• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestions/ideas for Rugby 2012

the strength rating could be used to decide how much more chance the player has of breaking a tackle if their strength rating is higher than the oppositions tackle rating

I've been hearing about this a lot and strongly agree with, the real life physics in the game like in FIFA and even WWE games now. It would just add to the realism that much. Don't mean to repeat ideas over and over again I just think this idea needs a lot of support as I think a lot of ideas would if they wanted it in the game. Thnx

-The All Black Haka needs to be a bit more impressive! and bring in the alternative option of "Kapa O Pango"
-The ability to have a short lineout
-Individual player abilities eg. Francious Steyn-50m drop goal, Cory Jane-Fend, Bakkies Botha-Headbutt ;) Haha
-Greater difficulty settings
-Some sort of ' Classic mode' where you can play with the greats of rugby history, Jonah Lomu (NZ), David Campese (AUS), Colin Meads (NZ), Sean Fitzpatrick (NZ), Serge Blanco (FRA), Francois Pienaar (RSA), Christian Cullen (NZ), John Eales (AUS)... (Just to name a few)
-The ability to create you own unique set plays and lineouts
-Better commentary. Maybe more than one option for each country.

I don't think there should be an on-line mode. That might stretch HB too much at this stage. The priority should be making the best single-player rugby game to date, which means challenging AI and an in-depth season mode.

I reckon there should be at least 2 legendary players for each of the top 10 rugby teams available to unlock via winning tournaments or Challenge mode, here are a few suggestions:

New Zealand: Jonah Lomu and Tana Umaga (recently retired)
South Africa: Francois Pienaar and Percy Montgomery (recently retired)
Australia: John Eales and David Campese
France: Philippe Sella and Christophe Lamaison
Ireland: John Willie McBride and Keith Wood
England: Martin Johnson and Rory Underwood
Scotland: Gordon Brown and Gavin Hastings
Argentina: Augustin Pichot and Hugo Porta
Wales: Neil Jenkins and Gareth Edwards
British and Irish Lions: Tony O'Reilly, J.P.R Williams and many others to chose from

Brilliant idea, not necessarily a team but it would be great if you could choose Lomu to play in your S14 team for example!!!!

If they were going to use a kind of challenge mode thing for unlockables it would need to be improved from the old one because they seemed to run out of ideas for some challenges and came up with things like run around in the try area for 5 seconds before scoring which was crap compared to some of the other ones like scoring in a time limit

HARDER DIFFICULTY THAN 08!
Better lineouts, like 04 had
Better taclking, fending, side stepping etc animations
Better pick and drives
Being able to hold the player up in the tackle to force a maul
BEAING ABLE TO HOLD THE PLAYER UP IN GOAL TO STOP A TRY
Video Ref
Better grubbers, chips etc
More create a player kit
Superstar mode like Madden

i think you should be able to pick and drive with a suport player when close to the line and the defense should post up more around rucks instead of leaving a massive gap rite next to it also the mauls look to neat lol :)

I would love a move creator ..you could create a backs move being able to have every back go where you want him when you want him this for me would be one of the most enjoyabl aspects of the game as it brings in a more tactical element than just the 4 set moves we were given in the last game that all seemed slow and labourious.

And at the risk of sounding a bit like madden,just before a scrum or lineout the attacking team should be given a choice of plays or moves from either their creations or default ones..it would only take a couple of seconds to choose and so would not slow the game down in any great way.

Hope it's not been said, but need to fix up some easy ways to score tries in 08:

Too easy to drive from a line out over the line
Too easy to win opposition ball in the line out
Can easily score from a scrum on the 22 in front of posts - pass to 10, cut back behind scrum, pass across scrum to back - try every time
Too easy to score if you suck their 15 into the bottom of a ruck

PC also needs to stop doing some dumb stuff:

Don't pass when you can just run and score
Don't punt the ball over the dead ball line when on oppostion 22
Why does Brian O'Driscol seem to kick to himself all the time (maybe he's just my opposition number 13 too much)?
If you've got an overlap use it
Why assign 2 or 3 players to make my winger and leave a massive hole?
Why can't you use the massive hole when my defence does the above?

