• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestions/ideas for Rugby 2012

oh yeah and fix the late tackle...

Also would be nice to have some more penalties: holding-on, off-feet at ruck etc...
I think in R06 was too unreal playing against NZ or England, when you're making ruck, you have less than 1 second to play the ball, or they're gonna turnover it... It's very disappointing especially because you should be allowed to slow a bit the game if your players are not positionated well, and it's not in the rule to cheat every ruck with success: I mean, the ball is already won on your side, nobody can stole it with hands! Only push...
Counter-rucks will be good, but not too much! Sometimes you can't make 2 consecutive phases against ABs!!

maybe have like a clutch attribute like the nba 2k franchise, like a go-to man in the dying stages.
eg. clutch kicker -dan carter etc

I dnt no if anyone else has mentioned this but it jus sprung to mind. When playin 06 or 08 if i was tackled in the try area with the ball regardless if i touched it down or not it wud count which got me thinkin tht they shud add in tht you could possibly hold up a player in the try area to prevent the score and even if ur tackled u still have to do a bit of work to make sure you place the ball. therefore there would be competition in the try area the tackler tryin to hold it up as they attacker tries to score. obv if a players defence ratin is high they could hold it up. but i spose it would also have to depend on how the attacker is tryin to score ie of a ruck etc jus thot it wud be a nice addition

Just a thought on passing:

In Rugby League 2 you could hold down the pass button and select a receiver. I think it would be cool if you took it a step further and your attacking receivers actually ran running lines. Then, when they were in a good position to receive it, a button would show over their head for a limited time (think offloads in 08). that way, passes are about timing and selecting a man to hit a gap rather than the "magnetic" stuff from earlier games. It would also allow for decoys because players would still run their lines when not selected.

in regards to passes, I know it's a relatively low budget so I'm not too fussed (just glad a new game is coming out) but what I do want fixed is on two player when your mate is running with you... make it pass to him instead of missing him.

Just a thought on passing:

In Rugby League 2 you could hold down the pass button and select a receiver. I think it would be cool if you took it a step further and your attacking receivers actually ran running lines. Then, when they were in a good position to receive it, a button would show over their head for a limited time (think offloads in 08). that way, passes are about timing and selecting a man to hit a gap rather than the "magnetic" stuff from earlier games. It would also allow for decoys because players would still run their lines when not selected.

i like that idea especially for human vs human the cut out passes were too slow in rugby 08 so it was pretty obvious who i was always going to pass it too
it would also keep your opponent guessing rather than marking the next guy to the ball handler.

Another quick idea for the passing:<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
Not sure if this has already been suggested, but It could be something as simple as pressing one of the bumper buttons like in Fifa so one of the men outside you make a run off the ball. They could cut a tight line go wide or even as a dummy runner.<O:p</O:p

Be a Pro Feature - start off as a current or created player at a lower reputation club, come up through the ranks and move to bigger clubs and plasy for your country in international competitions.

In lineouts, would like to see an option to pass to the front guy without a lift.

AI\Computer opponents should make subs for tired guys. This would improve AI a bit. And I would like to see the deer in the headlight defending by AI opponents fixed.

A button to tuck in run when you're about to go into contact so it's unlikely you knock-on or turnover. Depending on a players certain rating this button would work better. Doesn't mean you will always hold on to the ball. But if you forget, it's veerrrryyyy likely you turn over or knock-on (could knock backwards too, doesn't have to be infraction always)

The wind! Should be able to choose random wind for friendly games. And the wind when kicking should be same direction when playing. I noticed it's opposite, small glitch. Try punting out of bounds on penalty compared to kicking at goal with the wind.

when players jump to catch a high ball, it should be based on timing not entirely of the players catching rating

oh and more referee emphasis on punishments for penalties, like if a team repeatedly gets penalised for the same thing, results in a card. its so infuriating if you use your hands in the ruck in the first 5 mins and u get red-carded by a random decision. and scrap the automatic tackle in the air if you kick short, i dunno where that expect of the game came from

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see the team chemistry play a larger part than it did in 08. In the real world, players who play well together are most of the time better than higher ranked individuals.
E.g: Parra + Trinh-Duc are a brilliant pairing but separate, things just don't seem to work.

How about having Impact players who in their clubs are impact players, but internationally might not make that much of an impact, Digby Ioane, at the Reds is the biggest impact player they have, he breaks the line so easily, but internationally he hasn't that much of an impact because he's always injured.

How about having Impact players who in their clubs are impact players, but internationally might not make that much of an impact, Digby Ioane, at the Reds is the biggest impact player they have, he breaks the line so easily, but internationally he hasn't that much of an impact because he's always injured.

Woldog's onto something, watching premiership matches, i see many players who are outstanding but can't replicate that form at international level.

i'd like to see a season mode where you choose an international team, club/provincial/regional team, play a whole 'real' season and even more. You get situations like if you were to choose a northern hemisphere team, in the autumn you would lose your international players or if you chose an international team, you can pick the players considering there form, fitness and past performances. Also things like playing in the magners league or aviva permiership one week then playing in the Heineken or Amlin challenge cup the next not just the same comp all year round.

I don't think any sports ***le has done this sort of thing before and i think it could be AWESOME i would buy the game alone for this feature.

Haha, Stephen Donald should get his stats halved when he puts on the All Black Jersey!!! :p

No manager mode is a complete dissapointment

To this very day i still play on Rugby Challenge 06 career mode and Rugby 08 world league mode, it is the only reason i haven't sold my PS2, so the fact that Rugby 2012 will not have a manager mode is an utter disappointment and if manager mode doesn't come as DLC then i'm only getting Rugby Challenge!

To this very day i still play on Rugby Challenge 06 career mode and Rugby 08 world league mode, it is the only reason i haven't sold my PS2, so the fact that Rugby 2012 will not have a manager mode is an utter disappointment and if manager mode doesn't come as DLC then i'm only getting Rugby Challenge!

Good for you.

Latest posts