• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Summer tours - England

Dan Kelly, maybe?
Depends how Irish he's feeling

Be interesting to see who is at 10 with no Smith/Simmonds - Ford? Umaga? Atkinson?
I'd be very surprised if it isn't Ford and I think it should be him too. With the 2 youngsters with by far the most potential (IMO) out of the picture it makes sense to bring in an experienced head who will be able to manage the newcomers around him.

It's a horrible world we live in where the other Curry brother hasn't been capped.

Jones had some fans on here despite some of his failings but this is just diabolical.

I'm not even a massive fan of Eddie's, but I find myself having to defend him from wild hyperbole. He has some detractors despite his successes.

Ben Curry was due to play ahead of Tom against the Barbarians but was a late withdrawal with a back spasm. Tom played, won a place on the Argentina tour and has never looked back.

Ben might have a bit of a case to say he has been unfairly overlooked at various points since then, but he's had a bit of time out injured and hasn't been in obviously better form than Underhill, Willis, Ludlam or Earl when he has been fit. If anything Underhill and Willis have outshone him and while Ludlam and Earl probably haven't done so consistently, they've had purple patches at the right time. Hardly a conspiracy and not 'diabolical'.

I hope/expect he will start against USA and Canada.

Ben Curry with a couple of excellent breaks in front of Eddie Jones tonight.

I'm not even a massive fan of Eddie's, but I find myself having to defend him from wild hyperbole. He has some detractors despite his successes.

Ben Curry was due to play ahead of Tom against the Barbarians but was a late withdrawal with a back spasm. Tom played, won a place on the Argentina tour and has never looked back.

Ben might have a bit of a case to say he has been unfairly overlooked at various points since then, but he's had a bit of time out injured and hasn't been in obviously better form than Underhill, Willis, Ludlam or Earl when he has been fit. If anything Underhill and Willis have outshone him and while Ludlam and Earl probably haven't done so consistently, they've had purple patches at the right time. Hardly a conspiracy and not 'diabolical'.

I hope/expect he will start against USA and Canada.
Was a bit of a joke to be honest. Didn't mean it seriously.

Is that Max Ojomoh? Haven't seen him but saw a rugby video about the future players and he was spoken about...

What's he like?

Is that Max Ojomoh? Haven't seen him but saw a rugby video about the future players and he was spoken about...

What's he like?

I would argue that in terms of future Ojomoh has a brighter one than Lawrence.
But a Lawrence and Ojomoh combo is extremely interesting going forward.

I also think it might be too soon to be talking about England for him though.
One IMO for post world cup.

I think he has more upside than Kelly or Piers O'Connor but IMO those 2 players are worth capturing now for the future and both are playing well at senior rugby regularly.

Cheers Tigs...

Yeah I think we need to see Lawrence develop first. Falcons had him in our pocket today..Burrell and Orlando put in a brutal performance on him and Venter.

Ojomoh was excellent for Bath last week, but it was also his first prem start
Too early for him now, but definite one to keep an eye on for the future

TBF I think both him and Hill could do with being elsewhere.
You must have read my mind. As a fan of a smaller club I don't like to advocate players moving on...but in their case I really think they need to.

Especially Ted Hill who just stands out week after week. He was excellent today in a generally beaten side. And I think you could see his frustration through the game and at the end.

Yeh will be interest what happens with Martin speaking of 6's.
Had his best game today I thought. Still only 19.

I think long term if he bulks up a little more for the scrum side he would make a excellent lock.

I would love to see what Hill could do in a side like Quins with Dombrandt and Evans as a back row.

I think Martin will move to Lock...and by heck what a lock he will be.
He's 19st now, so will easily make 20 st with mobility and workrate.

Imagine a pack with him at lock and Hill at 6.

I'd love to see Hill in a pack that actually competes...

I do think Steward isn't ready for International rugby.
Maybe the A game but not the USA or Canada game.

Not that I think he would struggle.
Just I think he could do with learning a bit more in terms of Attacking awareness.

I still think in terms of prospect he's the best out and out full back currently.

But feel Malins should get his starts at 15.
(I do feel that Malins versatility might depending on the coach also lead him becoming the dreaded 22/23 player in the future)

So if Sinckler gets this likely call up

What are we looking at
Looseheads: Genge, Obano, Rodd
Tightheads: Stuart, Heyes, Street?

Tighthead is tricky so capping Heyes is a top priority IMO - as well as being deserved.

Street hasn't really shown much TBH. That's fine given his age/level of experience, but he's not obviously deserving of a cap at the moment.

I don't rate Painter, he's just another Williams IMO. Big, but that's about it ... I'd prefer Paul Hill (I still think there's a good player in there somewhere).

As I say, I think we have to pick Heyes. I can think of several good reasons to do so while I can't think of any reasons not to? Injury permitting, I'd go with Stuart and a Heyes for all three games so I kind of don't care who's third even if that's Williams.

I don't think there's much mileage in capping Street, Painter, Schonert etc. when their form doesn't really warrant it.

I do think Steward isn't ready for International rugby.
Maybe the A game but not the USA or Canada game.

Not that I think he would struggle.
Just I think he could do with learning a bit more in terms of Attacking awareness.

I still think in terms of prospect he's the best out and out full back currently.

But feel Malins should get his starts at 15.
(I do feel that Malins versatility might depending on the coach also lead him becoming the dreaded 22/23 player in the future)
I'm in 2 minds about this, I think Steward has the potential to be a better 15 than Malins but I think Malins has the potential to be a fantastic player and it would be a travesty if he doesn't get a look in with England. For this I'd like to see Malins and Stewart both given a go so they can fight out that position between them, unless Malins future is in another position. We are forever short of quality centres, could he make the transition?

He's only young, so could change as he matures a bit, but I don't think Malins has the physicality for centre
6ft and sub 14st

I could see Malins used on the wing for England, like Daly has been, tbh. Played there a couple of times for Bristol and EJ likes his back 3 players interchangeable

Edit: Didn't realise Malins is 24, I thought he was like 21

Latest posts