Cool game though. Just hope it keeps getting better.

and one more - bring back Jonah and make him unstoppable.

have thee ability to cancel during set piece, i.e if a player is already through a hole, or pre-empting th intercept
make stats like aggression and strength matter more in terms of gameplay, i.e. aggressive players may start fights, and get carded, stronger players have a more consistent impact on contact
a flatter cut pass, this would be great, mayb even a confidence bar for a team or individual players that when full/high allows them to pull off something like that. Even if only certain players were designated the ability to perform something like that e.g berrick barnes, quade cooper, dan carter, stepehen jones etc
unlockables, especially classic players/team would be sick
longer drop goals
chip kick
ability to create own move, / vary current moves
better commentary
agilty of players, less absurd to the extent that the movements they make are more realistic
certain players should not dominate others to a ridiculous extent i.e. brian odriscoll, regardess of how fast the chasing player is, the tackle from behind is rarely made on him
more variation with kicking styles,
or a more realistic generic goal kicking style
mayb random variation with the trajectory of kicks in play depending on the situation
remove automatic intercept attempts
allow a team to change tactics/focus points, like line speed, aggressive, defensive etc

I've started playing 08 again to see what I did and didn't like about it and one thing that stuck out was that if your player made a pass but got knocked back behind the new ball carrior in the tackle even if it was a legal pass u get pinged for a forward pass

and I dont know if this was just my copy or affected alot of copies but it was really glitchy eg freezing when injured and just freezing alltogether

also I think that the AI needs work because how often do you give quick ball to your fly half for him to run a few steps then get tackled before you can even do anything or if your fly half joins a maul there is no one there to recive the ball and you pass to no one, dunno how to fix this other than maybe having your fly half stand a bit deeper and programing the AI to offer more support

another thing is the forwards standing in the 9-10 channel only your back rows get out among the backs were as in real life most forwards stand deep behind 10 and 12 and if they are inside 10 they dont stand in the channel their always deeper than 10 and either take an inside pass from 10 or take the ball at pace from 9

I'm liking the ideas keep em coming guys,

It's really frustrating that I can't put Cory Jane on the Wing, please remove the position restrictions that players have. It really does limit the possibilities, like for instance, Israel Dagg played on the wing for the very first time in his life on saturday and he scored a marvelous try against the Springboks, breaking tackles from Spies, Burger, Aplon and blitzing straight passed Kirchner..

What I'm trying to say is, being put out of position doesn't make you a worse player[eg. dropping the ball every chance you get]

One of the things that was missing in 06 and 08 was the ability to substitute multiple players at once. This is what happens in the real game and should be included in 2012.
Position changes are a must. You must be able to select a player and then decide what position he plays in.
Access to teams from different year would be awesome. For example you could play a game of the 1987 All Blacks versus the 1999 Wallabies.
It would be awesome to be able to select the set of rules that the game is played under. So you could select to play under 1995 rules or whatever.
Being able to play Rugby sevens would be great. Even better would be the option to select how many players in each team. So you could play Rugby 5's or even Rugby 20's.
Season mode was good. There should also be an option to play one particular player in Season mode.
It would be great to create your own team made up of any players you choose. Then you could challenge your mates who have also picked their best team.

That's all for now.

One of the things that was missing in 06 and 08 was the ability to substitute multiple players at once. This is what happens in the real game and should be included in 2012.
Ay?
You can do that

MOMENTUM GAUGE METER

The Momentum Gauge Meter is an easy visual understanding of your/opposing teams current progress and flair throughout the game. This is located under the Teams score.

If your momentum meter is LOW(RED) play for territory and plan to score, for at the breakdowns your at your weakest and could enforce a turnover.

Keeping your Momentum MEDIUM ( YELLOW ) increases the chance of retaining the ball at the breakdown phase.

So if you've managed to keep the momentum gauge HIGH ( GREEN ) Well done ! Ball possession at the breakdown is almost guaranteed. Remember to score points quick, for the GREEN momentum is short lived. Maximum five phases ( rucks ).

Momentum gauge meter characteristics

A High increase in team momentum

15 %
Score a Try
Time spent in YOUR ATTACKING half
Red Card ( Opposing Team )

Constant low increase in team momentum

Total time with the ball
5+ phases ( rucks )

Low increase in team momentum

10%
Penalties ( awarded to your team )
Penalty Kicks
Conversions
Yellow Cards ( opposing team )

** You will lose momentum if you spend too much time in YOUR DEFENSIVE half.

** If your team is awarded a Red ( - 15% in momentum ) or Yellow ( - 10% in momentum ) Card, your team will lose momentum.

Thank you and all the best for creating Rugby 2012 !

ANTHEAD.

xbox live multiplayer is a must have

I have posted a simple but effective xbox Live Multiplayer " Feature " located at :

Glen Gavin ( HB_Glen ), Thread - Favourite 5 and least favourite 5 features of our games. Page 14 of 14. result #131

ANTHEAD

Last edited:
an added " feature " to xbox live multiplayer is worth considering

anthead

Latest posts