• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Summer tours - England

Have England had a single training camp without injuring someone? I swear the rate of injury in England camps exceeds that of actual premiership games.

Not many, but I'll give you an old one in Attwood.

He'll only be 36 at the next RWC……same age as Brad Thorn in 2011.

On pure performance he's absolutely up there.
That's not such a crazy shout - think how many clicks Eddie could create by dropping him for the game he's really needed in!

Joking aside, my memory is that Attwood really was done dirty by Stuart Lancaster, it reminds me of Mr Burns and Don Mattingly:

sideburns-515x311.png

What I don't understand with both Robinson and McNally, is it really worth calling up 2 30 year old players. With Lawes, Itoje, Ewels, Hill (not forgetting Launchbury and Kruis) all ahead in the pecking order, is it not worth getting in your players to experience the set up for the future.
This isn't just a lock, same feeling towards Bassett
I very much doubt Bassett will stay in the squad once players from the top 4 are available. Not like for like from a position POV, but I'd imagine he drops out for someone like Malins or Marchant.

The locks and hookers are a bit different as we're missing so many players through Lions call-ups, injuries and suspensions. It is what it is.

Personally, I'd rather call up a 28 year old who's in form and could be a late bloomer (like a Wilson or Parling) than someone like Alex Moon who might be 3 or 4yrs younger can't currently get in to Saints starting XV.

Ioan Lloyd won this, despite being a capped international before this season started
Sounds like it's just badly named as it's more of a young player of the year award reading the quotes from Lewis Moody. No idea why they call it discovery of the season when they're saying it's more about recognising achievements of young players.

Sounds like it's just badly named as it's more of a young player of the year award reading the quotes from Lewis Moody. No idea why they call it discovery of the season when they're saying it's more about recognising achievements of young players.
Because it's sponsored by LandRover

Muir's not made the GB 7s squad,
Wonder if he'll be in the updated EPS squad?

So does anyone have Kenningham in the summer squad, he put his hand up today.

After watching that imagine if Smith and Dombrandt don't start for England now.

So does anyone have Kenningham in the summer squad, he put his hand up today.

After watching that imagine if Smith and Dombrandt don't start for England now.
Jones needs to get on the phone to Lynagh and chat **** about the Aussies as well.

Honestly Kenningham, dombrandt, Smith, Northmore, marchant, lynagh and Green (if he's actually EPQ) all need to be at least in the convo

So who will be called up to England from Bristol and Sale?
Quirke is down with U20's so assume he will play back up to JVP ;)

For me
Sale
Rodd
Curry
Harper

Bristol
Randall
Earl (Not for A team)
Malins (Not for A team)
Capon
O'Conor

Not sure about Green, but I'd have no qualms about going after Lynagh. Genetically, he is a product of Australia and Italy, but he is 100% a product of the English rugby system and has spent most of his life here.

Harper put in another good cameo today. He looks like a real prospect at tighthead and could be a wildcard for the A squad.

Latest posts