• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Summer tours - England

Ah shame to see that. Hes been well worthy of his spot but im not sure he would have stayed in the squad once the top 4 are back available.

Yes so he fractured his cheek and eye socket sadly in the team run before Leicester
Not good news exactly, but I'd read it was a complication on his ankle which would have been more worrying.

I've fractured my eye socket before. Wasn't as bad as it sounds. Obviously every case is different, but I'd imagine he'll be fit for next season and shouldn't have any ongoing complications.

Ah shame to see that. Hes been well worthy of his spot but im not sure he would have stayed in the squad once the top 4 are back available.
Maybe. I think Robinson is underrated and could have been one of those that was a surprise hit.

Maybe. I think Robinson is underrated and could have been one of those that was a surprise hit.
Ah he's not underrated with the Falcons BPM, we know how good he is. MCL injury apparently, hope its not too serious.

Not good news exactly, but I'd read it was a complication on his ankle which would have been more worrying.

I've fractured my eye socket before. Wasn't as bad as it sounds. Obviously every case is different, but I'd imagine he'll be fit for next season and shouldn't have any ongoing complications.
Well seeing as he's been out on the p*ss with Simmonds, Curran, Bacon etc, i am sure he will be just fine :).

Just wish he was touring....

Just wish we knew what Eddie and wasps plans are for him Will - Hooker or back row...or 12 :D

Just wish we knew what Eddie and wasps plans are for him Will - Hooker or back row...or 12 :D
12!

No in all seriousness I think he has to play HKR. Realistically we are set at no.8 for a while with Simmonds, Dombrandht, T Willis, Curry etc.
But post LCD/George it's pretty open and he's clearly a fantastic ball player... for me he's Dan Coles esque in his hands ability as seen previously, he loves a grubber but then has the physicality of a Chabal/Jerry Collins

Also i'm fairly sure when you watch the U20's his darts were always pretty good.

I agree if his core "hooker" skills are good...then he really could be a very special player.

What I don't understand with both Robinson and McNally, is it really worth calling up 2 30 year old players. With Lawes, Itoje, Ewels, Hill (not forgetting Launchbury and Kruis) all ahead in the pecking order, is it not worth getting in your players to experience the set up for the future.
This isn't just a lock, same feeling towards Bassett

Name the young locks pulling up trees?

Is Kpoku doing it in the championship for Sarries?
Is Alex Moon for Saints..?

I cant think of many to be honest..

Name the young locks pulling up trees?

Is Kpoku doing it in the championship for Sarries?
Is Alex Moon for Saints..?

I cant think of many to be honest..
This summer it should be about potential. It gives EJ the ability to look at some players up close as well as giving them experience. From a Saints perspective you have Moon and Coles, and other teams will have them.
I just feel there's more pros for looking at young players with potential, than looking at those towards the end of their careers who won't get a look it when the Lions return

This summer it should be about potential. It gives EJ the ability to look at some players up close as well as giving them experience. From a Saints perspective you have Moon and Coles, and other teams will have them.
I just feel there's more pros for looking at young players with potential, than looking at those towards the end of their careers who won't get a look it when the Lions return
Yes it should but i say again...name them? I cant think of many.

Kpoku is a possible...but really needs to be seen in the Prem...

Isiekwe is suspended or injured.

Alex Moon has been on the fringe? Why wasnt he picked?

Who else is there?

Don't get me wrong this summer should be about potential.
But RWC is 2 years away, IMO wouldn't hurt getting an idea on some of the older prem players and there ability.

Latest posts