• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Summer Tours?

P

polonius

Does anyone know of a website (or other source) with details of summer tours - Northern sides playing in the southern winter?

As I understand it, England will be in New Zealand in May/June this year and Wales will be in South Africa. Of course, the Lions will be in South Africa next year.

But is there a website that gives a comprehensive list of upcoming tours?

A trip to Buenos Aires to see Scotland or France might be fun. See the match, a steak and bottle of wine, dance the tango until dawn - there's life in this old dog yet, you know :bana:

Many thanks in advance.

You just said in another thread that you need to sit down in a pub to watch the second game! Here you are planning to go to Argentina? :D

But to answer your question ................. havent a clue mate sorry :)

gulliver sports is always a good place to try. Last time I checked though they were only advertising for the Lions tour to SA next year.

Warwick Beatson is the NZ agency which organises all rugby tours for Bledisloe Cup, tri nats and world cup tourneys. Give their website a shot, they might have something you're after.

A trip to Buenos Aires to see Scotland or France might be fun. See the match, a steak and bottle of wine, dance the tango until dawn - there's life in this old dog yet, you know :bana: [/b]

I believe Scotland will be touring Argentina this year.

But since the Pumas are supposed to play some tests in Spain, it's not really clear where they will play against Scotland.

Many thanks for your replies. I'll shoot off a quick email to the SRU to discover where they are playing Argentina.

Scotland are playing Argentina (although not actually confirmed yet) twice.

One will be at Murrayfield (or in Scotland at least, it may go to Glasgow or further north) while the other will take place on the continent (Ive heard a mate (whose married to an argentine) saying it will probably be Barcelona - and he proved reliable with info concerning a Scot v Argentina footy match a month before the SFA announced it - but it could be elsewhere (ie. not Spain)

Many thanks for your replies. I'll shoot off a quick email to the SRU to discover where they are playing Argentina. [/b]

Did you get any reply? (dont know why im even asking that TBH ;) )

<div class='quotemain'> Many thanks for your replies. I'll shoot off a quick email to the SRU to discover where they are playing Argentina. [/b]

Did you get any reply? (dont know why im even asking that TBH ;) )
[/b][/quote]

Yes, I did. and a very prompt response it was; the SRU emailed back the next day - can't think why I didn't post something here at the time.

The SRU said they couldn't confirm anything, nothing had been decided and no decision was likely until the end of the Six Nations tournament.

Well, we're nearly there now ...

I found somewhere the other day there are to be two test matches - one on June 7th and the other on June 14th - but no indication of venue. I think it was on scrum.com or somewhere like that - unofficial but full of useful detail.

Whilst currently there is no information about any tests on the SRU website, the website of the Argentine Rugby Union says the following ...

Durante el mes de junio, Argentina enfrentará a Escocia (7 y 14 de junio) y a Italia (28 de junio). El primer test ante Escocia y el partido ante Italia se jugarán en alguna plaza del interior del país, por su parte, el segundo encuentro frente a los escoceses se llevará a cabo en el estadio del Club Atlético Vélez Sarsfield.

Sadly, I don't speak Spanish but I'll take a guess and think the above says something along the lines of ... in the month of June there will be 2 tests v Scotland and another against Italy. With the first Scottish test and also the Italian game taking place somewhere in the interior of the country while the second Scottish test will be held at Velez Sarsfield.

If there is a Spanish speaker who can confirm/correct this, I'd be grateful - though the opportunity for a bit devilment couldn't be more obvious ...

I remember a Scottish paper saying one game would be at Murrayfield, but it also said the other would be in Spain/Belgium so maybe not that reliable.

I know a few Spanish speakers (including an Argentine), will ask them next time I see them.

Thanks for the info BTW. :eek:k:

<div align="left"> </div><div align="left">24 May</div>
<div align="left">Barbarians v Belgium International XV, at Heysel Stadium, Bruxelles</div>
<div align="left">27 May</div>
<div align="left"> </div><div align="left">Barbarians v Ireland, at Kingsholm, Gloucester</div>
<div align="left">1 June</div>
<div align="left"> </div><div align="left">Barbarians v England, at Twickenham</div>
<div align="left">7 June</div>
<div align="left">New Zealand v Ireland, at Westpac Stadium, Wellington, 7.35pm local time</div>
<div align="left">South Africa v Wales, at Vodacom Park, Bloemfontein, 3pm local time
</div>
<div align="left"> </div><div align="left">Argentina v Scotland, tbd</div>
<div align="left">14 June</div>
<div align="left"> </div><div align="left">New Zealand v England, at Eden Park, Auckland, 7.35pm local time</div>
<div align="left">Australia v Ireland, at Telstra Dome, Melbourne</div>
<div align="left">South Africa v Wales, at Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria, 3pm local time</div>
<div align="left"> </div><div align="left">Argentina v Scotland, at Velez Sarsfield Stadium, Buenos Aires</div>
<div align="left">21 June</div>
<div align="left">New Zealand v England, at Jade Stadium, Christchurch, 7.35pm local time</div>
<div align="left"> </div><div align="left">South Africa v Italy, at Newlands, Cape Town, 3pm local time</div>
<div align="left"> </div><div align="left">28 June</div>
<div align="left">Australia v France, at ANZ Stadium, Sydney</div>
<div align="left"> </div><div align="left">Argentina v Italy, tbd</div>
<div align="left"> </div><div align="left">5 July</div>
<div align="left">Australia v France, at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane</div>
<div align="left">
</div>
<div align="left">according to the UAR, Argentina TMs v Scotland (the first one) and v Italy will be held away from Buenos Aires, places to be decided yet</div>

Similarly to what happened last year the Top14 SF and Final overlapp with the Summer Tour. This means that many French, Italian and Argentinian players won't be available for the tours of their respective selections.

Because of that fat wan*** Blanco !!

Which is also the reason why Lievremont blooded an awful lot of players, so that we don't get two meaningless hidings. And ther's also the RWC seeding thing...

Because of that fat wan*** Blanco !!

Which is also the reason why Lievremont blooded an awful lot of players, so that we don't get two meaningless hidings. And ther's also the RWC seeding thing... [/b]

You should have a look to the calendar and you'll notice there are 52 weeks only in a year. Now do you remember when the season started for the French clubs? It was a week after the RWC Final. They have to play the Top14 and the European cups. There has been just one week-end so far whithout club rugby.

You're right it's due to Blanco, he should have sticked to his original position, no French clubs in the European cups.

Argentina summer TMs locations now announced

Saturaday 7 June
Argentina v Scotland, at Rosario (at Estadio Dr.Lisandro de la Torre or Estadio Parque Independencia), time tbc

Saturday 14 June
Argentina v Scotland, at Velez Sarsfield Stadium, Buenos Aires, time tbc

Saturday 28 June
Argentina v Italy, at Cordoba (probably at Estadio Gigante de Alberdi), time tbc

exact times and stadiums in Rosario and Cordoba are to be announced in the next days

I don't suppose anyone knows if the games will be shown on tv at all in Scotland? Maybe at least highlights???

Not sure, i've had a look about, maybe on setanta? pretty sure it wont be on sky.

Typical.

Still, if it's setanta at least you can sign up for the month only at £9.99 without having to sign a contract. I'll have a look at the website and see if it says anything.

Edit- Well if it's on setanta there's certainly nothing advertised on the website. It's just the Magners league and Aussie games it looks like.

Latest posts