Venue: Forsyth Barr Stadium
Time: 09:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Sunday, 16 August 2020

mS6KHOz.png
Er9w71N.png
MQA0SnJ.png

Venue: Eden Park
Time: 05:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Don't think these games will proceed unfortunately given the news about Covid 19 spreading again in Auckland. Certainly don't see crowds being there which is a shame, especially as I believe Eden Park was actually sold out.

If the games were to happen the winners would be:
Hurricanes
Blues

It will be such a downer without a capacity crowd at Eden Park.

Time change for tomorrow's game so the canes can fly back to Wellington that night1597394822318.png

CRUSADERS UPDATE: Blues v Crusaders match at Eden Park will not go ahead
Published: 14 August 2020
Following the Government's latest COVID-19 announcement, the Crusaders' final match of the Investec Super Rugby Aotearoa competition, against the Blues at Eden Park, will not go ahead.

Crusaders CEO Colin Mansbridge said: "Investec Super Rugby Aotearoa has been a fantastic display of unity and togetherness for all New Zealanders.

"While it would have been fitting to finish our campaign in front of a full house at Eden Park, I think the rugby community can be incredibly proud of what we have collectively achieved over the last 10 weeks, and will understand that this decision has been made in the best interests of New Zealanders.

"On behalf of the Crusaders, I want to thank all of our fans for their incredible support throughout the 2020 season.

"We could not have achieved the success we have in 2020 without the loyal support of everyone involved in our organisation, including our commercial partners, staff, the Crusaders Board and our wider Crusaders region. I know they will all be disappointed our final game could not be played, but we are pleased we could share our final home game with everyone last Sunday," Mr Mansbridge said.
________________________________________________________________________________

Note - The Crusaders and Blues were both given two points in the standings for this cancelled match.

Last edited:
Highlanders dominate the second half and win, 38-21.

This bring an end to Super Rugby Aotearoa. :p Kudos to the Kiwis!

Last edited:
Its incredible to see a NZ team use a driving maul so effectively and accurately and so regularly, like the Highlanders do. Are we watching NZ rugby ? Or what's going on here ? :D

Aaron Mauger learnt a lot from his time in England.

Hurricanes have 3 disallowed tries ? Is that close to a record ? That's nuts.

Last edited:
Its incredible to see a NZ team use a driving maul so effectively and accurately and so regularly, like the Highlanders do. Are we watching NZ rugby ? Or what's going on here ? :D

Aaron Mauger learnt a lot from his time in England.

Hurricanes have 3 disallowed tries ? Is that close to a record ? That's nuts.

I love the driving maul, it's one of my favorite things about rugby. The Hurricanes kept stepping out of bounds which kept them off the scoreboard two or three times. Thankfully!

Terrible way to end a wonderful tournament, but nothing can be done about it.

Latest posts