• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Summer tours - England

Tommy Reffell not in the Wales squad

Just sayin
Sipping Kermit The Frog GIF

Definitely the type of trolling Eddie likes to indulge in ... I wouldn't put it past him picking Reffell.

I wouldn't - not because I don't rate him, but because he's Welsh and we have plenty of very good options who are actually English.
For real?
Missed that, damn :(
I don't mind it. He's only 31 so plenty young enough for the RWC and the nature of the game in Japan is probably doing him a few favours in improving his skill set in a less physical environment.

I'm almost certain he'll be back at Saracens for the 22/23 season.

I'd be surprised if Reffell decided to be a turncoat tbh. Sounds like he considers himself Welsh through and through but he'd make a lot more money staying in England and you can't blame players for thinking about the finances. Short careers and all that.

If I was him I'd still be thinking it's just as competitive in the back row for England as it is Wales so better off just carry on doing what he's doing for Leicester in the hope of getting a call up next year or something. Though he might have to come back to stand a better chance. Not sure what Pivacs thoughts on that is

I'd be surprised if Reffell decided to be a turncoat tbh. Sounds like he considers himself Welsh through and through but he'd make a lot more money staying in England and you can't blame players for thinking about the finances. Short careers and all that.

If I was him I'd still be thinking it's just as competitive in the back row for England as it is Wales so better off just carry on doing what he's doing for Leicester in the hope of getting a call up next year or something. Though he might have to come back to stand a better chance. Not sure what Pivacs thoughts on that is
Also realistically if he wants to win a world cup or have an international career of real note England is the obvious choice

Im not sure Wells is international level. I think he's a perfect match for Tigers....big aggresive lock, and suits the way Borthwick wants to bring back the old tigers nastyness in the pack.
The fact he'll not likely be called up makes him perfect as he's always available.
Agree on this.

He's the definition of an England A player for me.

I'd put Sean Robinson in the same category. They're like Beaumont and Slater were a few years ago. Good, but A team not full squad.

With Ribbans' ban putting him out for at least the first couple of games, I'd back one or both of Wells or Robinson to make the squad and I'd be happy enough to see them here.

IDK for me Willis and Underhill would be better at 6 for my teams. (Also this season Willis has missed most of it).

Earl isn't an out and out 7 in my eyes.

IDK for me Willis and Underhill would be better at 6 for my teams. (Also this season Willis has missed most of it).

Earl isn't an out and out 7 in my eyes.
Willis is definitely a 7 , he is by far and away the best player in Europe over the ball. A bit of a freak really. He is a big 7 I'll give you that.
Earl is more a classic link man 7, he runs great support lines, scores tries, good hands etc

I think the number on the back of your shirt matters less and less as the years go on. Especially 6 and 7. I have always seen Underhill as more of a 6 though if pushed but it doesn't really matter much these days imo.

So EJ has added Ed Robinson (assistant backs coach at Jersey Reds) as attack coach and Alex Codling (unattached, ex-Ealing coach, and has worked with England u20 and Harlequins in the past) as lineout coach

Robinson was skills coach during the 6N, so obviously passed his trial with flying colours...

Pretty underwhelming, but we'll see how it goes I guess

Latest posts