• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestions/ideas for Rugby 2012

opposition defence more realistic, in 06 especially you used to get every player on the opposition in the same place chasing you at once

• Much harder difficulties
  • Better intercepting (on 08 when you intercpt a pass it kind of makes a sidestepping gesture before running, making it almost impossible to break away and score)
  • Be A Pro (like FIFA... you control only one player and build on his skills, transfer between clubs and if you're good enough, play for your country)
  • Beautiful graphics
  • Ball physics (make the ball bounce in all different directions, but realisticly!)
  • Better grubber and chip kicks
  • Sidestepping improvements
  • Intelligent, spread defense
  • Better positioning for back triangle from kicks (depending upon skill)
  • Referee that doesn't see everything (depending upon position and slider in options menu)
Hope you can use my ideas!!

ive thought of having one button for kicking.eg x
you would simply tap it (x) and then a second button will be for the type of kick it would be.
so triangle would say be bomb,
to do a bomb you would tap x and then triangle.
the power of the kick would be governed by how long you go between pushing the second button.
i thought it would be a good idea because this would free up the other buttons...
you could do short grubbers or long ones, by simply tapping the second button fast or waiting a few seconds
. who knows you could even have another button which would cancel the kick altogether.
given the time we have left.. ummm lol its abit late.. :)
but i thought it was a good idea.

oh by the way i loved rugby 08 the only thing i found faulty was when ever you tried playing two player you could only get the ball when you were running the same line as who ever had the ball. .. .
it was stink cos then i would keep changing my games over if mates were coming to play i would have to change to rugby 06 because in 06 you could run any angles off each other and the passes would stick.
other than that i loved everything in it.. i loved how if you were first there at the ruck with your scrum half that ball could come out faster.... or how in the mud your players stamina would go down a lot faster.

oh could you have some players slow down when theres no opposition near you and you are certain to score a try..

A lot of these are wishful thinking above but the potential is there to make a brilliant game. Star players have to change some player have to be fat ( NICK EASTER ) and some hench as (SPIES, SONNY BILL ETC.) different sidestep must be involved for example QUade Coopers step is phenomenal and unreadable whereas the 08 ones were awful. Dummies have to actually be noticable rather than a little shake of ars but nothing even happens. A burst of apeed for a few metres after a dummy hand off sidestep etc.. would be very good as it is realistic. Tackles must improve. Offloads more realistic. Sonny Bill is much better at offloading than Jerry Flannery so show this. The game ahs so much potential but i fear it will be crap like the others before it

RUgby 08 is soooooooo easy so difficulty must be doubled. in the worlde league with the idiot heffler at ten and all of the backs slower than an average prop you should not be able to beat the crusaders 70+ nil with only 5 minute halves

Better Graphics guys, I waited nervously for the first Rugby photo's of Rugby World Cup 2011 but comparing to Rugby Challenge it sucks!! I don't like Rugby Challenge but at this stage it looks better than Rugby World Cup 2011.

virtual pro like in FIFA,
create ur own player, make him like u,
choose position,
do accomplishments/challenges to make him a better player,
play online,
pro clubs.

i will never get off the gam if this is in it.

i've just seen some screenshots of the other game, "Rugby Challenge", and it appear that graphics are better en the rugby challenge than in the rugby world cup game. i've allways prefered the ea sports game, by far. i just want really good graphics in this game! don't let rugby challenge beat you in that area

i've just seen some screenshots of the other game, "Rugby Challenge", and it appear that graphics are better en the rugby challenge than in the rugby world cup game. i've allways prefered the ea sports game, by far. i just want really good graphics in this game! don't let rugby challenge beat you in that area

Just look at the screenshots of Lansdowne don't think the graphics will let you down.

all i also want is to be able to play with clubs cus i love to play with the bulls in 08 and beat sides like nz with them so just atleast put 1 club in if all the tournaments will cost to much and that club would be the BULLS!!!!!!!

Here are my ideas:

1. Licences( Club Leagues/ Tournaments Rabodirect Pro 12, Orange Top 14, Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup, Aviva Premiership, Investec Super 15) RBS 6 Nations, Tri Nations, Custom 10 nations including Argentina from Rugby 2005( many as possible)

2. Improved World League like Master League in Pro Evolution( Academy Players)

3. Drop Goals from 50-55 metres out.

4. Easier to perform transfers between clubs( Rugby 08 difficult to perform transfers)

Last edited:
this has probably been mentioned before but I'd love to see the Pacific countries (Fiji, Tonga and Samoa) properly licensed so we could play as people like Manu Tualagi

Latest posts