plot out each persons movements and then put them all together, allowing you to time runs and create dummy moves that you have more control over.

5) Effects of game on player - If a player is playing well then their general skills could increase slightly to represent the fact that they are having a good game, similarly the reverse is true so if they are getting snotted every run and dropping passes then perhaps their general skills could drop for the duration of the game to show that they are having a shocker! Also, as players get tired and near the end of their stamina bars, not only do they move slower to represent a lack of sprint ability but also tackles become weaker and hand-offs/sidesteps/etc become less effective.

6) Tackling animations (as mentioned by others)

I'm sure I could keep going but this should give a brief indication that I would love to see a game that is realistic to the beauty of the real sport, allows players scope to create their own gaming experience (team/player/set-play editors), and above all else will have longevity and make players want to continue playing season after season (Be a Pro or Career Mode)

How about a little side bar during all South Africa games that fills with ridiculous quotes from the Boss? A random word generator would do the job.

There should be an accurate representation of how awesome the following are.

Sebastien Chabal
Sean O 'Brien
Ed Fairhurst
Matt Dunning
Gareth Edwards (must be included in the starting welsh XV)

Yeah i agree with everyone here with all the attacking opt. also you guys should include:
- cut scenes of the coach/bench
- display the ref on the field

thats all i gotta say, everythings been said. :)

what could make the game very funny is place touch judges, camera men and security guards around the field.
that way u could tackle players into them or kick the ball at them

Last edited:
LMao yeh then u can add some achievments for kickn the ball into the camera man etc...

they shud make the defensive players act lifelike like point at the opposite player and shuffle around rather than slide and wait around like headless chook lol....

like with the teams with good defense..should make the defense line look more intimidating than teams with crappy defense with more players pointing and callin at their opposite player..

it would be interesting if they could make a player campaign were you could create your character and play in career you know chose were to be transfered and what star you want to train
and of course some more options when creating a player

Latest posts