• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Summer tours - England

Could definitely see him at Gloucester,
Don't know why but he reminds me of Twelvetrees

Could definitely see him at Gloucester,
Don't know why but he reminds me of Twelvetrees
Silly hair, stupidly posh looking, flashes of brilliance mixed with ftw moments. Talked about as a future England 12 but failed to nail down any position. Good at kicking but not amazing....lol

That sums up both really well.

Mallinder is 25 now aswell...not just a young kid with potential.

Singleton's darts are nothing special, are they?
They were really bad at Saracens, at least

Surprised at Oghre - but for an A game I guess it's OK.
His set piece is very lacking but in an open game on hard ground he'll go well in the loose

Who are we expecting to be called up from the 4 play off finalists? There isn't an obvious choice at hooker in there (excluding Cowan-Dickie).

If I'm right, we have Blamire, Oghre and no-one else ... unless Singleton is allowed back in 10 days?

Yeah, Capon will go straight in - I doubt there'll be any others
Only two tests, and EJ only named two hookers for a full 6N campaign

Edit: Didn't realise Singleton was out because of COVID. He could even be back for the A game tbh - depends if he tests negative (doesn't sound like he has tested positive from what I've read, so is a similar situation to Manu missing the Quins game)

Yeah, Capon will go straight in - I doubt there'll be any others
Only two tests, and EJ only named two hookers for a full 6N campaign

Edit: Didn't realise Singleton was out because of COVID. He could even be back for the A game tbh - depends if he tests negative (doesn't sound like he has tested positive from what I've read, so is a similar situation to Manu missing the Quins game)
I like Capon, but I wouldn't have described him as an 'obvious choice'. He's no more experienced than Blamire or Oghre. Arguably less so.

I like Capon, but I wouldn't have described him as an 'obvious choice'. He's no more experienced than Blamire or Oghre. Arguably less so.
I only say he's the obvious choice because there's no one else in the top 4, really
Yeandle could get called up, but if we're calling up a more experienced player then McGuigan should've been called up from Falcons initially (or to replace Singleton)
Unless there's a shock call up for Thacker or Langdon then Capon is the only other I can think of

I'd be happier with Langdon than Oghre TBH

I didn't realise Langdon was as young as he was tbh, if he plays a blinder this weekend then who knows. Would still be a very left field choice, though

I don't read too much into Oghre's involvement - I'd say he's definitely just there for the A game,
If he's retained for the tests then that's a different matter...

Oghre is a solid player and his darts are getting better but if you want a 2, you pick Barbeary or even Eckersley from Wasps.

Tell Blackett that ;)
haha we have so many injuries we have to play anyone anywhere. Barbeary starts more at backrow and i think Oghre has played as many times in the backrow as front row this season

Did i hear right that Barbeary has fractured his eye socket and cheekbone in a training incident?

Well the fact that McGuigan hasnt been called up very much tells the story its a development squad.

haha we have so many injuries we have to play anyone anywhere. Barbeary starts more at backrow and i think Oghre has played as many times in the backrow as front row this season
Yes so he fractured his cheek and eye socket sadly in the team run before Leicester

This was an alright watch. Nothing revolutionary but I quite like listening to Eddie when he's like this (not in game mode)

The most important take away. Eddie prefers chicken over beef.

Latest posts