• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super League 2007 - official thread

S

St Helens RLFC

Will Saints defend their crown (I hope so!), will a new challenger come from down the pack to catch up, will Wigan reach the top 6 after 2 years of nowhere, will Hull KR make a competetive go of their time in Super League? Will I stop asking such annoying questions?

It's nigh, and it's all in here, please.

Latest Odds for Super League 2007

St Helens - 10/11
Hull FC - 5/1
Wigan - 5/1
Leeds - 6/1
Bradford - 12/1
Warrington - 33/1
Harlequins RL - 100/1
Salford - 100/1
Huddersfield - 150/1
Catalans Dragons - 150/1
Hull Kingston Rovers - 500/1
Wakefield - 500/1

Warrington are well underpriced. They've a much better shout than Wigan and Bradford for me. Worth a tenner, if we suffer any injury problems.

the Wolves will definitely be tough this year now that they've got Vinnie Anderson, enigmatic ex - GB Paul Johnson and Mozza in the forwards, they haven't lost anyone of note except maybe Logan Swann.

Yay super duper league is starting...with all the thrills and spills garaunteed (yes, i no, i can't spell) to make you want to watch the all conquering NRL! lol.

But in all seriousness i think its a safe bet that Saints will be in the grand final, however with my limited knowledge i believe Hull, Warrington and Bradford could knock off the Saints for this years crown!

Hmmm, i mite go with Dan's tip and put a tenner on Warrington. Oh yes and on Hull aswell!

spills? so when is your over-hyped National League League season finally rolling around - maybe i'll watch a second or two before the BigPond player breaks down.

spills? so when is your over-hyped National League League season finally rolling around - maybe i'll watch a second or two before the BigPond player breaks down.
[/b]

NRL kicks of on Friday 16th March 2007 at 7.30pm AEST.

If the NRL is over hyped then i cant possibly find a big enough superlative to convey how over hyped the Super League is. I don't see how its over hyped at all really, you have no proof that it is, there are barely any TV advertisements for it on free-to-air tv and the usual amount on pay-tv. I guess you're just being defensive of your super duper league because you're aware that there is barely anything to defend anymore and you need to keep what you have left. The super duper league is far too commercial. It's mimmicking the NFL in the way its presented.

I admit its a great competition to watch however in my mind the NRL is better and is not over hyped.

NRL is given the amount of hype it requires and deserves in order to taste success.
Super Duper League is visual diarrhoea.

That doesn't mean i dont enjoy watching it of course :)

The NRL can have all the superstars in the world - I find it very, very dull, monotomous, boring and repetetive. And the lack of atmosphere is astonishing. I am sick to death of disrespect from the NRL - we are a very high quality product, but nobody will accept that because we're English.

I like quite like england to tell you the truth. Actually, im moving to england next year for a year or two after i finish school this year.

I admit its a great competition to watch however in my mind the NRL is better and is not over hyped.

Super Duper League is visual diarrhoea.

That doesn't mean i dont enjoy watching it of course :)
[/b]

You're just contradicting yourself completely.

Super League is not even hyped, most people in Britain and the rest of the world are unaware that this great competition even exists. The NRL is boring and robotic - and if anyone tries to imitate the NFL and American Football it is the NRL with the support of its head David Gallop praising everything that is AF. Super League is more exciting with clubs exhibiting different playing styles and more teams having a chance to progress in the CC and playoffs and is a great example that Footy-mania down-under is not the end-all and be-all of RL.

Oh, and yes, the NRL is completely over-hyped, shallow and a load of bull.

I was about to write a reply to that but i noticed you're from the USA so after seeing that i thought to myself "ahhhh that explains it". :)

meh - anyway i'm hoping this reduction of games in SL goes through and gets the support of the other clubs, would be a good move IMO

I'd be for it. It is good for gates and revenue but not for the players and I think the fans. Playing Wigan 4 times a season takes the specialness out of it.

WHO THE f*** IS DUNEMANN!!!! :ar15firing5de:

Can someone in the Super League World shed some light on this player

The Raiders have signed this chap for the upcoming NRL season...like most is just coming home to retire/finish up

I heard he has done well in the Super League over the years.......but like Brad Drew and Jamie Lyon......can they replicate that form in the elite comp we all know as the NRL :blum:

He was decent enough AK. 2 years at Leeds, one at Salford. Quick off the mark, good support player, decent enough 7 also able to play at hooker. He'll do a job, nothing more nothing less. I'm sure the Raiders have better knocking about though.

dunemann - would have thought he would have retired by now - however might inject some bite off the bench, a touch of napoleon complex due to his small stature I'm told....

Latest posts