• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 14 Semi Final - Hurricanes v Waratahs

Whats with this ANZAC crap Dumbo

Kiwis love nothing more than seeing Aussie teams lose.

This is not war, it's a sporting rivalry.

If it was war than ofcourse we would help the Kiwis take down the Saffas every time......

Just like we would back the Poms in war every time, but when it comes to sport....both Countries love nothing more than seeing the other one lose.

It's all good fun..... dont take it personally.

Go Bulls!!

Originally posted by sanzar@May 19 2006, 11:47 PM
The tahs were in the box seat to win this one, but just couldn't handle the pressure and started to make stupid decisions when it counted. They didn't deserve to win with some of the things they did, it was disgraceful.
Honestly I didn't watch the same game as you, they were never in the box seat, they lead by 1 point at one stage and thats it. The Hurricanes completely dominated.

Originally posted by sanzar+May 20 2006, 12:29 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@May 19 2006, 08:54 PM

go the crusaders all kiwi final would be good.
Meh, been **** loads of those, and seeing the Crusaders win every year isn't exactly good for the comp... would be nice to see the bulls in it. [/b]
maybe because you don't have a team to watch it seems boring. I would prefer to see the blues wining the comp but so long as a kiwi team wins it I don't mind really.

Originally posted by esoj+May 20 2006, 08:45 AM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@May 20 2006, 12:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj

Meh, been **** loads of those, and seeing the Crusaders win every year isn't exactly good for the comp... would be nice to see the bulls in it.
maybe because you don't have a team to watch it seems boring. I would prefer to see the blues wining the comp but so long as a kiwi team wins it I don't mind really. [/b]
I don't mind the Canes... just don't want the Crusaders. I didn't have a team in the NRL GF last year either, but it was great to watch because no one expected either of the teams that made it!

Originally posted by esoj+May 20 2006, 08:45 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj

Meh, been **** loads of those, and seeing the Crusaders win every year isn't exactly good for the comp... would be nice to see the bulls in it.
maybe because you don't have a team to watch it seems boring. I would prefer to see the blues wining the comp but so long as a kiwi team wins it I don't mind really. [/b]
I guess we're both biased, but it seemed like they were in a heck of a good position after that penelty and the kick out on the full... but lost the plot through a bad call, in which aparently Kaplan didn't hear a call from his touch judge that it was the CANES who brought the scrum down.

Originally posted by sanzar+May 20 2006, 11:06 AM-->
Originally posted by esoj@May 20 2006, 08:45 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj

maybe because you don't have a team to watch it seems boring. I would prefer to see the blues wining the comp but so long as a kiwi team wins it I don't mind really.
I guess we're both biased, but it seemed like they were in a heck of a good position after that penelty and the kick out on the full... but lost the plot through a bad call, in which aparently Kaplan didn't hear a call from his touch judge that it was the CANES who brought the scrum down. [/b]
That's really clutching at straws... Tides turn very easily in matches... It could be argued that the Canes should have scored at least another try near the end of the match if it weren't for one mistake by them at scrum time....
There was no way the Tahs were in enough of a box seat to win this match. Perhaps last week when they blew their chances to score points, but this week it was the Canes who dominated and had the Tahs ion the back foot....

Originally posted by kaftka@May 20 2006, 01:03 AM
I'm on the verge of rooting for the Bulls for the simple fact that the Canes will host the final.... Meaning I could go and see it!
The Super 14 grand final played infront of barely 30,000 people in wet and windy conditions. That would be unreal.

Originally posted by kaftka+May 20 2006, 11:15 AM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@May 20 2006, 11:06 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj

I guess we're both biased, but it seemed like they were in a heck of a good position after that penelty and the kick out on the full... but lost the plot through a bad call, in which aparently Kaplan didn't hear a call from his touch judge that it was the CANES who brought the scrum down.
That's really clutching at straws... Tides turn very easily in matches... It could be argued that the Canes should have scored at least another try near the end of the match if it weren't for one mistake by them at scrum time....
There was no way the Tahs were in enough of a box seat to win this match. [/b]
Perhaps not... but with that lead, the momentum appeared to be heading back the Tahs way, and there is no denying that it presented a very real chance for them to take control. But as we know, they choked and threw that chance out the window.

Originally posted by sanzar+May 20 2006, 03:22 PM-->
Originally posted by kaftka@May 20 2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@May 20 2006, 11:06 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj

There was no way the Tahs were in enough of a box seat to win this match.
Perhaps not... but with that lead, the momentum appeared to be heading back the Tahs way, and there is no denying that it presented a very real chance for them to take control. But as we know, they choked and threw that chance out the window. [/b]
You can't really say that they choked.

Two of the best back rows in the competition were facing off, and every ruck was a challenge. From my drunken distorted memory, Masoe had a blinder, and turned the ball over a lot, as did Eaton I think... Not to mention the superb effort at scrum time by the Hurricanes, the entire effort by the Canes forwards was immense. They dominated the Tahs, and that is the reason why they "choked"... When the Tahs got quick ball they looked dangerous. When they got quick ball, they scored their try. The Canes backrow did their best to slow it down within the law, and when they succeeded, they were always there on defense to prevent good metres for the Tahs.
Yes, there was a period where the Tahs dominated, but the Canes put a stop to that rather than the Tahs choking. Maybe we are both biased, but overall the Canes were the dominant team...

...Although you'd expect them to be when the only player in the Tahs backline who played the same place last week was Morgan "girls name" Tubbynui.... Oh and Tuqiri.

Tuqiri had a great game... So dangerous.

Originally posted by kaftka@May 20 2006, 10:29 PM

Tuqiri had a great game... So dangerous.
Tuqiri had a great game, he may all the other three wingers look second class with that performance! The only player capable of tackling him was Umaga.

I seriously doubt the Wallabies will miss Sailor now with a back 3 of Tuqiri, Latham and Mitchell, especially the form Lote's in...

Originally posted by dobrien7@May 21 2006, 10:20 AM
I seriously doubt the Wallabies will miss Sailor now with a back 3 of Tuqiri, Latham and Mitchell, especially the form Lote's in...
Well, I personally hope either Hewat or Rogers get Fullback ahead of Latham, but yeah Sailor wasn't really even in contention for a Wallabies position according to Connolley... Mind you, that doesn't mean his absence wasn't damaging for the Tahs.

Originally posted by dobrien7@May 21 2006, 11:20 AM
Mitchell didn't even make the initial Wallaby train on squad mate.

Originally posted by Wally+May 21 2006, 03:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dobrien7
@May 21 2006, 11:20 AM
Mitchell didn't even make the initial Wallaby train on squad mate. [/b]
Oh didn't he? Shows my attention towards Oz rugby :p

Who would be the preferred back 3 then?

Originally posted by Wally+May 21 2006, 03:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dobrien7
@May 21 2006, 11:20 AM
Mitchell didn't even make the initial Wallaby train on squad mate. [/b]
Then again some no name 31 year old Force hooker made it while 63 test Jeremy Paul didn't, that squad is BS, I'll be surprised if he picks a full strength team comprising of players only from that squad.

Latest posts